TheWinteringOfMyDiscontentLikeGene Pt. 226

« Older   Newer »

1. Malicious Vitriol
        +16   Like  

User deleted

BigBerthaEmpath :6792: A little late to comment but I understand what you mean about egg and dairy grouped together. I am of the same opinion as you. Please continue to snark here. There are so many of us with different personalities and ways of expressing our opinions. Don't let the differences get to you. I believe everyone is well meaning. Even with our Gene, I'd like to believe all of us here would be very proud of her if she can be open to advice and get herself sorted out. The day we start complimenting her instead of criticising is the day Jen wins.

Btw, Winnie looks worse than a stray dog! So unwashed, unkept and unkempt like her owner.

QUOTE (zizizouzou @ 11/3/2021, 02:28) 
    Before we do that (again! LOL) can we get a stand up comedy run with BarefootNightmares ? I bet she can fill 20 pages with her one liners and we can laugh until we cry.

Jen will be seething we are not paying her any attention!

Yes please. With husbandontherun 's comeback one liners... :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

2. Rumpus Nail Polish
        +15   Like  

User deleted

I have a discussion topic I've been thinking about, since Gene is oh so boring.

I've seen it mentioned several times that Gene has no friends and NEEDS TO GET SOME. But....what if she doesn't? What if you genuinely don't want them? I mean, obviously I'm not defending this nutbag. But just from my personal experience: I'm a little bit like Golden Girls character Frieda Claxton. I'm not a miserable, vile, scum sucking crank, but "I've got no use for people, never have." I have a sister I'm fairly close to and chat weekly with a few other family members, but that's it. I don't have friends, and I don't want any. I'm not unhappy or depressed or miserable about it. I just don't want them. Thoughts?

3.     +12   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    zizizouzou Aww thanks friend! I love making people laugh!

4.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 11/3/2021, 02:11) 
    QUOTE (SyntheticThong @ 11/3/2021, 01:26) 
    Why oh why are the kids wearing masks at the park OUTSIDE?

Don’t know about Illinois but in our state we are required to wear a mask outdoors. Originally it was only if you weren’t socially distant and then they changed it to all the time.

In Ohio it’s not required outside unless you can’t do the social distancing thing.

5.     +11   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    Masks aren't required in Illinois outside. I see kids playing on playground equipment at our schools and parks and none are wearing masks.

6.     +25   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen has mentioned repeatedly that she wants friends, love, a tribe. She's just a loser.

7.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Rumpus Nail Polish: you and I must be clones of each other!

8. Rumpus Nail Polish
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (NotLonely @ 11/3/2021, 03:07) 
    Rumpus Nail Polish: you and I must be clones of each other!

LMAO love your user name 😂

QUOTE (ColdOne @ 11/3/2021, 03:05) 
    Jen has mentioned repeatedly that she wants friends, love, a tribe. She's just a loser.

Yeah see I don't want that. I'd love to be single. 🤷

9.     +7   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen, is that you?
    Attached Image
    Meat

10.     +18   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    The reason Jen needs friends is because she lacks perspective while also acting like she knows it all. She lives in a bubble while claiming that she doesn’t. She has no clue how to relate to other human beings.

11.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (DisneyPrincess @ 11/3/2021, 00:20) 
    The baker with the eggs are dairy comment on the previous thread answered for me why it seems to be a persistent thing I see mentioned online. In the US they are in the dairy refrigerated area. In our supermarkets they are not refrigerated and just shelved in the general supermarket aisles. I could never work out why people group them dairy but now I get it now.

Sent via ForumFree Mobile

I just mentioned this in another thread. When I went to England I wondered why eggs were not refrigerated. I had to google. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

12.     +25   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Rumpus Nail Polish @ 11/3/2021, 02:51) 
    I have a discussion topic I've been thinking about, since Gene is oh so boring.

I've seen it mentioned several times that Gene has no friends and NEEDS TO GET SOME. But....what if she doesn't? What if you genuinely don't want them? I mean, obviously I'm not defending this nutbag. But just from my personal experience: I'm a little bit like Golden Girls character Frieda Claxton. I'm not a miserable, vile, scum sucking crank, but "I've got no use for people, never have." I have a sister I'm fairly close to and chat weekly with a few other family members, but that's it. I don't have friends, and I don't want any. I'm not unhappy or depressed or miserable about it. I just don't want them. Thoughts?

Have you made an online video saying you want friends? Have you pretended on social media that friends have sent you gifts? Do you share your life details with strangers and refer to them as friends? :toothless-chuckle-smiley-emotic

If you answered “no” to all the above, then you’re fine...keep doing what works for you!

13.     +20   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (DominantJunk @ 11/3/2021, 03:47) 
    The reason Jen needs friends is because she lacks perspective while also acting like she knows it all. She lives in a bubble while claiming that she doesn’t. She has no clue how to relate to other human beings.

I don’t see how she could maintain true friendships. I think we have all known people who are like Jen in the sense that they may seem “great” when you first meet them but you quickly realize there’s something seriously not right with them.

14.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (The Wookie @ 11/3/2021, 03:53) 
    QUOTE (DisneyPrincess @ 11/3/2021, 00:20) 
    The baker with the eggs are dairy comment on the previous thread answered for me why it seems to be a persistent thing I see mentioned online. In the US they are in the dairy refrigerated area. In our supermarkets they are not refrigerated and just shelved in the general supermarket aisles. I could never work out why people group them dairy but now I get it now.

Sent via ForumFree Mobile

I just mentioned this in another thread. When I went to England I wondered why eggs were not refrigerated. I had to google. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

Yup, eggs, milk, and cheese always together in the dairy section of the store.

Jen’s the type of person you always promise to have lunch with, but avoid it at all costs.

15.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ClingingToUtah @ 11/3/2021, 04:36) 
    QUOTE (The Wookie @ 11/3/2021, 03:53) 

Yup, eggs, milk, and cheese always together in the dairy section of the store.

Nobody contested that they are refrigerated in the same section. But that doesn't mean that because the store manager doesn't care to label the refrigerator "eggs and dairy" eggs are dairy.

In other languages there is no confusion, because dairy is called "milk derived products".

890 replies since 10/3/2021, 20:48   102295 views