AFrozenLakeForAFrozenSoulLikeJen Pt 221

« Older   Newer »

1. Idiot savant
        +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 20/2/2021, 22:37) 
    QUOTE (GrownUpStickerBook @ 20/2/2021, 22:32) 
    True confession time.

For the most part, I didn’t enjoy playing with my kids/grandkids...and I still don’t. I love to watch them play, but I want to keep my lazy self seated in a comfy chair. But I always played with them anyway (well, most times), and still do. I’m sure to any other adult watching it’s obvious I’m not loving every game of Candyland or another Kidz Bop sing-a-long. What I don’t do is create video evidence that I would have preferred having a dental procedure.

**Constructive criticism is welcome, but malicious comments will be deleted. (And any comments that don’t state I’m an awesome mom/grandmom are considered malicious.)**

My mom never played with us that I can remember. She wasn’t into it, but I have a brother and we played together. She read to us and things like that. Jen is so stiff and it’s funny that *she* had to be the doctor. Normally with kids I feel like you’d be the one bringing in the “patient” and they’d be coming up with funny things.

I also don’t feel like it was expected of parents in the 80s to the same degree, and homework also wasn’t something i ever got help with unless it was a major, major project.

I don’t remember my mom playing with us, either. I think it was normal in the 80’s.

904 replies since 19/2/2021, 19:49   119817 views