TimeForAScoldingBecauseYouGuessedWhatImWithholdingLikeJen Pt 211

Riding the Bike to Nowhere

« Older   Newer »

1.     +10   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/14/2021, 07:49 PM) 
    It’s Thursday. She’s baked twice this week so far. That’s a lot for the average person.

I made cookies twice this week :blushing-smiley-emoticon:

But, one was a keto recipe for the husband, and one was regular goodness for the teenage son battling his finals this week.

2.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Single and Sad @ 1/14/2021, 12:44 PM) 
    QUOTE (MrArthurRadley @ 14/1/2021, 19:24) 
    Single and sad, wow that bathtub post had nearly a thousand likes haha. I guess it was supposed to convey the epitome of luxury.
    No I don’t get the appeal at all of eating in water especially with the smell of combined bath bombs and fizzies she always did, because y’know, why use one item when you can use TWO! She often did the same thing with her tea. Such a dainty little carbon footprint.
    (I remember some article where a mother had her son eat dinner in the filled bathtub so he wouldn’t make a mess? Like how does that even work? She thought it did though because they’d been doing that for seven years. Photos with floating string beans.)

I think a large # of teenagers followed her back then.

^^THIS is true
    I keep reading comments on her vlogs from girls saying they started following her in High school
    Bet THEY got a rude awakening to real marriage life LOL

3.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 14/1/2021, 19:16) 
    Of course Jen would never be able to scale down a recipe. Pwetty Pwincesses don't do math

Right? 3 dozen cookies and a dozen muffins. The kids are young and at Don’s half the time so they’ll eat, what...a muffin at lunch and maybe 2 cookies as an evening snack? If she doesn’t want it all to get stale it can’t sit around for a week or more so half of today’s baking is going straight into Jen’s mouth over the next couple of days. You can ride all you want Jen, but you can’t out exercise a bad diet, particularly one full of sugar.

QUOTE (WhyAmIHere @ 14/1/2021, 19:45) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/14/2021, 07:10 PM) 
    Is the baking Donny’s school assignments? The amount she’s done this week is INSANE. Stop eating your feelings Bertha. :snickering:

Did I miss some baking? She baked cookies in the video, and said something about the bananas being ripe so she planned on some banana bread or muffins. I felt like we hadn't seen any baking in awhile which made me think whatever she did/where she went during her silence kicked off some sort of new ED cycle designed for her to lose weight (that she doesn't care about, of course) and the baking was a no go area. In fact, I was expecting some new kale massaging to be featured.

Of course, BB, you predicted the down cycle coinciding with Donny being home which will lead to sugar and baking. Her dieting ED phases tend to be manic upswing phases.

Cookies in the video, which I forgot was filmed on Mon, and muffins today on stories. I assume she made banana muffins.

4.     +19   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    If I’m remembering correctly (& I could be wrong because her rambles sometime confuse me), in her “Stay at Home” vlog, she mentioned something about how the school used to do baking zoom classes last spring (when they were all at home & online), but, this time (during this 2 week at home period for Donnie’s class), she didn’t think they had any baking scheduled.

But, since Donnie likes to bake so much, she was going to bake w/ him anyway because baking is so good for children... it teaches them “cause & effect” & things like that... and then her voice trailed off.

Translation: I don’t know what else to do w/ Donnie because I lack imagination/creativity/independent thought & have little care for doing anything w/ him besides baking + I like sweet treats, & baking w/ my kids makes me look like a good mother & a happy homemaker = I’m going to bake some cookies & muffins.

5.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (WhyAmIHere @ 14/1/2021, 19:52) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/14/2021, 07:49 PM) 
    It’s Thursday. She’s baked twice this week so far. That’s a lot for the average person.

I made cookies twice this week :blushing-smiley-emoticon:

But, one was a keto recipe for the husband, and one was regular goodness for the teenage son battling his finals this week.

That’s different. First, specialty things. Second, adults.

Jen has baked enough in 3 days for a family of 5. But she’s going to eat all of it, less 2 muffins and probably 6 cookies. Her relationship with food is beyond troublesome.

6.     +13   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I feel like I bake tons in November & December in addition to planning for & cooking special meals - especially this year since we’re not eating at restaurants.

So, by January 2, I’m sick of baking & cooking & even eating.

And the last thing I want to do right now is bake any more cookies or any other sweet treats.

If I could get away w/ us all eating popcorn, cereal, & ice cream for every meal in January, I’d be happy.

But, you do you, Jen.

Our daughter made cupcakes last night because cupcakes were on a TV show she was watching which made her crave them. But she didn’t involve me.

Edited by SmoothiesLikeLily - 1/14/2021, 08:10 PM

7.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 14/1/2021, 19:07) 
    QUOTE (SwimmingLeggings @ 1/14/2021, 06:51 PM) 
    Do you recommend a test? There are so many

I don't really think tests work that well, because you need to know what is motivating you to react or act in a certain way. I recommend getting The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Riso and Hudson (for understanding your Core type) and The Complete Enneagram by Beatrice Chesnut (for subtypes/instincts). Those are the books I got the excerpts from that I posted on the last thread.

OT, but how do you know your Enneagram type if you don’t do a test?

8.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    In regards to baking at the school, she had said in the video that "they baked everyday".... correct? When they zoomed in the spring they baked on Fridays... once a week from what I recall. I can't imagine that they ever baked *every* day.

9.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Re:title...what did you all guess that she was withholding? I assume that’s what sent her into this rage?

10.     +15   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I've been enjoying baking a lot lately. I love the Kitchen Aid. I am still not that good but there's some improvement. I am going to make challah tomorrow, my first attempt at making yeast dough. :scared-smiley-emoticon:

11.     +13   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    She could make homemade playdough with the kids. Cooking (or the uncooked variety) AND a follow on activity. It's so easy and lasts for ages. Add some colouring, scents and glitter etc. It was my go-to activity to get a bit of peace and quiet. We would usually pull out the playdough at the end of the day when I needed to cook dinner.
    www.childcareonline.co.nz/page/Rec...play-dough.html

12.     +15   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    When she said she “didn’t binge” on her break, was that her admitting that she binges and purges?

Seriously asking. I don’t binge so I have no idea what that means. It isn’t something I would say after returning from a break.

13.     +7   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    Sorry, my post on page 2 about packing was supposed to go on the rewatch thread and I can’t edit/delete it now

14.     +26   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    DB56160E-D28B-43F5-B778-C33A76F27D7A

This made me laugh, so much that my coworkers looked up from their desks!

15.     +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Jen is so weird, why doesn’t she clock this C H person? They are clearly a troll

905 replies since 14/1/2021, 18:25   107191 views