HadAVanlifeHighAndWillPostAVidWhenPigsFlyLikeJen PT 233

« Older   Newer »

1.     +10   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    80DC6994-3C65-4C24-BA1D-68A2D0D5B88A

I’ve not caught up on all of the comments yet, but I thought we were going to be getting a yoga / exercise series in various beauty spots, (like above) seems like a missed opportunity since she was doing it in that cramped van

2.     +49   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Sigh, I haven't had time to read all of the last 30 pages, but I managed to watch most of the video this morning, so sorry if some of this (inevitably) has already been said.

The video itself was dull, but the whole 'van life' thing is very revealing in terms of where Jen is in her life at the moment. Jen has the really contradictory personality trait that she has to wrestle with every day of disliking being around other people because she's socially awkward and finds meeting the needs of others so exhausting, while also wanting recognition, head pats, praise, and someone to talk to. This is why Youtube has served her very well over the years - she had 'someone' to talk to and give her reassurance about how great she is, while not having to offer anything in return.

The 'driving out into the middle of nowhere' thing is such an obvious metaphor for wanting to escape that you don't have to be a psychologist to realise why she's doing it. It's also why she's become so fascinated with 'van life' as a concept and spends all day scrolling on Instagram watching other people have no responsibilities. The only thing she has to escape now are her kids and her giant house with all her stuff in it. Don isn't part of the problem any more. We all know that when she talks about being caged she is actually referring to the responsibility of being a mother. Her marriage to Don was tickety-boo until the kids came along. That's not a coincidence.

It doesn't matter how much she bare-faced lies to the camera about her dream being van life but also 'don't forget I love my kids!' it's obvious what she is running away from. We all know how comfortable Jen is with lying and changing the story to suit her needs. She's sad because she hates being a mother. She's sad because she's having to come to terms with the fact that hating being a mother will never be popular - not with her family or her viewers. So is being forced to continue to lie about it, which means she can never be true to herself. As a result she will take that lie to her grave.

The thing she is lacking is purpose. Once the kids leave to go to Don's, what does she do all day? Shops on Etsy? For what? She has no reason for being. The obvious purpose she -should- have is motherhood. Plenty of stay-at-home mothers make their kids their whole purpose. Which is why it's even more obvious how much Jen hates being a mother - her purposelessness wouldn't need to be a problem if her kids were her everything. She has no job or project, and she has lost her husband and in-laws. Don dumping her is the worst thing that has happened to Jen because she is now thoroughly lost.

Jen's other big problem is that there are never any consequences to her behaviour and selfishness. Don and the Ross family always just absorbed Jen's bad behaviour and shittyness, and they are doing it now too. She gets away with stuff and so never grows as a person. Instead of holding her to account for being a bad parent, Don left her because he didn't want to deal with her shit any more. Now she just gets to do whatever she wants, on his dime. This is how shitty people continue to be bad because they never take responsibility for themselves and nobody else ever dares hold up a mirror to them.

Who knows what Jen will do next because finances are never an issue and her selfishness continues to be facilitated by people around her. The only thing that could possibly get her back to the only life that has made sense for Jen (being a housewife) is if she meets another rich guy. But right now she's only attracting flies.

3.     +11   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 15/4/2021, 05:11) 
    QUOTE (Beetrix @ 15/4/2021, 04:49) 
    Brilliant 😂😂😂😂🤣🙃😜🤣

It’s like the dumbest name change ever

Who are these people? What am I missing?

Cher and Stevie Wonder. Cher with Wonder. Share with Wonder.

4.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Were we notified of the name change?
    Was I asleep when this happened?
    Well I suppose that she finally realised that she wasn't living up to the channel name. She is not pretty, she is not neat and she is not living. However, it is only manners to inform your followers if you are going to change the name.

We have literally waited weeks for her to put up a video. I thought I could handle it but I couldn't.
    I tried, gritting my teeth at the obvious travelogue that was being presented. I watched the revolting dinner and the last marshmallow being warmed but when she stated the following morning that she would stick to her routine and do yoga and meditate that was it, I cold take no more.

Bakers did you see 177k subscribers!!!!!! When did this happen.....HOW did this happen :nervous:

5.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (EverythingButTheBagel @ 15/4/2021, 09:42) 
    80DC6994-3C65-4C24-BA1D-68A2D0D5B88A

I’ve not caught up on all of the comments yet, but I thought we were going to be getting a yoga / exercise series in various beauty spots, (like above) seems like a missed opportunity since she was doing it in that cramped van

Motto of her life: missed opportunities

QUOTE (WhatSheSaid @ 15/4/2021, 10:16) 
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 15/4/2021, 05:11) 
    Who are these people? What am I missing?

Cher and Stevie Wonder. Cher with Wonder. Share with Wonder.

I saw it was Cher and Stevie Wonder but I didn’t make the connection! 😂😂😂

6.     +22   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Okay I've slept on it. My initial thoughts remain. Jen's belief that she's made a monumental change for the better is laughable and stupid. The rebrand name is stupid. She's making me feel sorry for Don and what he put up with. Definitely feel bad for the kids. This won't go well for Jen.

7.     +30   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    No comments on the video in the last nine hours. She doesn’t trust her dear friends enough to just let them run free... :snickering:

8.     +16   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    So, Mr Ratchet and I started following a lot of vanlifers last year when we bought our camper to get ideas for organization and storage. My favorite one to watch is Elsa and Barron (www.youtube.com/channel/UCaXSPxQxctfY_7smdTVkK6w). They live full time in a Scamp trailer and do it to escape high cost of living in cities and they do most of their time on BLM land. They are also really creative and into sustainability and all that. If any of you want to see how actual content creators live tiny, check them out. :)

As someone who is moderately outdoorsy, you can tell she just went to REI and bought a ton of equipment just on the recommendation of whoever was helping her. She should have been coming up here to WI to try out some local hiking to see what she would actually need. I get the feeling she wasn't doing 10+ mile hikes so why in the world did she have a big backpack with a damn hydration bladder?! I carried less when I ran a damn 50K in the summer and I had to carry all my own food and water.

She looks like an idiot. By all means, try out van life in the most expensive and wasteful way possible, Bertha.

9.     +56   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I’m sure it’s been mentioned but her Peloton handle is now movewithwonder.

It’s so stupid. All of it is SO. DAMN. STUPID.

10.     +21   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Why she did yoga in the van when she had the great outdoors to lay out the mat and practice? Because she hates her body and is always conscious of people watching her and judging her. Remember the “looks of consternation” or something like that she thought people were giving her ring?

Ok, I’m off to work now. I’ll probably come back to another whole thread. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

11.     +8   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (LateKate @ 15/4/2021, 12:39) 
    Why she did yoga in the van when she had the great outdoors to lay out the mat and practice? Because she hates her body and is always conscious of people watching her and judging her. Remember the “looks of consternation” or something like that she thought people were giving her ring?

Ok, I’m off to work now. I’ll probably come back to another whole thread. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

She also chose to go somewhere that is still pretty cold, especially when you are in the desert.

12.     +22   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 15/4/2021, 12:22) 

Will Emily send over new bespoke towels and hats?

13.     +16   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ThunderThighsAndWonderTushLikeJen

14.     +18   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    There is a recently graduated Med student now starting a psych residency that I follow. He has done an amazing things this past year in trying to destigmatize mental health issues. I saw this on his Instagram feed this morning.

Hello Jen, THIS!!

7F393301-D80A-4D41-A4A6-D68F5CAD74CE

15.     +10   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Checked domains again today and sharewithwonder.com is now taken, was registered yesterday morning. So either someone is trolling her by blocking the domain or she really didn't check what was available before her announcement and scrambled for a replacement just like her IG double name change.

Either way, :mocking_smiley_emoticon:

QUOTE (Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 15/4/2021, 12:22) 

So what's the hashtag going to change to, #ridingwithwonder? Who would want to tag that?

909 replies since 14/4/2021, 03:12   96533 views