Spotted: D&TWatchingTheCubsWhileJenLosesSubs Pt. 256

« Older   Newer »

1. deltaburkefan
        +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 6/17/2021, 01:14 AM) 
    QUOTE (Ella Says @ 17/6/2021, 00:26) 
    Why was it a disaster? İt could be so much fun, ready-made siblings is my idea of a great thing.

A family member got married for the second time, second marriages for both of them. The children were 5, 6 & 7 (5&7 biologically related) when they married. It was very difficult for them to assimilate as a family at first, especially since at the time of the marriage, all of the children were living primarily with their other families. It was hard to watch. They all were in counseling from the beginning. The kids noticed favoritism among them and their respective parents. Fast forward to the preteen/early teen years and only the oldest lives with them now. The other two took dramatic measures to live with their other parents/grandparent. Blended families sometimes work but more often, there are issues and it’s very hard on everyone. I hope things work well for Don & T once the honeymoon phase is over.

Yeah, I think some are assuming it will work out great because the kids are around the same age. I'm 35 and there are still issues with my blended family's dynamic, although I don't have stepsiblings, just half siblings.

892 replies since 14/6/2021, 16:30   108013 views