« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group
    Burning My Neck with Bacon Grease at Waffhoe House

Status
    Anonymous
    I haven’t bought broth in ages. I use better than bouillon. If I’m making something like chicken soup, I’ll make my own bone broth from the chicken carcass but I never used the whole carton of broth either. The better than bouillon works way better for my needs!

2.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Seems like she bought an awful lot of snack candy type stuff. Also I ask a question I'm not sure what kind of response I will get I'll probably get everybody jumping down my throat but I asked her if she uses paper plates for most of her meals

3.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I'm buying some better than bouillon TOMORROW! :happy:

4.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I don't watch Kimmy that often, but I caught her Costco shop with me this morning. Why is Oma all up in her video? Should the channel be called "Oma's in her Apron"?

5.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (bitchybetty @ 19/4/2021, 06:01) 
    I haven’t bought broth in ages. I use better than bouillon. If I’m making something like chicken soup, I’ll make my own bone broth from the chicken carcass but I never used the whole carton of broth either. The better than bouillon works way better for my needs!

I am a user of powdered broth also. I used to buy the cans and cartons and was like this takes up too much space and I would waste some also. Now I buy the better than bouillon or the powder in the bulk bin cuz it is cheaper and my kids are particular on their ramen noodle flavor (only chicken) and sometimes the stores only have beef so it solves that problem for us.

6.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Waiting for the Pirate PoPo to beat down my door and press charges. Still waiting...

Status
    I save all of my veggie scraps in the freezer to make broth (I'm vegan,my family's not). If we happen to have bones from a chicken or beef roast, I'll make bone broth out of those and freeze it to make gravy with. At holidays my husband's family always saves to turkey and ham bones for me because they know I HATE food waste, and it would otherwise end up in the trash since none of them really cook from scratch. I haven't bought boxed broth or boullion in years.

7.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    It grosses me out that she was eating shrimp in the car on her way home. Like, who eats shrimp on the go like that? Did she just throw the tails out of the window? Idk, it’s just weird.

And she’s giving her kids melatonin like Jordan Page? Is this a Mormon thing, too?

8.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Boppo22 @ 4/18/2021, 10:35 PM) 
    I can't seem to manage a lot of excess food, especially the cartons of broth. I never seem to use a whole carton so I put the rest in the fridge, then I can't remember when I did THAT. Then there's the second guessing, the sniff test, and I inevitably toss the carton, which is so wasteful and bums me out. Even if I remember when I stored the leftovers I usually convince myself that the carton doesn't 100% pass the smell test and I'm scared I'll ruin the soup or whatever it is I am making. Talk about being your own worst enemy. My husband says, "did I just hear you call yourself a dumbass?"

Yep. Yes, you did.

I use a black marker and write the date I used the partial carton, so I know how long it has been sitting in the fidge!

Edited by Justabitch - 4/19/2021, 05:08 PM

9.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Justabitch @ 4/19/2021, 10:52 PM) 
    I can't seem to manage a lot of excess food, especially the cartons of broth. I never seem to use a whole carton so I put the rest in the fridge, then I can't remember when I did THAT. Then there's the second guessing, the sniff test, and I inevitably toss the carton, which is so wasteful and bums me out. Even if I remember when I stored the leftovers I usually convince myself that the carton doesn't 100% pass the smell test and I'm scared I'll ruin the soup or whatever it is I am making. Talk about being your own worst enemy. My husband says, "did I just hear you call yourself a dumbass?"

Yep. Yes, you did.

I use a black marker and write the date I used the partial carton, so I know how long it has been sitting in the fidge!

After having a few cans of tomatoes explode in the cupboard once, we started putting the date we bought the item on the outside of the packaging and we also include the date when we open something so we know how long it has been open.

10.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (enserio @ 19/4/2021, 23:51) 
    It grosses me out that she was eating shrimp in the car on her way home. Like, who eats shrimp on the go like that? Did she just throw the tails out of the window? Idk, it’s just weird.

And she’s giving her kids melatonin like Jordan Page? Is this a Mormon thing, too?

No it’s a lazy parent thing. Some kid’s legit need it and that’s fine but some parents use it like Benadryl to knock their kids out. Gross

11.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Justabitch @ 19/4/2021, 23:52) 

Yep. Yes, you did.

I do the exact same thing for all open foods. I keep a sharpie near the fridge for this very reason. It annoys me when the kids or husband forget to label! And honestly, why does she go to Costco so much? I have two teens, including a teen boy, who eats a TON, a pre teen and a husband, and I think Kimmy is crazy. Who in their right mind needs that much food???

12.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    My comment asking her if she always uses paper plates is the only comment that didn't get a like from her LOL. She needs to be called up on her horrible abuse of plastic products too

13.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    KEY-TOE: yes, girl, I can so relate! I have 2 guys with long, skinny, HOLLOW legs.

But I swear I think I'd rather learn to use a musket or live off my body fat than manage a Mormon food room. Does she lie awake at night worrying over expiration dates? Does Oma deduct points if Kimmy's outdated cans show up in the trash?

14.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (enserio @ 19/4/2021, 23:51) 

I would not give my children Melatonin. It's like mom's giving their kids a little cough syrup to make them shut up

15.     +10   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Oma probably went on a Costco run with Kimmy to get Deric's smug ass a bulk pack of big boy underpants.

1189 replies since 6/2/2021, 21:21   176065 views