ForgetTheTownHallGottaSaveMyDollsLikeJen Pt. 222

« Older   Newer »

1.     +35   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Those dishes are the colors & style of what we brides were choosing in the early to mid-nineties.

I got married in the mid-nineties, & our every day dishes were very similar - white w/ a Wedgwood blue trim & pink & yellow flowers & green leaves around the edge. I also had curtains & place mats to match. Everything has since been replaced.

Jen’s dishes, like a lot of the rest of the decor of the 1st house, are nice but very dated & just are not at all while brides in the early 2000s were choosing.

I’ve said this before, but I really think Suzanne helped Jen decorate their house & probably assisted w/ any bridal registries as well. I think Jen was enamored w/ the Rosses & wanted to do everything exactly Suzanne & Emily. Jill strikes me more as a “hands-off” kinda mother & probably didn’t involve herself very much in helping Jen set up their house.

I think, now, in looking back, Jen thinks of herself as “caged” because she felt pressured to live her life like the Rosses - but whether or not that pressure was self-induced or really was coming from Suzanne, I don’t know. I think, though, at the time, Jen was quite happy to do everything just like Suzanne & Emily.

And, because Jen spent all of her married life both emulating the Rosses AND whatever YouTube persona grabbed her attention, she never developed her own style & never learned how to put things like a house together... and, now, she’s lost.

2.     +6   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    She could sell the china at the same consignment shop she has the jewelry. She could also buy some nice pieces to fill that empty "ballroom".

3.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 2/28/2021, 04:07 PM) 
    How on earth would one get big cabinets up into an attic for storage? How do you hoist them up?! The mechanics aren’t computing for me.

I know Jen is boring right now and I have no intent to derail the thread into Quality Attic Spaces, but we have a walk in attic space over the garage. Original owners designed it for storage but fully prepped to turn into living space if needed. That does exist, THAT said I am clueless about RM1's attic and it's access. If it's traditional ladder style access then I have no idea how those bookcases can be up there. Has she ever hinted to another storage place? Maybe they share one with PDQ or Raven?

4.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Hello ladies it’s been a few weeks for me. I had foot surgery and though I technically have the time I’ve been in and out on pain meds. I’ve done a little bit of Jen catch up. I saw Valentine’s Day YouTube video, dear God. Haven’t seen the weekend ones before that just checked her Instagram today and saw the China she is most likely selling.

But I hate to ask this have I missed anything major the last four weeks? I feel stupid even asking since she seems to be living in a vacuum of nothingness. I assume the house has not progressed, another words still empty.

5.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I’d have to look at the YDR pic again but I was thinking each doll’s cabinet was separate and made to stack. So it would be easy to hoist what is essentially a box up into an attic. No different than lifting a bin.

Or I could be remembering them completely wrong in which case you can ignore what I said above.

6.     +19   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Jen always seemed to look down on Scott and Bev's not so clean or organized home, but Jen at her core is just like them. I agree with SmoothieslikeLily. Jen was trying to fit in with the Ross' and impress even her own parents with her lifestyle with Don, but Jen is not like either. Jen is a lazy slob. She wants to eat sweets and play on her phone all day.

7.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Friends, I have a home issue that I would love some advice on. Thank you! https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net...1052654&st=1920

Edited by fiercelyprivate - 28/2/2021, 12:24

8.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 28/2/2021, 17:23) 
    I am curious about what all her overwhelm is about. Is it thinking that she'll want those items in the future? Just loving them all so much? Shame about the money that was spent? (that one is impossible, she's shameless). What else takes up residence in her brain besides the physical things that she's surrounded by? Oh right, it's her weight.

Not speaking of Jen specifically but overwhelm is a sign of depression and perceived overload. Not necessarily the “objective” situation one is in.

Edited by KayTee - 2/28/2021, 06:25 PM

9.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    I wonder if Jen had the intention to not move all her hoard over at once because she did, ideally, want to get rid of a lot of it... her plan could have been to go through it before being required by a sale to move it out, therefore only moving out what she really wanted to keep. However without an actual deadline looming she just never went over there to go through it (except for holiday decor at the holidays). Someone mentioned her tendedncy to be a perfectionist which can lead to procrastination... I can relate! So I could see her procrastinating, knowing she has tomorrow, or another day with no kids where she could spend some hours there at RM1 but she just never did. I am like this with projects, I have to have a good clear half day if not a whole day to really delve into something. I am jealous of those that say, hey I got an hour til such and such, lets tackle this a little bit... but then of course we get back to the whole question WHAT DOES SHE DO ALL DAY??? lol.

Also, the week after christmas...I still say she did a retreat somewhere but maybe she was working on stuff then and too tired to Peloton? Only did yoga? I dunno. That would have been perfect time but then we are talking Jen.

So procrastinating me has to get my arse over to the grocery store, thanks for the entertaining Sunday morning coffee time. You bakers are so entertaining. :D

10.     +10   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SingHo!toDons2ndWife @ 27/2/2021, 22:29) 
    Emma Lovewell (Peloton instructor) quoted recently in one of her classes “If you need something done, ask a busy woman. The more you do, the more you can do”. Jen is the antithesis on this.

To have the chore of packing up a house, hanging over my head for a YEAR would do me in. :nervous:

agree 100%. I have been not working for almost a year now due to Covid and I have all the Time in the world, but I’m getting no shit done. Granted, I had foot/ ankle surgery, painted a few rooms, organize CDs DVDs etc. etc. but when I think about it I did nothinh this year. Heck Taylor Swift made two albums. I am a type of person that needs stress and a busy schedule means getting more stuff done.

11.     +18   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Cha-Ching! Another piece of jewelry sold at the consignment store. The money just keeps rolling in for Miss Jen. I do get some satisfaction from knowing she doesn’t have an endless supply anymore. But she still seems to have plenty.

12.     +17   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    I find it surprising how quickly they are selling. I would have thought it would take longer for such high ticket items.

13.     +15   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm surprised, too. I would never think to pick up things like that on consignment! I wonder if the shop has customers they call who are on a list for those kinds of things.

14.     +6   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (CakeLover @ 2/28/2021, 12:30 PM) 
    agree 100%. I have been not working for almost a year now due to Covid and I have all the Time in the world, but I’m getting no shit done. Granted, I had foot/ ankle surgery, painted a few rooms, organize CDs DVDs etc. etc. but when I think about it I did nothinh this year. Heck Taylor Swift made two albums. I am a type of person that needs stress and a busy schedule means getting more stuff done.

I can relate. I did work for a portion of the year but man...it’s crazy how quickly you can switch from go go go to slowing wayyyy down and getting much less done. you learn to stretch out activities just to eat up time. it’s awful really

15.     +42   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    We are about two weeks away from the COVID lock down anniversary. A year ago I had a can do attitude. Now I have the utmost respect for people facing the challenges of mental illness on a daily basis. I have been all over the map, emotionally.

The Bakery was key to this year. Love to all of you ❤️

887 replies since 24/2/2021, 21:02   96270 views