A Country Life

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    How many of the older kids went to college? I think the creamy broccoli soup daughter is a nurse, but I’m not sure about the rest.

2.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I think the eldest son is a Fireman or paramedic? Amber did nursing school and I think Sam is doing some sort of college education. Peter is very into hunting, farming and baking so yes I can see him taking over the farm for sure. Hopefully Maria will want to be a teacher or something and go to college before marriage.

3.     +6   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Oldest son Nick is a police officer. He went to college and studied Criminal Justice.
    Daughter Emily also went to Nursing School but got married as soon as she graduated and started having kids.
    Amber is a nurse.
    Sam is working and in college but no one says what he is studying.
    Peter will probably take over the family farm. He's not very academic.
    Maria is very smart but remains to be seen what her future will be.

Joe will remain on the farm with the family.

Both Warren and Jennifer went to college. They took over the farm from his father.

4.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    She’s averaging better than most YT moms.

5.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Sam, who goes to college, has always been very into music and working out (I guess like a lot of college-aged guys), but who knows if those are his area of study.

You can go to college for agriculture which might be interesting - a former neighbor did something environmental for a living and we had been talking about gardening, so he was explaining that he'd analyzed the composition of the ground in our neighborhood and knew about the acidity, nutrients, etc.

I think Jennifer is a good teacher because she thinks things through. I don't watch all of her videos, but the one where they traveled to something and went to an indoor park of some type recently was one I caught. She was saying that she read or heard that kids aren't necessarily learning how to communicate effectively, so she was having her kids use the phone to call for car service. She prompted them where they needed to be more clear during the call. One of my kid's teachers does something where he makes the kids send a formal email to their parents copying him every semester - short, explaining the main project they worked on, what their grade is and providing a link to their final project on the school server. Kind of similar - learning how to get your point across in real life.

Jennifer also had the kids doing outside music instruction and Sam took classes at their local high school before college.

6.     +6   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    She also involves Joe in activities with other kids with Downs Syndrome so he has social interaction with other kids like him.
    I think they have a loving and close family who work hard for what they have.

515 replies since 23/1/2021, 22:29   62595 views