ClosedMyWonderlandSoICanWanderInAVanLikeJen Pt. 234

« Older   Newer »

1.     +21   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Jen is an idiot and doesn't think things through. I hope her kids aren't harmed too much by this nutso mother of theirs.

2.     +34   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 15/4/2021, 17:17) 
    Checking into a psych ward would require an ounce of self realization. She’s nowhere near there yet.

5150 Hold Through My Lens :snickering:

3.     +17   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Counting all of my $$$$ while in the house that Don bought

Status
    Anonymous
    proudmommyofapeloton

OMG I love your name!

4.     +11   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (proudmommyofapeloton @ 4/15/2021, 10:22 AM) 
    I had unfollowed her a while ago, but checking back in after this weird rebranding. I couldn't help but wonder: why did she did not pick a name that is the same across all social media... This is just begging for a bakery account on YouTube called share with wonder. I mean, if you follow her on insta under that name and it is the same everywhere else as well, except YouTube... you'd search that name on YouTube as well too right?

Because she wasn't smart enough to look and make sure it was available on all social media that she uses. She actually made it something else (I can't remember what it was) and then changed it to With Wonder. She is so bad at what she does!

5.     +22   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    With Wonder has to be about the lamest name ever, & you can tell she consulted w/ absolutely no one.

Or, maybe she did talk about her “rebranding” to others & they gave her suggestions & advice. But, since all she really wanted was to hear “You go, girl! You’re totally awesome!”, she, in her legendary stubbornness, doubled down & stuck w/ With Wonder.

And, then because she did virtually NO planning for this rebrand, she had to stick “share” on there since “With Wonder” was taken on a few platforms.

I mean, just off the top of my head either “Wondering with Jen” or “Wandering with Jen” would have been better because, at least, it includes her name.

And, like others have said, she’s not going to be doing “van life” w/ any kind of regularity like the real vanlifers do, so, even w/ a change in content, Pretty Neat Living would have still worked & would have covered the van life trips, the walks by the lake, the occasional “I’m ready to share what I bought at Whole Foods,” the very infrequent moments w/ her kids, etc.

I mean, of all her stupid moves, getting rid of her recognized brand is right up there as the most stupid.

So, because it makes absolutely no sense for her to get rid of Pretty Neat Living so suddenly & change to With Wonder in such manic fashion, I do think that she probably did have some kind of “monumental” shift within the last week or so.

Something happened either w/ Don or w/ the Ross Family that made her very nostril-flare-y & seething, &, suddenly, in her mind, she began to associate “Pretty Neat Living” w/ her caged life w/ Don & as a Ross.

Just like her Tiffany’s jewelry, she wanted to be rid of it & come out w/ her own new identity that has no connections at all to her former life.

Like I’ve said before, I think that, in her mind, maybe even subconsciously, she also associates CC & Donny w/ her former Ross life & that’s one of the reasons she resents them so much. CC & Donn were former Jen & don’t fit new Jen.

But, she can’t get rid of them like she did her handbags & her jewelry, so she’s stuck w/ them.

6.     +9   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I will say it was nice to see her actually film herself in some shots while walking around rather than being the voice behind the camera. She's a mess, and completely lost in life currently, but that actually seemed like some personal growth since she has said in the past she didn't feel like she had a place in her own story.

Or I'm giving her too much credit idk. Either way it was a more pleasant viewing experience than just looking at rocks. This frame for example:

WdWyYfJ

7.     +33   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I hope Cody roasts her new name.

8.     +21   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I hate Jen's constant need to admonish us to "Keep In Mind". Stop micro-managing your audience, Gene.

Screenshot_2021-04-15_10

9.     +33   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I hope Don's lawyer is taking detailed notes of her craziness, both for their children's sake and to get the restraining order issued for the Utah house.

10.     +51   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    As much as I love the theory that the Rosses have frozen her out, sadly, I don’t think it’s the truth. She just stayed at their vacation home for a couple of days, stored her luggage there probably, prepped her meals for that shack of a van etc. And I bet she will be out there this summer like she said. It makes zero sense but there you have it.

11.     +35   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    My theory on the ill-timed, not-thought-out rebrand:
    She's been depressed since the divorce; no motivation to create good content.
    She got mad about getting criticized for the shitty content she did occasionally put out
    Meanwhile, she grew more and more resentful of the kids, and regretted "wasting" her 20's as a housewife instead of adventurer
    She daydreamed about being a vanlifer and creating fabulous, cinematic videos and tried it out while Don had the kids.
    One day during or right after the trip something clicked and she decided a rebrand was the answer....If she got rid of PNL, she would get rid of the expectations that came with that brand so no more negative feedback (ha!), AND she would magically be transformed into an adventuring pseudo-vanlifer (double ha!) She had to capitalize on this little bit of momentum before it disappeared, hence disregarding the fact that she's featured on Wild U this very month as the PNL organizing guru, and without taking time to even find out if she could use the same handle across all media.

And I predict that in due time, she will come to realize that occasional camping trips do not alter one's day-to-day lifestyle at all, and thus she will still be a depressed, resentful divorced mother of 2 small children. She'll just be one who occasionally goes camping and makes shitty videos about it.

12.     +13   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 15/4/2021, 17:48) 
    As much as I love the theory that the Rosses have frozen her out, sadly, I don’t think it’s the truth. She just stayed at their vacation home for a couple of days, stored her luggage there probably, prepped her meals for that shack of a van etc. And I bet she will be out there this summer like she said. It makes zero sense but there you have it.

They are probably doing what they can to appease her for the sake of their grandchildren.

13.     +20   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    My secret theory with the rebrand is that she wanted to be free of the planner llamas.

I bet she is hating doing her Llama Professor job this month.

This way, she can be done with anything planning or organization related. "I'm sorry, I rebranded now!"

14.     +12   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    Oh, and I think Suzanne definitely said it was ok to stay the night at the log prison. Maybe Don even knew about it but didn't care since he wasn't going to be there. BUT I think his expectation whether he was there or not was that she would stay in the downstairs bedroom like she did last summer. But Jen being Jen, saw no reason not to stay in her/their former room on the main floor. Don found out somehow, like maybe she had to let him know she left the sheets in the dryer so she wouldn't miss her plane, and he went ballistic on her for helping herself to what is now solely HIS bedroom.

15.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BinThereOrganizedThat @ 15/4/2021, 16:21) 
    I’m totally on board with Yetta’s theory of Gene overstaying her welcome. She’s acting out like a toddler. Pushing the boundaries to see what she can get away with.

And I guarantee Don came up with “pretty neat living” Although he is the reason she had any success at all. So it’s kind of a moot point to throw away something Don came up with to rebrand for followers that only know of her because of everything Don’s money did.

Will she change it to ShopWithWonderCloset?

I think I remember that she actually wanted “neat living” but it was already gone so she added the “pretty” back then too. Looks like a pattern...

900 replies since 15/4/2021, 15:20   100418 views