Tara Henderson: Typically Blush, oils are us, and the nanny is a must!

« Older   Newer »

1.     +13   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    She could stand to make a lot of money from sharing Grayson and his diagnosis. On the other hand, she risks being cancelled for sharing his personal story, especially if it seems like she's doing it for money.

DCP tried to take down the Maas Family/Fathering Autism for oversharing the daily life of their autistic daughter for a profit, and Myka Stauffer was criticized for sharing all of her adopted son's personal moments and challenges for a profit, too.

If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't share his diagnosis, nor would I document the journey they face. She doesn't need the money because she makes enough money from sponsors, views, swipe ups, links, Young Living, and TB already.

And even though she has a platform, it's not her job to educate or inform the public about (insert his diagnosis here.) This is something I think they should keep to themselves and handle as a family. Not everything needs to be shared with their audience.

2.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CopperBoom @ 24/11/2021, 21:44) 
    She could stand to make a lot of money from sharing Grayson and his diagnosis. On the other hand, she risks being cancelled for sharing his personal story, especially if it seems like she's doing it for money.

DCP tried to take down the Maas Family/Fathering Autism for oversharing the daily life of their autistic daughter for a profit, and Myka Stauffer was criticized for sharing all of her adopted son's personal moments and challenges for a profit, too.

If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't share his diagnosis, nor would I document the journey they face. She doesn't need the money because she makes enough money from sponsors, views, swipe ups, links, Young Living, and TB already.

And even though she has a platform, it's not her job to educate or inform the public about (insert his diagnosis here.) This is something I think they should keep to themselves and handle as a family. Not everything needs to be shared with their audience.

I agree 100%. There isn’t an upside for her to do it.

3. Orgahnicpahleo
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Busy Bee Like Jen @ 24/11/2021, 21:31) 
    Looks like Youtuber Headlines made a video on it. She was naive to think people wouldn’t comment or speculate a diagnosis; she turned her comments off. It will be interesting to see what path Tara chooses. I wonder if there were not channels like Youtuber Headlines or DCP if she would even think twice about sharing; they are the accountability police.

Yeah, Josh would tear her apart if she made content out of his diagnosis. Have a feeling she will make a brief video or story saying what it is and that will be it.

4.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status

also totally agree. in my opinion she should just say nothing and keen it private. everyone understands the need for some privacy and she owes people nothing. why would she feel the need to explain it or justify it? just make one announcement that you’ll be keeping grayson’s journey private and leave it at that. there’s nothing more to say about it, it’s their private business. and if people wish to speculate or gossip, let them. she doesn’t need to try and smooth things over. if she makes money off this then that’s gross. she already clearly makes enough with all her other ventures, please don’t turn your son and his medical business into a money maker.

ps how long has this grayson stuff been building up? like i’ve basically jumped in at the point where she received the diagnosis, has she been saying much about grayson leading up to this? like was she telling us about the testing/assessment stuff??

5.     +4   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Can i just say how great she looks without those fuking stupid fake eyelashes. She looks years younger and so much better.

6. Orgahnicpahleo
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (pinkumbrella @ 24/11/2021, 23:56) 

also totally agree. in my opinion she should just say nothing and keen it private. everyone understands the need for some privacy and she owes people nothing. why would she feel the need to explain it or justify it? just make one announcement that you’ll be keeping grayson’s journey private and leave it at that. there’s nothing more to say about it, it’s their private business. and if people wish to speculate or gossip, let them. she doesn’t need to try and smooth things over. if she makes money off this then that’s gross. she already clearly makes enough with all her other ventures, please don’t turn your son and his medical business into a money maker.

ps how long has this grayson stuff been building up? like i’ve basically jumped in at the point where she received the diagnosis, has she been saying much about grayson leading up to this? like was she telling us about the testing/assessment stuff??

She hasn't built anything up, so there wasn't a need to address. Now many people in her comments are confused and worried. Occasionally in comments she's said he's very chill, or all her kids were late talkers, but that's the extent of it.

7.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    And this is why all these influencers should keep their kids out of their social media life. They use them for views (money) and then they get on camera crying cause they don’t know to address what’s going on with them. Just don’t. And stop showing your kids online. Simple as that.

8.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Orgahnicpahleo @ 25/11/2021, 00:46) 
    QUOTE (pinkumbrella @ 24/11/2021, 23:56) 

She hasn't built anything up, so there wasn't a need to address. Now many people in her comments are confused and worried. Occasionally in comments she's said he's very chill, or all her kids were late talkers, but that's the extent of it.

oh. how odd then. i assumed they’d been talking about getting him assessed and then this was the conclusion which she’s shared. so weird she would just say bang, we have a diagnosis, when there’s been no lead up to this point.

9.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (pinkumbrella @ 11/24/2021, 07:16 AM) 
    QUOTE (Cleanmachine @ 24/11/2021, 05:49) 
    When the Henderson’s went to visit the Williams “ranch” and Adam was carrying baby Grayson into the house, it stood out to me that Grayson was stiff as a board, like a little tiny Superman, rather than just relaxing in his daddy’s arms. This was a red flag to me. I hope Tara can figure out her feelings…

funny you say that, i watched a night time routine last night, from when grayson was a newborn. she was dressing him in their room and he was really stiff and shivering and doing this odd movement with his arms up and down. never seen a baby do that before. she quickly added that baylee and shay were the exact same way. but it struck me as odd. he definitely didn’t seem like a happy, cuddly baby.

QUOTE (byosnark @ 24/11/2021, 07:11) 
    QUOTE (TruthHurts @ 11/24/2021, 05:03 AM) 
    I know people are going to come for me, but I feel bad for her. All I saw in her eyes in her stories today was sadness. I think she *knows everybody already knows his diagnosis, but she's still trying to hide it. It looks like she will get him the help he needs.

I haven't watched Tara in many, many months? Has it been confirmed or are people speculating he has a diagnosis based on his lack of speech?

I have a son with ASD and one without. The one without ASD was a late talker and is totally NT with zero signs of autism. There is a lot more involved with diagnosing Autism than just lack of speech at 2.5 years of age. FWIW, my son who has ASD was an early talker, clearly understood, with good receptive language. He had very poor expressive language and other stereotypy.

Boys in particular do a lot of "spectrumy" type of things, but do not have autism. I'd say hand flapping, toe walking, self harming behaviors, lack of imaginative play, finger posturing, repetitive behaviors, etc. Are much larger signs of ASD than lack of speech at 2 years old imo.

I think it's fine for her to share his diagnosis (if he has one) in her own timing if she wants to. After all, it's his story to share if he chooses to. The last thing anyone should do is to make her feel guilty about her grief.

does your son have aspergers? he sounds just like mine, no delays or late talking, hit all milestones on time. it was the same thing for us, the social aspect, that started giving red flags. he was formally diagnosed in july this year. i know the term aspergers is no longer used but that’s what our psych and paed told us it was.

My son was diagnosed with Level 1, but sadly, I think his autism is more severe than what would be or would have been considered as Aspergers. He does have some delays. He gets OT, PT, and ST. We did ABA until shortly after he started kindergarten. He's in a mainstream classroom, has no intellectual disabilities, he's very bright, but he has a lot of struggles.

He did develop normally with the exception of walking. He walked shortly after his first birthday, but the way he progressed to walking was weird.

The big red flag was his misuse of pronouns.

I feel like my son might have a chromosomal disorder. We just got approved for chromosomal testing, so we will see.

10.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (byosnark @ 25/11/2021, 03:41) 
    does your son have aspergers? he sounds just like mine, no delays or late talking, hit all milestones on time. it was the same thing for us, the social aspect, that started giving red flags. he was formally diagnosed in july this year. i know the term aspergers is no longer used but that’s what our psych and paed told us it was.

My son was diagnosed with Level 1, but sadly, I think his autism is more severe than what would be or would have been considered as Aspergers. He does have some delays. He gets OT, PT, and ST. We did ABA until shortly after he started kindergarten. He's in a mainstream classroom, has no intellectual disabilities, he's very bright, but he has a lot of struggles.

He did develop normally with the exception of walking. He walked shortly after his first birthday, but the way he progressed to walking was weird.

I feel like my son might have a chromosomal disorder. We just got approved for chromosomal testing, so we will see.

Good luck with the chromosomal testing. I'm going through the asd diagnostic process with my 20 month old right now. She had multiple indicators on a screen recently and we just ruled out hearing loss today. The girl has perfect hearing, she just doesn't respond to her name or she doesn't say anything. She's never said mama. Now we're just waiting on the final piece, an evaluation by a developmental neurologist. There's a part of me that's really hoping that she's just the late talker. But then the special education teacher part of me who is just waiting for the doctor to say it.

11.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    The only place I’ve seen statements or questions about Grayson are gossip sites like this one. It honestly never crossed my mind that we hadn’t heard him speak until I saw it mentioned here, so I’m sure a lot of her followers are confused, the only place I think it was building up was here. She did a good job of hiding it and showing glimpses of him playing that most people probably wouldn’t even think twice about it until it’s pointed out, like she’s doing now. It’s been clear something is off with her though, she’s been more monotone and seems sad on her stories, and she’s not posting as much.

12.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    She's mentioned a few times that he's in speech. It's been months now.

13.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    She is not even showing her face on her videos? She mentioned that the phone on her face on TB is her insecurity. She only showed her face one time on the xmas video and the rest of it, her face is cropped at all times and her phone covering her face. I dont think she did it that much on other videos.

14.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status

not to derail the snark into an asd parents conversation, but how did he misuse pronouns? my kid refers to himself by his first name, not i. our paed said that can be a flag.

our paed wrote us a referral for chromosomal testing but we haven’t done it yet. combination of lockdowns and having no time plus he panics at the idea of needles and screamed blue murder when we took him for his 4 year old shots. so yeah it hasn’t happened yet. but i would be interested to see if anything comes up. we did nipt when i was pregnant with him but that only tested for a few chromosomal things plus downs, all of which came back fine.

do you or your partner have asd or does it run in your families? nobody diagnosed in either of ours but that doesn’t mean anything, i’m sure he’s got it from one or both of us.

our child was diagnosed as level 2, but they do that here (i’m in australia) so you can acces government funding for therapies. the paed said he’s probably more like level 1 but they give you 2 so you can access the funding. mine currently does OT and speech therapy once a fortnight each. he starts school next year so we are trying to prepare him as best we can. i’m worried about his
    ability to focus as he comes across as not listening (his working memory and fluid reasoning came up as quite low in his cognitive assessment), otherwise his intelligence is normal for his age.

QUOTE (Karen Walker @ 25/11/2021, 05:34) 

Good luck with the chromosomal testing. I'm going through the asd diagnostic process with my 20 month old right now. She had multiple indicators on a screen recently and we just ruled out hearing loss today. The girl has perfect hearing, she just doesn't respond to her name or she doesn't say anything. She's never said mama. Now we're just waiting on the final piece, an evaluation by a developmental neurologist. There's a part of me that's really hoping that she's just the late talker. But then the special education teacher part of me who is just waiting for the doctor to say it.

hugs, you’re in the hardest bit, neither here nor there and waiting for news. even when you get told the news, it’s almost a relief because finally you know what you’re dealing with and have answers for things that have been hard to explain otherwise. wishing for the best outcome for you and your daughter x

15.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    i had a look at the TB website, her merch is very pedestrian and generic. do her and adam design each piece themselves? or do they buy off a wholesaler and just brand it and sell it? it all looks quite cheap and nasty tbh.

1625 replies since 5/6/2021, 23:49   396475 views