PrettyNeatLivingToPrettyMuchNothingLikeJen Pt 223

« Older   Newer »

1.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 3/3/2021, 01:58 AM) 
    QUOTE (luggagewarehouse @ 3/3/2021, 01:42) 
    This is why I believe there is absolutely nothing that will help Jen - not a book, not religion/spirituality, not volunteering, not a job, not even a mental health professional. In order to evolve you have to be willing to look critically at yourself and hold yourself accountable. Jen is incapable of ever doing that. Nothing is ever her fault. Nothing she does is a problem.

Until she's willing to stop lying to herself and everyone else, she will never change. Even having children didn't motivate her to change.

This has really been the only true surprise Jen has thrown at us. Everything, even the divorce, has been predicted by Bakers and our predecessors often years before it happens. There was a huge range of opinions on what Jen was going to be like as a mom but ice cold narcissist was not one of them.

The only thing we didn't predict was her response to having CC, TBH. We all (well most of us) really thought she was going to put Don in the poor house with all her spending, and she really shocked us with that one.

2.     +20   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 3/2/2021, 08:42 PM) 
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 3/3/2021, 03:06) 
    I strength train 3X per week(approx 30-45 minutes of work, not counting warm up and cool down) and I do 3-4 cardio sessions, varying from 30 minutes to an hour. I am stronger and leaner than when I was teaching 12 classes in 5 days. More isn't necessarily better.

I would love to know your workout routine - me being of similar vintage.

Dang, she really does have one big eye!

I don’t know how much exercise is too much from medical/health perspective, but when the amount of time you exercise in a day/week keeps you from doing your job or meeting other obligations (cleaning out RM1 for 9 months), finishing staining the book cases, organizing the office, etc - then I think maybe it’s too much.

This is what she wanted and is really happy she tells us. So...why all the Debbie Downer stuff?

ETA @gardenhoe Less, Yes, no, no, who knows

I mix my workouts up, but usually my lifting is 5 different exercises that I do for 1 minute each, with 10 seconds rest in between each move. I use weights that are heavy enough to make it hard to finish that set. After the 5th move I rest one minute. I then repeat it 3 additional times. Here would be a sample of a simplified total body workout: Squat (1 minute), 10 seconds rest; Bicep Curl (1 minute), 10 seconds rest, Alternating Lunges (1 minute), 10 seconds rest, Overhead Press (1 minute), 10 seconds rest; Dead Lift (1 minute), 1 minute rest. Repeat 3 additional times.

Sometimes I do compound exercises for each move. Example: Squat with Bicep Curl, Plie with upright row, deadlift with bent over row, lunge with side lift, etc.

About every other week I throw in a tabata workout.

Cardio is whatever I feel like doing: Spin bike, treadmill, arc trainer, kickboxing

Jen says that she chooses between exercise and showering and she chooses showering. I have never had to do that. If I had to choose between lifting weights and cardio, I will pick weights - especially with the format listed above (because it gets my heart rate up). You may burn more calories, initially, with your cardio. But, you will have longer metabolic benefit from the weights. You burn calories at a higher rate for a longer period of time. Jen does it wrong.

3.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Thank you Yetta! 💪

4.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 3/3/2021, 05:59) 
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 3/2/2021, 08:42 PM) 
    I would love to know your workout routine - me being of similar vintage.

Dang, she really does have one big eye!

I don’t know how much exercise is too much from medical/health perspective, but when the amount of time you exercise in a day/week keeps you from doing your job or meeting other obligations (cleaning out RM1 for 9 months), finishing staining the book cases, organizing the office, etc - then I think maybe it’s too much.

This is what she wanted and is really happy she tells us. So...why all the Debbie Downer stuff?

ETA @gardenhoe Less, Yes, no, no, who knows

I mix my workouts up, but usually my lifting is 5 different exercises that I do for 1 minute each, with 10 seconds rest in between each move. I use weights that are heavy enough to make it hard to finish that set. After the 5th move I rest one minute. I then repeat it 3 additional times. Here would be a sample of a simplified total body workout: Squat (1 minute), 10 seconds rest; Bicep Curl (1 minute), 10 seconds rest, Alternating Lunges (1 minute), 10 seconds rest, Overhead Press (1 minute), 10 seconds rest; Dead Lift (1 minute), 1 minute rest. Repeat 3 additional times.

Sometimes I do compound exercises for each move. Example: Squat with Bicep Curl, Plie with upright row, deadlift with bent over row, lunge with side lift, etc.

About every other week I throw in a tabata workout.

Cardio is whatever I feel like doing: Spin bike, treadmill, arc trainer, kickboxing

Jen says that she chooses between exercise and showering and she chooses showering. I have never had to do that. If I had to choose between lifting weights and cardio, I will pick weights - especially with the format listed above (because it gets my heart rate up). You may burn more calories, initially, with your cardio. But, you will have longer metabolic benefit from the weights. You burn calories at a higher rate for a longer period of time. Jen does it wrong.

Yes, thank you!

5.     +22   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (OrganicTampon @ 3/2/2021, 11:54 PM) 
    She's one step away from a padded cell. Or she should be at least.

At least it would give her some content: L'hospital tour. "It's my hospital in a loft--a l'hospital. All the furniture is from Pottery Barn Teens. I had a roommate, but one night she wouldn't share her chocolate, so I smothered her with a throw pillow".

6.     +5   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group
    Wandering the globe, searching for my identity

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ShiseidoCottonPad @ 3/3/2021, 06:50 AM) 
    QUOTE (OrganicTampon @ 3/2/2021, 11:54 PM) 
    She's one step away from a padded cell. Or she should be at least.

At least it would give her some content: L'hospital tour. "It's my hospital in a loft--a l'hospital. All the furniture is from Pottery Barn Teens. I had a roommate, but one night she wouldn't share her chocolate, so I smothered her with a throw pillow".

😂😂😂 So glad I was between sips of wine! So funny, but I could totally see the video.

7.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    What has sent her into this cycling spin?
    In her mind is she going somewhere or does she do this trip to nowhere just to fill in some hours.

Her storiesdown would be laughable if we didn't know how sad it is.
    Silly quotes and a photo of her with a crown above her head.
    Jen, it's time to move on from Disney princesses

You are not, and never will be anything of note.
    You do nothing that is noteworthy. Riding a bike to nowhere for hours on end just makes you look desperate.

8.     +31   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She's clearly addicted to the high that you get from intense exercise. My guess is that MiserableLikeJen can't find joy in anything much at the moment, even her kids ffs, so is spending every possible moment on her Peloton, instead of doing all the other things she's been procrastinating over for months. The interaction style also suits her... she has all of her Peloton 'friends' but doesn't have to speak to them directly or show an interest in them as people. So she feels less lonely but without the friendship commitment that she hates. Double bonus: Being part of the 'Boo' fan club and his weird hareem is a replacement for Don, so she can procrastinate over dating as well.

It's disturbing.

9.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Italy. The country of art, good taste and good food! Nothing that Jen is aware of.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Lucky_Me @ 2/3/2021, 22:37) 
    Queen Jen or Saint Jen?

Gosh, I was thinking the same.
    Oh yes, Saint Humble Jen going through so much!

QUOTE (BackupSize8 @ 2/3/2021, 22:46) 
    PrettyPatheticLivingLikeJen

She should rebrand! :snickering:

Saint Jen, tolerating and enduring such unruly :to-quote-smiley-emoticon: Dear Friends

10.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Unserviceable Jenbot @ 2/3/2021, 09:28) 
    Sorry for the multiple posts, I haven't figured out how to attach more than one photo in a single post.

I thought that was an ATM 🤣 I had to look twice

11.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Italy. The country of art, good taste and good food! Nothing that Jen is aware of.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Elfagoddess @ 3/3/2021, 04:26) 
    So something glitched and I thought the last thread was on 2 days with no new posts...so finally found you guys over here and it’s 38 pages in. :animated-smileys-drinking-023:

Not sure if it’s been said- but she’s sold 2 more jewelry pieces.

I surely missed out on something. But where do you guys see she is selling her stuff?

12.     +33   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    I agree - I have been getting a weird sense that she is using the peloton as an outlet for social interaction. The same sick relationship she has with her camera.

I also think Jen is blaming the pandemic for her isolation post divorce. So in a way, it’s allowed her to postpone facing the reality of her situation. She may think she has it tough right now but I think it will hit her harder when life goes back to normal and there’s no pandemic to be blamed for her empty life.

13.     +22   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Hey Jen, how’s your job going?

14.     +19   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 3/3/2021, 10:47) 
    I also think Jen is blaming the pandemic for her isolation post divorce. So in a way, it’s allowed her to postpone facing the reality of her situation. She may think she has it tough right now but I think it will hit her harder when life goes back to normal and there’s no pandemic to be blamed for her empty life.

Same rule applies to seeing the Rosses and being invited to their family gatherings. She's probably convinced herself that her in-laws are just protecting themselves until they get vaccinated and the pandemic is over. Then she can waltz back into their lives like nothing has changed. She's in for a surprise when there are no restrictions any more and the only reason for excluding her is that their son dumped her.

15.     +18   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I’m guessing Jen didn’t get a shoutout during her 100th ride last night from her boo ... my friend was taking her 500th ride on that same class and she posted that she did. Finding that out first thing in the morning made me laugh. :happy:

905 replies since 28/2/2021, 18:58   101025 views