« Older   Newer »

1. shereallysaidthat
        +11   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group
    Somewhere Out There, strapped to a paddleboard

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 1/10/2021, 02:07 AM) 
    QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 10/1/2021, 01:47) 
    She may be quoting Glennon, but Glennon stole it from Sarah Ban Breathnach. Here is one of her dailies:

Once upon a time your trusted yourself.
    Today, try to find a photograph of yourself when you were about ten. Make sure you're smiling. Put it in a pretty frame and place it on your dressing table, desk, or in your illustrated discovery journal and look at it every day, Send love to that young girl. Try to travel back in time and imagination. See yourself at ten: at home, at school, and at play. Where did you live? Can you see your house or apartment, and the street? Walk through the rooms in your childhood home. What did your bedroom look like? Who were your friends? Did you have a best pal? Who was she? How did you play? What was your favorite color in the Crayola pack? Did you play a musical instrument? Who was your favorite doll? Can you recall the scent of Play-Doh? What were your favorite foods? What subject did you like best in fifth grade? Can you remember? Try to recall yourself at ten in your daily dialogue pages.
    Have fun with this exercise because age ten was probably the last time you trusted your instincts. You didn't listen to the opinions of your mother, your sister, or your friends because you had your own.
    ...I remind myself that once upon a time, I trusted my instincts. You did, too. Once upon a time there weren't second and third guesses. It can be that way again.
    Try to contact the girl you once were. She's all grown up now. She's your authentic self and she's waiting to remind you beautiful, accomplished and extraordinary you really are...

Glennon, like Jen, hasn't got an original thought in her brain.
    Glennon, like Jen, gets her success by stealing from others.

Why do all these “gurus” assume that we are all like them? I have never had a problem expressing my opinion, saying “no,” or a host of other things that these gurus say apparently every woman struggles with. 🤷‍♀️

So freaking true. While we're on that subject, growing up my "10 year old little girl" self was never told "you can't do that because you're a girl" We were raised to work hard, stay true to yourself, be respectful, admit when you were wrong and if you see a problem, fix it.

891 replies since 10/1/2021, 01:10   109330 views