ChasingAwayFansWithWonder Pt 235

« Older   Newer »

1.     +18   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    A book I would like to recommend to Jen.

When You Find My Body: The Disappearance of Geraldine Largay on the Appalachian Trail

2. Malicious Vitriol
        +8   Like  

User deleted

IceCreamInAYetiAllForTheFattyLikeBerthaGene

Edited by Malicious Vitriol - 22/4/2021, 10:27

3.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Italy. The country of art, good taste and good food! Nothing that Jen is aware of.

Status
    Anonymous
    Van Life because I have No Life LikeGene

Vane LifeTo Eat all the Ice Cream likeGene

Van Life To Spend Money with Wonder LikeGene teh eh

4.     +42   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Real D, Rented V, All For Me Like Gene

5.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (gardenhoe @ 22/4/2021, 08:16) 
    A book I would like to recommend to Jen.

When You Find My Body: The Disappearance of Geraldine Largay on the Appalachian Trail

Inchworm! I remember watching about her on north woods law. Very sad

6.     +11   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Don'tNeedAManCosIHaveAVanLikeGene

7.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    OnTheRoadAgain:WithMyCoolerButWithoutMyKidsLikeMotherOfTheYear

8.     +20   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 21/4/2021, 20:56) 
    She is on a completely different page from those kids (not even the same book at this point). She has zero interest in being a mother. She has zero interest in the life to be had and shared with the kids. She’s so checked out mentally. And is actively pursuing a life that has zero room for them in it.

This is what I don't understand. Her excuse for all of this is that the kids need to be with their father 50% of the time which gives her additional time on her own (hence the sudden interest in van life). But Jen is using that as a reason to only keep her children alive and nothing more. She doesn't buy them anything and they don't go anywhere. Surely only having your kids half the time should be more motivation to make the time you spend with them extra special and important? Kids of divorced parents are usually more spoilt because the parents want every hour to be special. She is so completely checked out and she won't stop lying to herself about it.

9.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Italy. The country of art, good taste and good food! Nothing that Jen is aware of.

Status
    Anonymous
    I think she has been preparing herself for van life for a long time. It kind of adds up to me now after having watched her van life video in Moab, or maybe is just my super crazy theory. Anyhow.

Aside from her innate sloth laziness, she grew more and more, at first maybe subconsciously into the 'minimalism' she saw in those Van Life series. Then, she began to copy the Van Life behaviours adopting them in her life in small doses, then given her divorce and her wanting freedom, she wanted to get rid of more and more stuff reminding her of the past (including her husband but sadly not her children), then she started by trying of living with less, owning less, using less things to cook and such. No unnecessary decorations or furniture. Wearing the same comfy clothes over and over again, less products for beauty routine, no make up, more technical /outdoor/ mountain clothing. She was preparing herself psychologically to try Van Life. But spending more on quality (?) stuff.

Is it just my impressionism? or did someone else noticed that too?

10.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    The reason folks like Vanlife is because it is the opposite of their usual life/work routine.

To live a life, temporarily, without the trappings of a normal life.

We know Gene was over the top with her purchases and hoarding so a week away with next to nothing would be good for her.

However, why should the kids be deprived of home comforts just because she wants to be.

11.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    #NoBestieButIGotMyYetiLikeJen

12.     +25   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    All I know is that Youtube keeps recommending one of her May 2013 vlogs to me: I Love Me Some Handbags. And I think, wow, what a different person she is today! But then I click into the vlog, and the first ten minutes are a big weepy scolding of her viewers for being critical of her last week's vlog. And that's when I realize that Jen is NEVER going to change.

13.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Wow- I stopped video to post this-
    we need to see the video that got her fans pissed off!!!.
    It’s a Housewife confessional the week before
    So May 9 2013????

14.     +15   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think van life is a relatively new interest - after they were in RM2, not something she was necessarily building toward. It’s another firm of escape from her life.

Don’t know if it’s the same with Jen, but packing a house that you’ve filled with excess purchases can be enough to make you want to get rid of a lot of things. They’re suffocating when you have to confront them (like when moving). Usually you almost don’t see the clutter because you’re used to it and don’t have to deal with it.

I think van life and moon beam persona is Jen looking for an identity. She’s been SWF’ing alternative lifestyles hard for almost 2 years now, starting with GD. She doesn’t know who she is once she stopped being Don’s spoiled process with zero responsibilities, other than doing Don.

Mom persona just doesn’t resonate with her, despite what she says to the contrary. Being a hands on parent to very young children can be hard. Jennifer doesn’t do hard. Never has.

Jen’s life satisfaction peaked when she was going out to Utah alone many weeks a year and could have all the time to herself doing what suited her.

VeganGingerbread This is what lead to Don’s drunken defense of Jen. We just watched that a couple of days ago on rewatch thread.

15.     +11   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    IMO, Jen likes to be alone the most when she is avoiding something. It's not enough for her to be all alone in her big grey mansion that is now surely crammed with bins. Plus her kids rooms are constant reminders that she will not be alone for long (which for most people would be a joyous reminder??).

I'm low key jealous of all her bins. I LOVE cleaning/organizing. I love my stuff, keeping tabs on everything I own, and making sure that I use what I have (or give it away). If I were Jen, I would light one up, play some music, and get to work!! But she is SO in denial. Either that or she is truly the laziest slob.

1001 replies since 18/4/2021, 22:21   100729 views