Tara Henderson: Typically Blush, oils are us, and the nanny is a must!

« Older   Newer »

1. byosnark
        +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (pinkumbrella @ 11/24/2021, 07:16 AM) 
    QUOTE (Cleanmachine @ 24/11/2021, 05:49) 
    When the Henderson’s went to visit the Williams “ranch” and Adam was carrying baby Grayson into the house, it stood out to me that Grayson was stiff as a board, like a little tiny Superman, rather than just relaxing in his daddy’s arms. This was a red flag to me. I hope Tara can figure out her feelings…

funny you say that, i watched a night time routine last night, from when grayson was a newborn. she was dressing him in their room and he was really stiff and shivering and doing this odd movement with his arms up and down. never seen a baby do that before. she quickly added that baylee and shay were the exact same way. but it struck me as odd. he definitely didn’t seem like a happy, cuddly baby.

QUOTE (byosnark @ 24/11/2021, 07:11) 
    QUOTE (TruthHurts @ 11/24/2021, 05:03 AM) 
    I know people are going to come for me, but I feel bad for her. All I saw in her eyes in her stories today was sadness. I think she *knows everybody already knows his diagnosis, but she's still trying to hide it. It looks like she will get him the help he needs.

I haven't watched Tara in many, many months? Has it been confirmed or are people speculating he has a diagnosis based on his lack of speech?

I have a son with ASD and one without. The one without ASD was a late talker and is totally NT with zero signs of autism. There is a lot more involved with diagnosing Autism than just lack of speech at 2.5 years of age. FWIW, my son who has ASD was an early talker, clearly understood, with good receptive language. He had very poor expressive language and other stereotypy.

Boys in particular do a lot of "spectrumy" type of things, but do not have autism. I'd say hand flapping, toe walking, self harming behaviors, lack of imaginative play, finger posturing, repetitive behaviors, etc. Are much larger signs of ASD than lack of speech at 2 years old imo.

I think it's fine for her to share his diagnosis (if he has one) in her own timing if she wants to. After all, it's his story to share if he chooses to. The last thing anyone should do is to make her feel guilty about her grief.

does your son have aspergers? he sounds just like mine, no delays or late talking, hit all milestones on time. it was the same thing for us, the social aspect, that started giving red flags. he was formally diagnosed in july this year. i know the term aspergers is no longer used but that’s what our psych and paed told us it was.

My son was diagnosed with Level 1, but sadly, I think his autism is more severe than what would be or would have been considered as Aspergers. He does have some delays. He gets OT, PT, and ST. We did ABA until shortly after he started kindergarten. He's in a mainstream classroom, has no intellectual disabilities, he's very bright, but he has a lot of struggles.

He did develop normally with the exception of walking. He walked shortly after his first birthday, but the way he progressed to walking was weird.

The big red flag was his misuse of pronouns.

I feel like my son might have a chromosomal disorder. We just got approved for chromosomal testing, so we will see.

1625 replies since 5/6/2021, 23:49   397011 views