« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Honestly, in the case of pregnancy I believe her. Since it’s long been suspected that she has a problem, I can only imagine what a trigger that would have been for her.

2.     +8   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 8/16/2021, 08:12 AM) 
    Honestly, in the case of pregnancy I believe her. Since it’s long been suspected that she has a problem, I can only imagine what a trigger that would have been for her.

I've never heard anyone talk about it in the way that she did. Like it was a badge of honor to avoid it? I had hyperemesis gravidarum with all my pregnancies...there is no way to nope out of it, you just have to endure it. Just ask Kate Middleton! Who gave Jen these impossible standards to live up to?

3.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Clueless @ 16/8/2021, 17:36) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 8/16/2021, 08:12 AM) 

I've never heard anyone talk about it in the way that she did. Like it was a badge of honor to avoid it? I had hyperemesis gravidarum with all my pregnancies...there is no way to nope out of it, you just have to endure it. Just ask Kate Middleton! Who gave Jen these impossible standards to live up to?

It’s anxiety related. I have GAD, and a special little phobia, called emetophobia. Basically, it makes you terrified of vomiting. Emetophobes actually do exert greater control over their urge to vomit. I suspect it’s anxiety related with Jen.

Now, with Hyperemesis, everyone is S.O.L. there, but that’s a different beast.

4.     +13   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think she's terrified of feeling out of control of her body, which is what happens when we vomit. She's an extreme control freak fueled by anxiety. Pregnancy scared her to death because she couldn't control her body, weight, symptoms, etc. The second experience puts a golden glow over Donny & his entire life because she knew what to expect.

5.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 8/16/2021, 11:08 AM) 
    I think she's terrified of feeling out of control of her body, which is what happens when we vomit. She's an extreme control freak fueled by anxiety. Pregnancy scared her to death because she couldn't control her body, weight, symptoms, etc. The second experience puts a golden glow over Donny & his entire life because she knew what to expect.

I think you're spot on, sadly. We all have our own issues to deal with, but I just cannot imagine what it is like living inside of her brain. I get exhausted just thinking of it!

And yes, pregnancy and motherhood really do show one that there is precious little we can control.You can try to sweep all the dirty laundry under the rug or into the closet or wherever, but when kids learn to talk....say good-bye to your house of cards.

6.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Absolutely, parenting throws her for a complete loop because she can't control every little thing about her children, including their emotions and needs.

I guess you should've just tried harder to be opposed to barfing, Clueless ;P

7.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 8/16/2021, 11:32 AM) 
    Absolutely, parenting throws her for a complete loop because she can't control every little thing about her children, including their emotions and needs.

I guess you should've just tried harder to be opposed to barfing, Clueless ;P

LOL. I remember sitting in the nurse's conference room, where we were trapped for 30 minutes each change of shift to give report. Between the second hand cigarette smoke and the smell of the coffee, I rarely made it through the 30 minutes!

Guess I wasn't a dedicated enough nurse! :)

8.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 8/16/2021, 06:08 PM) 

It's 100% related to control. I've learned a lot about myself with CBT.

It SUCKS, but it's helped.

I wish she would do the hard work, not just have a quack on call to reassure her that the sun shines out her asshole.

9.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (zizizouzou @ 15/8/2021, 21:29) 
    QUOTE (Narcissism101 @ 15/8/2021, 21:07) 
    BackWhenJenHadALifeAndTensWasntDonsWife

I vote for this! Absolutely perfect for a Jen rewatch thread title!

I second that!

10.     +8   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I honestly think it’s amazing how she remembers every little thing when it comes to her, but with things that are about Charlotte, she can’t remember.

She couldn’t remember her due date or when she started to feel her kick. But she remembered when her baby bump was noticeable.

11.     +13   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    TMI alert. I remember one day with morning sickness suppressing the urge to vomit all day (I shared an office with a man) so I tried to keep it classy and discrete. Only to puke in the gutter in front of the entire bus load of people on my evening bus home. Ugh. Jen didn't have to slog through full weeks of work feeling ill. You barely have time for anxiety while trying to get through the workday like that.

12.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (DisneyPrincess @ 17/8/2021, 00:42) 
    TMI alert. I remember one day with morning sickness suppressing the urge to vomit all day (I shared an office with a man) so I tried to keep it classy and discrete. Only to puke in the gutter in front of the entire bus load of people on my evening bus home. Ugh. Jen didn't have to slog through full weeks of work feeling ill. You barely have time for anxiety while trying to get through the workday like that.

I think you make an interesting point about Jen-would she have time for so many…quirks…if she had to function like the rest of the world? I doubt it.

Work is great-it rounds you out as a person, gives a sense of accomplishment and achievement & helps connect you to others.

13.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    New thread-

https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?t=62230534

927 replies since 12/6/2021, 03:16   72440 views