Tara Henderson: Typically Blush, oils are us, and the nanny is a must!

« Older   Newer »

1. Karen Walker
        +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (byosnark @ 25/11/2021, 03:41) 
    QUOTE (pinkumbrella @ 11/24/2021, 07:16 AM) 
    does your son have aspergers? he sounds just like mine, no delays or late talking, hit all milestones on time. it was the same thing for us, the social aspect, that started giving red flags. he was formally diagnosed in july this year. i know the term aspergers is no longer used but that’s what our psych and paed told us it was.

My son was diagnosed with Level 1, but sadly, I think his autism is more severe than what would be or would have been considered as Aspergers. He does have some delays. He gets OT, PT, and ST. We did ABA until shortly after he started kindergarten. He's in a mainstream classroom, has no intellectual disabilities, he's very bright, but he has a lot of struggles.

He did develop normally with the exception of walking. He walked shortly after his first birthday, but the way he progressed to walking was weird.

The big red flag was his misuse of pronouns.

I feel like my son might have a chromosomal disorder. We just got approved for chromosomal testing, so we will see.

Good luck with the chromosomal testing. I'm going through the asd diagnostic process with my 20 month old right now. She had multiple indicators on a screen recently and we just ruled out hearing loss today. The girl has perfect hearing, she just doesn't respond to her name or she doesn't say anything. She's never said mama. Now we're just waiting on the final piece, an evaluation by a developmental neurologist. There's a part of me that's really hoping that she's just the late talker. But then the special education teacher part of me who is just waiting for the doctor to say it.

1625 replies since 5/6/2021, 23:49   397008 views