Large Family Love Pt 2

« Older   Newer »

1. Shutupalready
        +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (WV. Transplant @ 13/1/2022, 15:39) 
    A llama would also be a very good guard dog. Alpacas work as well and are a bit nicer. Donkeys bite and llamas spit. It wouldn't make too much difference for me as long as they let me know something is wrong. She has small children so she needs too choose carefully.

I was going g to also suggest a few Llamas or alpacas. They're her animals. But great guard animals. I want to get some, too. I know we need a guard dog, but our whole 18 acres is impossible to fence all the way in because we have several creeks, and I'm so afraid of one wandering off and getting shot, or to the road and getting hit or stolen. My poodle went off property a few months ago and disappeared like that. He usually stayed here and roamed, and came back. One day he didn't. I was upset. I don't want to do that again. Livestock though, I can fence in an area for them. I don't want to keep a dog fenced in a paddock, even though that seems normal, it feels weird to me. Idk. But I guess it's my dumbass fault for trusting that he would hang out, even after he did before. Made me feel like a terrible dog mom.

2536 replies since 25/3/2021, 21:47   213661 views