« Older   Newer »

1.     +55   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    The simple truth is this: Jen would not tolerate being treated the way she treats everyone else. Imagine if Don chose to put himself first every day :rolleyes: Forget single mother she’d straight up call herself a “survivor”.

2.     +15   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    At my age, the concept of self care is baffling. When I had my son, I worked full time, he was at a sitter with 4 other kids, he got potty trained there, he got socialized there, he went to per K at 4, more socialization. They did a Mother’s Day macaroni necklace, dandylion flowers on valentine hearts, then full day K, more socializing as well as learning numbers, letters, etc., no washing windows, polishing brass, cutting carrots. Weekends were playing with his friends or going to a lake, riding with his father on the motorcycle, going places with grandparents, eating real meals, not just pizza and grilled cheese. Self care? The whole girls night out thing was going to Jazzercize with my BFF at the time. I never had a sitter, so DH and I did not go out unless son came with. We did it a lot. I knew no one who ignored their kids the way she does. If that was how she was brought up, it is sad. Kids model after their parents, Charlotte and Donny are going to be the same way. It is too bad Don and Gene never had a FT nanny, even with the custody schedule, Gene could have the nanny there on her days and nights, doing school drop offs, pick,ups, taking them on adventures, feeding them, reading with them, you know, the things Gene has to do, refuses to do, is shitty at doing, and won’t do.

3.     +19   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Thinking about her quote...

Actually, you do have to be selfless to be a parent. It means you put your kids first. Same with being a spouse or even a good friend. It doesn’t mean you let yourself go, but yes, it means you don’t always get what you want.

I wonder how she is going to be when her parents need eldercare =/ I know they will outsource as much as possible, but most likely they will still need her involvement at some point.

4.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    What she doesn’t get is that in a few years, doing “self care” becomes easier. Older kids have their own challenges but life starts anew when they wipe their own butts & dress themselves. THAT is when most moms branch out & relearn who they are, whether it’s a hobby or exercising more or more socializing with adults. Things change & some things become easier as the kids get older (same goes for your relationship with your spouse but that’s already been blown up).

5.     +42   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SmoothiesLikeLily @ 5/10/2021, 11:35 AM) 
    She is so selfish, but, even worse than being selfish, is how smug & self-righteous she is about being selfish.

it's sickening

someone that spends 4 full days with their kids per month doesn't need to be going on and on about me time and self care

when it comes right down to it she resents doing a single thing for anyone who is not Jennifer Ross. remember when Don would defend her and talk about how caring and giving she is? lol...god he was fooled

6.     +23   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Bertha Gene has gone and done every Mother’s Day class Peloton put on yesterday... the audacity for her to think she’s actually a mother :nono2:

7.     +21   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I did self care yesterday. Sat on the couch and read a book. Honestly, the first years as a mom are intense, but you just need to get sleep, don't try to do everything. Get massages, stuff like that. You don't have to sacrifice your whole life to be a mom, your sense of self, etc. Honestly, the age Jen's kids are isn't too bad. I got to go to the zoo and the science center all the time, and not feel like a weirdo.

8.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Yesterday’s shitquote is from an account Jen followed recently

But read the description of her soon to be published book
    Perfect for selfish Jen
    Attached Image
    BB27C4E8-16FE-4EF6-9A92-13CCC0809515

9.     +20   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Lucky_Me @ 5/10/2021, 11:52 AM) 
    Honestly, the age Jen's kids are isn't too bad. I got to go to the zoo and the science center all the time, and not feel like a weirdo.

I loved when my niece was around Charlotte's age. so much fun stuff to do and it's so fun seeing things through their eyes. I guess the problem is that Jen gets no enjoyment out of seeing things through her childrens eyes. fun stuff is for Jen's eyes only

10.     +39   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I wonder if Jen would be as inclined to opt out of societal expectations and pressures if it landed her in a double wide trailer and driving a Kia Rio.

11.     +24   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Jen should never have had kids. Even if it meant divorcing Don earlier and giving up child support she should have just been truthful and never given birth. Jen has never really HAD to sacrifice anything for her kids, she CHOOSES to think she did. She never had to go without new shoes/clothes because the kids needed them. She never had to eat toast for dinner because there was only enough money to buy food for the kids. She has the money to do so much with her kids and make sure they never go without. But she doesn't. She is a selfish spoiled brat!

Nothing would make me happier than for the money to dry up and her having to actually work to support herself and her kids. She really doesn't deserve all the money she is getting from Don. (this doesn't apply to all divorced women, just her). She didn't help Don start his business. She wasn't the cute corporate wife helping him to grow his business. She didn't do everything at home so Don could work 100 hours a week growing the business. She sat at home and did nothing. She didn't host business dinners or company parties. She didn't cook or clean. It's not even like she worked to support them while Don went to school. I hate her!

12.     +37   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Here’s the thing - she & Don are not the 1st parents in the world to have 2 kids close together in age.

Tons of us have done it, & most of us didn’t have access to as many resources as the 2 of them had & still have.

Yes, that baby & toddler stage is TOUGH, &, when you have both a baby AND a toddler, it’s even tougher.

You feel like you lose a bit of yourself (or a lot of yourself) because it’s reality - you do lose some yourself during the very young stages of your children.

And becoming a mother shakes you to your core & completely upends your world & changes your entire identity, for worse AND for better. It takes a while to find yourself again, &, when you do re-discover yourself, it’s a new & different version of yourself.

But, the thing is, as many of us have mentioned before, that young baby & toddler stage is NOT forever. Kids grow & become more self-sufficient & less physically needy of their parents 24/7.

So, during those very young stages, you muster through... laughing & crying & sleep-deprived & grumpy & messy & snapping at your spouse... and, through it all, even in the messiest moments, there is fun & some really beautiful & bittersweet moments.

And, then one day you realize you’re on the other side, &, yes, you do have time once again to start an exercise program or get your hair done or pursue a new interest.

Jen & Don missed all that because they are both weak-minded & don’t have any kind of mental fortitude to muster through anything.

And, if I were Jen, instead of being so smug & proud of myself, I’d be ashamed.

13.     +18   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    For all the "self-care" she claims to do, she only focuses on her physical (bubble baths, exercise, etc). I often assess my clients' self-care with a self-care assessment, and it includes plenty of other areas of self-care--social, psychological, spiritual, PROFESSIONAL. Etc.

You can't say you're taking care of your whole self just because you ride your peloton everyday and take a bubble bath. That is not real self-care.

14.     +11   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Too many “self Care” gurus, professing the same thing. Blow up your marriage, put yourself before everything, everyone around you will see how much you are doing for you and they can see how it is good for them, too. Or some such BS. Imagine any child asking for homework help, Sorry, but mommy has to take her bath now and that will help you do it on your own. Or asking for a ride to a friend, sorry, riding my Peloton so I can get high fives from all my friends, you can wait, go watch TV. Mom, cam we go shopping for school clothes? I will be at the mall later and will be buying some new stuff, you can wear what is in your closet, mommy has to have all the new things. And so on.

15.     +36   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    And here’s what Jen is discovering -

Most of her fans can relate to (or, at least, WANT to relate to) or are envious of the bubbly, wannabe organizing guru & seemingly naive housewife who had a seemingly decent & doting husband & a nice house w/ a hodgepodge of both regular & seasonal decor & who went about her day rearranging bins, showing off her hauls, & preparing for the next family event. Occasionally, she shared too much or got a bit scold-y, but it was all good because the next day she & her husband were off on a Day-ate & trying to eat every single donut in Chicago. There was a full house w/ family & food & things to do & places to go. It was a life, & many people were probably envious of it.

But most of her fans CANNOT relate to (& don’t want to relate to) & are NOT envious of this new Jen & her new empty life.

No one relates to (or will admit to relating to) the selfish attitude she portrays as a mother, &, in fact, most are very put off by it.

Most moms don’t put self-care above their children. When it comes to a pricey drone or a nice new play set for the kids in the back yard, most moms are going to choose the play set. Most moms can’t relate to waiting until the kids go to bed to have ‘s’mores over the fire.

Most parents don’t relate to the complete non-interest she has in anything child-related.

And I would guess that people in the age range of most of Jen’s fans cannot relate to & are not envious of this new “share with wonder” persona.

No one relates to buying a flipped $800k house & then not bothering to decorate & furnish it.

No one relates to spending their days doing nothing but riding a bike & taking gentle walks by a lake.

Conversely, the young, sexy 20 something vanlifers don’t relate to a late 30s woman w/ joint custody of 2 young kids, a senior dog resembling a mop, & an $800k empty gray & white house & who, instead of vlogging real adventures, takes regular walks around the same lake showing the same flowers & trees every day & occasionally does yoga inside a rented van in an empty, brown campground.

She’s lost her former audience & doesn’t have enough of whatever/whoever she’s currently trying to be to gain a new audience.

Edited by SmoothiesLikeLily - 5/10/2021, 07:14 PM

883 replies since 10/5/2021, 14:23   128536 views