AFrozenLakeForAFrozenSoulLikeJen Pt 221

« Older   Newer »

1.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I agree that I highly doubt Don wants them all the time either, watching their interactions from old vlogs it’s very clear he actually wanted them though. The fact he would take CC off exploring at Disney. At least he loves them when it’s convenient for him instead of not at all like poor overworked babysitting Jen.

2.     +12   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (GrownUpStickerBook @ 2/20/2021, 10:32 PM) 
    True confession time.

For the most part, I didn’t enjoy playing with my kids/grandkids...and I still don’t. I love to watch them play, but I want to keep my lazy self seated in a comfy chair. But I always played with them anyway (well, most times), and still do. I’m sure to any other adult watching it’s obvious I’m not loving every game of Candyland or another Kidz Bop sing-a-long. What I don’t do is create video evidence that I would have preferred having a dental procedure.

**Constructive criticism is welcome, but malicious comments will be deleted. (And any comments that don’t state I’m an awesome mom/grandmom are considered malicious.)**

Same Here. My son was obsessed with Thomas the Tank. I forced myself to play with him. I would pray for a battery to go dead, so I could go into the kitchen and find a new battery- that was my "me time".

Screenshot_2021-02-20_at_5

I am assuming she is referring to herself, here. Not. Jen is so harsh. Why couldn't she carry that poor two-pound dog down to the lake?

3.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 20/2/2021, 22:37) 
    QUOTE (GrownUpStickerBook @ 20/2/2021, 22:32) 
    True confession time.

For the most part, I didn’t enjoy playing with my kids/grandkids...and I still don’t. I love to watch them play, but I want to keep my lazy self seated in a comfy chair. But I always played with them anyway (well, most times), and still do. I’m sure to any other adult watching it’s obvious I’m not loving every game of Candyland or another Kidz Bop sing-a-long. What I don’t do is create video evidence that I would have preferred having a dental procedure.

**Constructive criticism is welcome, but malicious comments will be deleted. (And any comments that don’t state I’m an awesome mom/grandmom are considered malicious.)**

My mom never played with us that I can remember. She wasn’t into it, but I have a brother and we played together. She read to us and things like that. Jen is so stiff and it’s funny that *she* had to be the doctor. Normally with kids I feel like you’d be the one bringing in the “patient” and they’d be coming up with funny things.

I also don’t feel like it was expected of parents in the 80s to the same degree, and homework also wasn’t something i ever got help with unless it was a major, major project.

I don’t remember my mom playing with us, either. I think it was normal in the 80’s.

4.     +25   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (GrownUpStickerBook @ 2/20/2021, 03:32 PM) 
    True confession time.

Last weekend I played COUNTLESS games of CandyLand and Crazy 8 Card game. Is it my game of choice? Nope. But both games are age appropriate for a 4 year old that wants to play with Grandma. I forgot to video it and put it on the internet, trying to look spontaneously joyful, gosh darn it.

5.     +9   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Now I'm thinking how weird it would have been for my parents to act out scenarios with our Fisher Price Little People or My Little Ponies. I don't think anyone's parents did that back then.

6.     +10   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    That's what siblings are for.
    But I still think Jen should make a lot more available to them, both experiences and material things, especially messy things like crafts. She can present materials & options without having to sit & talk Barbies with them

7.     +16   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 21/2/2021, 00:07) 
    But I still think Jen should make a lot more available to them, both experiences and material things, especially messy things like crafts. She can present materials & options without having to sit & talk Barbies with them

That’s what she pays the soup kitchen for.

8.     +32   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    My son is so bad at playing by himself
    Part of this is our fault because until his sisters came along, he had our full attention and we just liked playing with him
    Now it's like pulling teeth for him to go play with a toy for 5 minutes alone

but someday he'll want to play video games alone for 5 hours and i'll miss this stuff so I'm just trying to enjoy it :-)

9.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 21/2/2021, 00:15) 
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 21/2/2021, 00:07) 

That’s what she pays the soup kitchen for.

We used to take our kids to the zoo
    My brother & wife would say “ oh he goes with the class for a field trip” and shrug- they literally never took their kids anywhere
    Jen reminds me of them

10.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (martiniflightlikedon @ 21/2/2021, 00:16) 
    My son is so bad at playing by himself
    Part of this is our fault because until his sisters came along, he had our full attention and we just liked playing with him
    Now it's like pulling teeth for him to go play with a toy for 5 minutes alone

but someday he'll want to play video games alone for 5 hours and i'll miss this stuff so I'm just trying to enjoy it :-)

Don’t worry- he will adapt. My son is an only child so he was good at playing on his own but I played with him quite a bit. The twins are so young, he’s just getting used to it.
    And yes. Now that my son is 14 it’s like pulling teeth just to get him out of his room unless it’s feeding time.😂

11.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MingMing22 @ 2/20/2021, 07:59 PM) 
    QUOTE (Breakdown @ 20/2/2021, 13:08) 
    Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of wasting gas to drive that kind of distance to buy a cup of fair trade coffee? For fuck's sake, buy a pound of fair trade coffee and brew it at home.

Count me in the group of people who were so wrecked by the death of my last pet that I'm not sure when or if I'll adopt another ;_; they really do take a piece of our hearts with us when they pass. If Jen truly cared about the mop, she wouldn't walk her in those conditions OR keep her hair long.

Someone should notify the writer that Jen used one of her poems without permission. She could make a copyright claim against Jen's video.

I'm sorry hun. I know your pain. It's like no other...I guess but like family. The one positive is the memories we have...they will never go away!!❤

QUOTE (zizizouzou @ 20/2/2021, 14:09) 
    Poor Winnie. If the way Jen treats her means she loves her, imagine what Cruella would do to her if she didn't.

Come beloved pet, let's walk in -14C because I love you so very much. :wacko: Love hurts and Winnie knows it. :cry:

Yeah she is pretty stupid for that. Their paws are very sensitive and I read that the ice melt people use on sidewalks can give their paws problems too. I had never thought about that until I read it.

QUOTE (Single and Sad @ 20/2/2021, 18:37) 
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 20/2/2021, 18:27) 
    She will probably try to train it, and the cat will be like “F-you”. Cats know terrible people.
    But she used to talk about getting one and how growing up she always had cats.
    I feel for any animal she gets.

A cat will scratch her eyes out!

Ha ha!! Yeah it would. She doesn't seem like a cat person to me. Cats are more independent than dogs. She thrives on the clingyness of Winnie. Plus she takes the dog every where. I mean I guess some people do that with cats....idk!!😂

Oh man, can you imagine walking on ice melt salt on bare feet in freezing temperatures.?

12.     +10   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    The Department of Redundancy Department. Repeatedly repeating.

Status
    Anonymous
    I think some of you think the dog was bare pawed.

She wasn't.
    She had pink booties on.
    Jen's an asshole, but she doesn't walk that mop bare pawed in the winter.

booties

13.     +10   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    She uses those little things that look like condoms on Winnie. They come in different colors.

14.     +6   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (martiniflightlikedon @ 21/2/2021, 00:16) 
    And yes. Now that my son is 14 it’s like pulling teeth just to get him out of his room unless it’s feeding time.😂

Same with my 14yo daughter!

I disliked playing Barbies or My Little Ponies with her, but we would color, or read or play board games. I realized I lacked imagination to have the ponies fly around and go to school in the Barbie house :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

15.     +19   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 21/2/2021, 01:23) 
    I think some of you think the dog was bare pawed.

She wasn't.
    She had pink booties on.
    Jen's an asshole, but she doesn't walk that mop bare pawed in the winter.

booties

Regardless of paw protection, the dog shouldn’t be out that long d/t the air temp. In and out to potty.

904 replies since 19/2/2021, 19:49   119698 views