Jen Ross Rewatch-Part 7:Afraid of Weight Gain, Same Exercise Pain and The Birth of Donsplain

« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I think Jen's love language was money because she has a shopping addiction
    You still get that shopping high when you're buying for someone else, but there is even less "guilt" involved because it's a present

2.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    But, did Jen really buy that birthstone necklace for Emily after all?

3.     +10   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Did Jen have to give all the details? Of course she did as she has no boundaries. That entire family is just way too weird. Why they won't kick her to the curb. Getting rid of my ex in-laws was perhaps the best part of my divorce. I got off the crazy train.

4.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 5/19/2021, 12:38 PM) 
    Baby Watch! Will it happen? Will Jen pack snacks to take to the hospital? Of course she will!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3j6ISLF47o

And, who has a new Vera Bradley case, just in case? Jen, of course. And, living right in the same block, why did Suz & Poopsie spend the night there? Strange.

I don't have kids but I've been present for when my sisters and brothers had their kids. They always brought their own toiletries with them rather than rely on a family member gifting them this kind of stuff. Maybe I'm wrong about this but it really feels like Jen is going through the motions at coming up with a gift for her sister-in-law. :unsure:

5.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (cheap ass soy sauce @ 5/19/2021, 03:55 PM) 
    To think my friends just brought me food and offered to take home what we didn't need anymore. It was nice not to have 11 millions things and a baby to take home.

When my sisters and brothers have/had babies, the rest of us siblings do things like clean their house, fill their fridge and freezer with foods they like and made sure they had plenty of heat 'n' eat meals made from scratch. We do any laundry that needed to be done, we fetch things from home and take them to the hospital. We take things from the hospital home. We bring the baby carrier for the trip home. We make sure they are very well taken care of for the first month or so as needed. This means us aunts and uncles get plenty of time with our nieces and nephews while giving mom/dad/baby time to bond and rest. The big thing though, is that we NEVER hung out in the room like it was a casual family get together while our sister or sister-in-law was working on bringing a tiny person into the world!

6.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Where's the avocado @ 20/5/2021, 00:59) 
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 5/19/2021, 12:38 PM) 
    Baby Watch! Will it happen? Will Jen pack snacks to take to the hospital? Of course she will!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3j6ISLF47o

And, who has a new Vera Bradley case, just in case? Jen, of course. And, living right in the same block, why did Suz & Poopsie spend the night there? Strange.

I don't have kids but I've been present for when my sisters and brothers had their kids. They always brought their own toiletries with them rather than rely on a family member gifting them this kind of stuff. Maybe I'm wrong about this but it really feels like Jen is going through the motions at coming up with a gift for her sister-in-law. :unsure:

She’s already given her a ton of baby stuff at the shower, her birthday, just because. She practically gave more to this point then what she ends up doing for her own kids. Did she need a push present from her SIL too?

7.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 19/5/2021, 19:37) 
    And since I’m already shitting on parents today, the reason Emily was late in delivering is because Suzanne was so far up her ass, there was no room for Grace to emerge
    :smoking-smiley-face:

:hearty-laugh:

8.     +6   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Oh I feel for Emily here!! My first baby was TWO! Weeks late and I had well meaning family ringing every day asking when I was damn well going to have that baby!!! As if the reason I hadn’t had her was because I was lazy! On the other hand my chill obstetrician was telling me I had a due month not a due date so chill!
    I don’t think Emily is the type to want randoms with her in labour, Jen totally forced her into “kinda’ wanting us there”
    Im betting that when Emily turns 40 she will get much better at reinforcing boundaries with people like Jen with absolutely zero self awareness who trample others boundaries all the time
    Jen TOTALLY was going to film the labour, she had her camera and charger, until it was pointed out that she had to respect Emily’s privacy
    Lol at Jen doing nothing that day but paint her nails but they got takeout again!!!

9.     +11   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    Exactly. You let the couple rest and bond with the baby and you do things to make their life easier for the next month or so. When my daughter had baby #1, she asked me to help her the first few days, as she had never really cared for a baby. I helped, but let her have her time with the baby and told her to let me know when she needed to rest or had questions. I had already put about 10 meals in their freezer that just needed warmed up. They had food brought over by many people. When she had baby #2, she asked me to keep baby #1 (who was then a toddler). I brought her up to the hospital when they asked me to and I stayed back to let mom, dad, baby & sissy bond over the baby. I went and got coffee for us and came back. I did NOT pack a robe or a walking pharmacy. Did it not occur to her at all that Emily had already packed a bag with everything that she needed? It's not like she went into labor several months early and wasn't prepared. The more I watch her, the more it is confirmed that she is a whackadoodle.

10.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm assuming most women get to the point where you don't even care who's looking at your crotch. You just want the baby out. I know I was there.

But before you reach the threshold of not caring, it can be very stressful to have a lot of people around. Especially if those people are asking questions, using a baby voice to innocently say critical things, or just generally being annoying. I would imagine Jen doing all of these just to try to keep the attention on her. I would have kicked her out ASAP.

As everyone has mentioned, the best way to help out new parents is to reduce the work they have to do that's not related to the baby. The most helpful things are those that give mom and dad time to bond with the baby, take a shower, or just get a quick nap.

11.     +11   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    As usual, Jen was completely focused on herself (wondering what it would be like for her) and she treated it like a science experiment. She wanted to see the l&d wing, observe the positions Emily tried, watched her stretch... she is a freak. She probably used that as one of her excuses not to get pregnant, "But I haven't visited the labour & delivery ward yet!"

12.     +12   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I wish I had some of you very generous ladies when I had my kids! My oldest was six weeks early and had a very traumatic requiring a NICU stay for baby and a nasty recovery for me. We couldn’t get any of our family to even let the dog out. Two days after little guy was discharged, we were expected to drive an hour to my mother in laws. While we were there, I spent the whole time either in the bathroom with a bleeding problem or hooked up to a breast pump (baby had to be syringe fed). Hubby and I would have been thrilled just to have someone bring us dinner, just once.

13.     +7   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (JenBoyle’sHusbandFreeBunion @ 5/19/2021, 08:40 PM) 
    I wish I had some of you very generous ladies when I had my kids! My oldest was six weeks early and had a very traumatic requiring a NICU stay for baby and a nasty recovery for me. We couldn’t get any of our family to even let the dog out. Two days after little guy was discharged, we were expected to drive an hour to my mother in laws. While we were there, I spent the whole time either in the bathroom with a bleeding problem or hooked up to a breast pump (baby had to be syringe fed). Hubby and I would have been thrilled just to have someone bring us dinner, just once.

You poor thing! That's terrible!

14.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    That’s so stressful!!! <3

15.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I can’t imagine having people in the delivery room. Granted, my first delivery (my daughter) was stillborn so there wasn’t a chance in hell I needed an audience to make that worse. With my son, I made it very clear that there was to be no one in the room except for medical personnel and my husband, and when my OB asked if I wanted the mirror I told him he was on crack. I treat delivery as a medical procedure to be taken seriously, not some woo-woo meditative music birth “experience”. The nurses were very respectful as they knew my past and respected my only wishes- call out any possible problems and no bullshit. Any sign of a problem, cut that kid out immediately. (I didn’t need a C-Section but I wanted them to know I didn’t care if they needed to do one). All that matters is that the baby comes out alive. At least to me.

QUOTE (JenBoyle’sHusbandFreeBunion @ 20/5/2021, 03:40) 

Your mother in law sounds terrible!!

925 replies since 7/5/2021, 00:18   73598 views