JenRoss Rewatch -Part 8: HerPriorLifeOfFakeryStillEntertainsTheBakeryLikeJen

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Trash Plate @ 8/7/2021, 12:58 PM) 
    Don bought her a house. Why doesn't she plant a beautiful garden now? LOSER

Her kids could enjoy it. Must not happen.

2.     +11   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Yup. Every single thing she showed in that garden could be planted here. They are all perennials too so very little maintenance after they are established. Just Fall and Spring cleanup that could be easily hired out to her lawn service if Pwincess didn’t want to get her hands dirty.

The change in her peppy Lets Do It!! attitude before kids to miserable mope afterwards is astounding to me.

Lastly, this would have been Grace’s first trip to Utah (about 3 months old). I wish we had the vlog where she builds all the nursery furniture in the family room and then can’t get it through the door. That.was.epic (word of the week, eh Jen?). Also, for everything Jen did to help Emily out here, Emily was an ungrateful brat about it.

3.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 8/7/2021, 12:57 PM) 
    The change in her peppy Lets Do It!! attitude before kids to miserable mope afterwards is astounding to me.

I wonder (gah...I'm self-conscious about using that word now!) if what you're looking at is medicated vs unmedicated?

4.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 8/7/2021, 07:57 PM) 
    Also, for everything Jen did to help Emily out here, Emily was an ungrateful brat about it.

Emily might have been excited to do it herself and not have Jen "helping" (interloping and opening all of her packages)... I would not want Jen's grubby little weird thumbs all over my things.

5.     +9   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Clueless @ 7/8/2021, 19:59) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 8/7/2021, 12:57 PM) 

I wonder (gah...I'm self-conscious about using that word now!) if what you're looking at is medicated vs unmedicated?

She’s always been antimedicine, even back then.

The difference is being carefree. No job. A hobby she really enjoyed. Don doted on her and believed everything she said.

I think this was the year his biological clock started ticking. And this was the year she got real, up close experience with a baby for more than a weekend with her brother and she started to realize how much it would impact her life.

I am beyond bummed that we lose almost all her vlogs going forward. By this time in 2014, their dynamic is noticeably different and I was looking forward to watching it deteriorate.

QUOTE (Trash Plate @ 7/8/2021, 20:10) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 8/7/2021, 07:57 PM) 
    Also, for everything Jen did to help Emily out here, Emily was an ungrateful brat about it.

Emily might have been excited to do it herself and not have Jen "helping" (interloping and opening all of her packages)... I would not want Jen's grubby little weird thumbs all over my things.

They needed the furniture built before they got there. Ditto for the blankets being washed etc.

Emily asked her to do all that (you saw that list). But when Jen walked her through all of it, Emily was very disinterested. If I would have spent 12 hours assembling furniture I would expect some damn gratitude. Princess Emily didn’t seem to have any concept of what a big task that was.

6.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    I’d watched and discussed the majority of her old vlogs in real time (and re-watched many times!). So while I wasn’t really keeping up with the current re-watch, I was eagerly waiting till you all got to her pregnancy/post Charlotte vlogs. I’ve mostly watched those once so was really looking forward to revisiting them in light of how things turned out. Beyond bummed she took those down.

7.     +4   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I remember Don buying her a LOT of pretties in 2014. We would have really enjoyed picking those vlogs apart.

8.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Same. And she really started to let the snark come out towards him in 2014. At first I thought it was pregnancy stress but in retrospect I think it was pregnancy pressure. Her stalling tactics weren’t working and he wanted (and ultimately got) medical intervention. She dragged her feet sooooooooooooooo long to finally make that appointment.

QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 7/8/2021, 20:25) 
    I’d watched and discussed the majority of her old vlogs in real time (and re-watched many times!). So while I wasn’t really keeping up with the current re-watch, I was eagerly waiting till you all got to her pregnancy/post Charlotte vlogs. I’ve mostly watched those once so was really looking forward to revisiting them in light of how things turned out. Beyond bummed she took those down.

All of those are still there. If she originally uploaded to PNL, she hasn’t taken them down. It’s just the MHWL that are gone (2014 and earlier). After we finish these last few saved ones, we’ll have to start tackling those.

9.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Oh right, of course! Great - I’m looking forward to rewatching those :rubbing-hands-in-excitement-smi

But yes, ideally we would have had 2014 as well. It was the beginning of the end.

10.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    She literally wanders Target and throws things in her cart. Such a caged life she led. :29:

11.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (The Wookie @ 7/8/2021, 20:53) 
    She literally wanders Target and throws things in her cart. Such a caged life she led. :29:

Right? I couldn’t resist these little Lindt chocolate bars. I don’t even go in the candy aisle at Target just to look.

12.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 8/7/2021, 01:16 PM) 
    Emily asked her to do all that (you saw that list). But when Jen walked her through all of it, Emily was very disinterested. If I would have spent 12 hours assembling furniture I would expect some damn gratitude. Princess Emily didn’t seem to have any concept of what a big task that was.

Speaking of this, I always wondered if Emily actually asked Jen to do it all. It seemed to me like Jen often volunteered herself to take on big Ross family projects as a way to make herself seem like an integral/important part of the family since she wasn't a "true Ross." I also think she did it so no one would question what the hell a late 20s/early 30s housewife with no job and no kids did all day besides spending money.

13.     +4   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 6/8/2021, 22:23) 
    QUOTE (Chef Elzar @ 5/8/2021, 19:29) 
    I guess when your parents are paying a fortune to send to you a uni with a prestigious name, you get a yearbook to show for it...

UMass Amherst is a very good state school and the flagship campus of the UMass system, but as it is a public university, it is not generally referred to as prestigious. In her first year there it was under $12000 per year (tuition, room, board & fees) for in-state students and just under $22000 for out of state students (such as Jen). NYU was a more “prestigious” school and as a private university was about twice the cost. At the time Jen was there it was in the high $30’s. So her parents probably saved a good $45,000-50,000 over the three years by Jen switching to UMass.

Money down the drain

14.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BrooklynMarie @ 7/8/2021, 21:51) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 8/7/2021, 01:16 PM) 

Speaking of this, I always wondered if Emily actually asked Jen to do it all. It seemed to me like Jen often volunteered herself to take on big Ross family projects as a way to make herself seem like an integral/important part of the family since she wasn't a "true Ross." I also think she did it so no one would question what the hell a late 20s/early 30s housewife with no job and no kids did all day besides spending money.

I’m sure she volunteered to do it. She loved to go to Utah early to do things. Today’s Rewatch is August 7 and yet they are the only ones there.

Nonetheless, it was a big task and it deserved proper gratitude. All they had to do was walk in the door and immediately put a sleeping baby in an already assembled crib in freshly washed linens. Or they could have done it themselves after a long flight. (It’s true, I am not an Emily fan.)

15.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    How do we know Emily did not show her gratitude? It was the Jen Ross show. We only got to see what she wanted us to see. We did get to see dear friend Suze oooh and ahhh over it.

927 replies since 12/6/2021, 03:16   72444 views