Tara Henderson: Typically Blush, oils are us, and the nanny is a must!

« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I know people are going to come for me, but I feel bad for her. All I saw in her eyes in her stories today was sadness. I think she *knows everybody already knows his diagnosis, but she's still trying to hide it. It looks like she will get him the help he needs.

2.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    When the Henderson’s went to visit the Williams “ranch” and Adam was carrying baby Grayson into the house, it stood out to me that Grayson was stiff as a board, like a little tiny Superman, rather than just relaxing in his daddy’s arms. This was a red flag to me. I hope Tara can figure out her feelings…

3.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TruthHurts @ 11/24/2021, 05:03 AM) 
    I know people are going to come for me, but I feel bad for her. All I saw in her eyes in her stories today was sadness. I think she *knows everybody already knows his diagnosis, but she's still trying to hide it. It looks like she will get him the help he needs.

I haven't watched Tara in many, many months? Has it been confirmed or are people speculating he has a diagnosis based on his lack of speech?

I have a son with ASD and one without. The one without ASD was a late talker and is totally NT with zero signs of autism. There is a lot more involved with diagnosing Autism than just lack of speech at 2.5 years of age. FWIW, my son who has ASD was an early talker, clearly understood, with good receptive language. He had very poor expressive language and other stereotypy.

Boys in particular do a lot of "spectrumy" type of things, but do not have autism. I'd say hand flapping, toe walking, self harming behaviors, lack of imaginative play, finger posturing, repetitive behaviors, etc. Are much larger signs of ASD than lack of speech at 2 years old imo.

I think it's fine for her to share his diagnosis (if he has one) in her own timing if she wants to. After all, it's his story to share if he chooses to. The last thing anyone should do is to make her feel guilty about her grief.

4.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Cleanmachine @ 24/11/2021, 05:49) 
    When the Henderson’s went to visit the Williams “ranch” and Adam was carrying baby Grayson into the house, it stood out to me that Grayson was stiff as a board, like a little tiny Superman, rather than just relaxing in his daddy’s arms. This was a red flag to me. I hope Tara can figure out her feelings…

funny you say that, i watched a night time routine last night, from when grayson was a newborn. she was dressing him in their room and he was really stiff and shivering and doing this odd movement with his arms up and down. never seen a baby do that before. she quickly added that baylee and shay were the exact same way. but it struck me as odd. he definitely didn’t seem like a happy, cuddly baby.

QUOTE (byosnark @ 24/11/2021, 07:11) 
    QUOTE (TruthHurts @ 11/24/2021, 05:03 AM) 

I haven't watched Tara in many, many months? Has it been confirmed or are people speculating he has a diagnosis based on his lack of speech?

I have a son with ASD and one without. The one without ASD was a late talker and is totally NT with zero signs of autism. There is a lot more involved with diagnosing Autism than just lack of speech at 2.5 years of age. FWIW, my son who has ASD was an early talker, clearly understood, with good receptive language. He had very poor expressive language and other stereotypy.

Boys in particular do a lot of "spectrumy" type of things, but do not have autism. I'd say hand flapping, toe walking, self harming behaviors, lack of imaginative play, finger posturing, repetitive behaviors, etc. Are much larger signs of ASD than lack of speech at 2 years old imo.

I think it's fine for her to share his diagnosis (if he has one) in her own timing if she wants to. After all, it's his story to share if he chooses to. The last thing anyone should do is to make her feel guilty about her grief.

does your son have aspergers? he sounds just like mine, no delays or late talking, hit all milestones on time. it was the same thing for us, the social aspect, that started giving red flags. he was formally diagnosed in july this year. i know the term aspergers is no longer used but that’s what our psych and paed told us it was.

5.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Orgahnicpahleo @ 11/24/2021, 04:23 AM) 
    She's so full of it. If she really wanted to keep his diagnosis private then she shouldn't have said anything. Now she's hyped it all up and everyone is worried. She knows she could just say his diagnosis move on and not make content about it.

My first thought was okay, well isn't this your sign to STOP putting all of your kids on social media and YT then? She's between a rock and a hard place, where she knows that the right thing to do is just cancel herself and focus on her family, but then how will they make money if they don't do all the social media stuff?

I also hate how she has a double standard with her kids, where she won't show Grayson because of his 'diagnosis' but then shows the girls, including the baby potato who obviously cannot consent to being on camera. But also, while Baylee and Shay probably understand what YouTube is, and what being on camera means, there is no way they understand the gravity of how many people are literally watching them. Millions and millions of views. I wonder if Tara and Adam have to say things to them like "Okay if you go on camera today, that means we can buy you some new shiny toys, because this is how we make money!"

Looking forward to seeing if Dad Challenge Podcast has some thoughts on all this.

6.     +9   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Yeah I was eye rolling when she said it’s Grayson’s life and if he wants to share it someday that’s up to him, she has 3 other children who can’t consent either, but she must think they won’t mind because they don’t have “issues”. I can’t figure out if she’s truly struggling with the decision to share or just trying to gain followers.

I actually feel bad for her, I’m sure you do have to grieve and let go of certain things. Plus her bestie Aaryn is in the process of opening up a competing boutique that will absolutely hurt her income. What a shitty few weeks for Tara.

7. Orgahnicpahleo
        +7   Like  

User deleted

She's probably going back and forth because she had that Instagram meltdown about the kids never being in vlogs again. Well that lasted barely a month, and it looked so bad on her. She knows if she tells his diagnosis it may be hard for her to stop telling. Again, she didn't have to mention him or a diagnosis at all if she's is that concerned about his privacy. It's always when something doesn't go as planned they all want their privacy. Like blasting their kid's life from day one wasn't an invasion.

8.     +4   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    She only shares what perfect. She want the money from yt from selling her lifes but to share something real oh no way its none of the follower business. This whole sell yoour kid’s life should stop. No child should be allowed to be filmed and sold.
    But She cant stop they have no money then no mansion no nothing. She should spend way more time with the kids without the nanny.
    Btw she does not seem sad she seems bored and depressed from her life.

9.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    In their last house the kids bedrooms were all upstairs and there’s was downstairs I thought that was weird as hell
    [/QUOTE]

It’s actually super common nowadays. Our last 2 homes we built in Texas (2018 and 2021) - master was on the first floor. I couldn’t find a new build with a plan to have all the bedrooms on the second floor. Our current home has the master on the first floor and I love my kids more than anything :)

10.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    byosnark Yes, she confirmed that there is a diagnosis, but didn't specify what it is.

11.     +7   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She obviously shouldn't put Greyson's whole life on the internet but that's not because of his diagnosis. It's because he's a kid and that's unfair to him.

Her keeping only him hidden is acting like he has a problem which is awful.

12.     +13   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I think the "letting him share if he wants someday" thing is bullshit. youre only giving Grayson the "luxury" of making his own choice bc there is something about him that YOU want to HIDE. the girls do not get the same respect bc they work towards your perfect image and pay your bills. it has nothing to do with their privacy when you are only "giving privacy" to the child she sees as flawed.

13.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Skies @ 11/24/2021, 05:46 PM) 
    I think the "letting him share if he wants someday" thing is bullshit. youre only giving Grayson the "luxury" of making his own choice bc there is something about him that YOU want to HIDE. the girls do not get the same respect bc they work towards your perfect image and pay your bills. it has nothing to do with their privacy when you are only "giving privacy" to the child she sees as flawed.

I wasn't exactly waiting with baited breath to share my son's disorder with everyone. The diagnosis was a relief, but the discovery of the ASD was torture and I'm continually tortured when I try to advocate for him. I wouldn't wish what I experience and continue to experience on anyone.

I love my son and wouldn't change him, but I'd be lying if his diagnosis didn't cause me a tremendous amount of grief and worry.

I don't agree with serving your kids for online consumption.

14.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Tara Henderson: Trips on her mind, always leaving the kids behind

Tara Henderson: Trips galore! Kids are a bore!

15.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Looks like Youtuber Headlines made a video on it. She was naive to think people wouldn’t comment or speculate a diagnosis; she turned her comments off. It will be interesting to see what path Tara chooses. I wonder if there were not channels like Youtuber Headlines or DCP if she would even think twice about sharing; they are the accountability police.

1625 replies since 5/6/2021, 23:49   397008 views