Jen Ross Rewatch-Part 7:Afraid of Weight Gain, Same Exercise Pain and The Birth of Donsplain

« Older   Newer »

1.     +13   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I really did not understand them staying over either. I love when Je. Is almost giddy that they got the call and were requested to go up to the hospital!!

I love Jen explaining to us about the early stages of labor and what’s typical for labor in first babies, etc. Always the expert.

Emily doesn’t wear a lot of makeup - but let me bring her makeup remover wipes to the hospital.

Emily doesn’t wear much jewelry, but let me order her a gold necklace with the baby’s name and birthstone.

I don’t want to overwhelm her, but let me pack her a Vera Bradley bag with 3 tubes of chap stick, another lip balm, plus a tin of lip butter. Oh and 2 tooth brushes, a hair brush, mouth wash, q-tips etc - because there’s no way Emily remembered to pack a toiletry bag for the hospital. Or a robe.

Oh, and we’ve been invited to spend a good part of her labor with her (sorry, never would I want 5 people in the room with me while I’m labor. To each their own)...and it feels like August today so let me work out, walk Winnie, run errands and NOT shower before going into a close space with 5 other people.

Edited by KayTee - 5/19/2021, 02:20 PM

2.     +9   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    Yeah, I'm sure Emily had a toiletry bag packed and a robe. Especially a first time mom, it is exciting and fun to pack your hospital bag and have it ready.

3.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Again, to each her own, but I’m not sure why some women think it’s somehow better or more virtuous not to have an epidural. You don’t get more mom points if you experience greater pain while delivering your child. You do tire yourself out more, stress your body/mind with excess pain, etc.

Similarly, I don’t understand why some women (including Jen) think they’re somehow less of a “real” mom if they have a Casaerean.

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion/decisions but I just don’t get those.

4.     +14   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Could you imagine being in labor, looking over and seeing Jen rubbing her comfort owl while talking to Don in her baby voice? I can picture Jen giving Emily laboring advice.

5.     +12   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 5/19/2021, 07:05 AM)
    I really did not understand them staying over either. I love when Je. Is almost giddy that they got the call and were requested to go up to the hospital!!

I love Jen explaining to us about the early stages of labor and what’s typical for labor in first babies, etc. Always the expert.

Emily doesn’t wear a lot of makeup - but let me bring her makeup remover wipes to the hospital.

Emily doesn’t wear much jewelry, but let me order her a gold necklace with the baby’s name and birthstone.

I don’t want to overwhelm her, but let me pack her a Vera Bradley bag with 3 tubes of chap stick, another lip balm, plus a tin of lip butter. Oh and 2 tooth brushes, a hair brush, mouth wash, q-tips etc - because there’s no way Emily remembered to pack a toiletry bag for the hospital. Or a robe.

Oh, and we’ve been invited to spend a good part of her labor with her (sorry, never would I want 5 people in the room with me while I’m labor. To each their own)...and it feels like August today so let me work out, walk Winnie, run errands and NOT shower before going into a close space with 5 other people.

I love your post, it truly shows what an empath Jen is :lol: Deodorant and mouth wash! As if Emily didn't pack her own toiletries bag. What a nutball.
    I HATE when she speaks like a labour/baby expert! She sounds like a 12 year old who just took a health class. She's 30 and doesn't have any friends (period) with kids. I imagine any time her nail tech mentioned anything, Jen would spend hours immediately after their appointment googling whatever the topic was. Then she would come back next week with, "Did you know..."

QUOTE (JenBoyle’sHusbandFreeBunion @ 5/19/2021, 08:21 AM) 
    Could you imagine being in labor, looking over and seeing Jen rubbing her comfort owl while talking to Don in her baby voice? I can picture Jen giving Emily laboring advice.

Can you imagine being at a 9 on the pain scale and looking over at Jen chomping on chips and cackling at Suzanne, trying to steal your own mother's attention away from you?

6.     +9   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I have the feeling all of them think the other are incompetent:
    Weathermen David couldn’t take Emily to the hospital and call the in-laws that live in walking distance
    4 people in the house and Jen still needed to pack a bag for Emily

7.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    I know lots of people have others in delivery or waiting in the lobby.

I went into labor in the evening and Bangle Jr was born around 4am. I didn’t get into my “regular” room until almost 7am because of shift change. Visiting hours began around 8 and I was bombarded with family. I was admittedly not happy. I had been awake for 36 hours, had just given birth and my epidural hadn’t worn off yet because no one expected a quick labor for a first baby. If you look at the pictures of me opening baby gifts, you can see how little I care and how badly I want everyone out of my room so I can take a nap and bond with just my husband and my son.

I cannot imagine having Jen and Don there (plus whomever else, I haven’t watched yet). That would not be a “positive birth experience” in any way. :snickering:

8.     +11   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think Jen's "gift" was a massive projection of her own inability to feel discomfort for even one second. I bet her hospital bag was brought in on a pallet

9.     +13   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    To think my friends just brought me food and offered to take home what we didn't need anymore. It was nice not to have 11 millions things and a baby to take home.

10.     +7   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen giving all the unnecessary details at the end--Christ. She's putting on her "serious" voice and trying to make the whole thing reverent.

11.     +16   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    My husband brought stuff home each night (I stayed 2 nights). Then he brought the car seat and the baby’s bag the last day.

But I did come home to a fully stocked fridge and freezer from friends and neighbors and that was OUTSTANDING. We also were given a bunch of restaurant gift certificates from a wise friend at the baby shower, with a suggestion to save them for right after the baby was born.

That was a bazillion times more valuable then another robe and lip balm...

12.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 5/18/2021, 02:44 PM) 
    For someone who was so caged and unhappy, thinking of leaving....she sure smiled a lot and LAUGHED a lot.

I was thinking the same thing. She was happy until kids came in to the picture. How sad for those kids.

13.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 19/5/2021, 17:05) 
    My husband brought stuff home each night (I stayed 2 nights). Then he brought the car seat and the baby’s bag the last day.

But I did come home to a fully stocked fridge and freezer from friends and neighbors and that was OUTSTANDING. We also were given a bunch of restaurant gift certificates from a wise friend at the baby shower, with a suggestion to save them for right after the baby was born.

That was a bazillion times more valuable then another robe and lip balm...

Jen has a more “look what I bought” type of showing she “cares”.
    Imagine if she would loose her me time prepping meals for other people to eat.

But a voucher to a restaurant ms Know It All didn’t think to buy.

14.     +12   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think her love language was definitely gift giving (and clearly receiving). The problem was that she always chose things she liked or wanted, not necessarily what the recipient wants/needs.

That’s why her claims of being an empath are hilarious. Everything she says or does is in the mindset of what she gains from it.

ETA: she didn’t cook back then. It would never occur to her that taking that task off Dave & Emily is a help.

15.     +15   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    And since I’m already shitting on parents today, the reason Emily was late in delivering is because Suzanne was so far up her ass, there was no room for Grace to emerge
    :smoking-smiley-face:

925 replies since 7/5/2021, 00:18   73593 views