Spotted: D&TWatchingTheCubsWhileJenLosesSubs Pt. 256

« Older   Newer »

1. Narcissism101
        +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    QUOTE (FakingIt_MakingIt @ 16/6/2021, 17:23) 
    If Jen could be honest about her parenting struggles, the divorce, adjusting to a smaller budget… she would get sympathy.
    But everything has to be perfect and she has to come off as far superior so she’s hiding because at the moment, even Jen, can’t find a way to spin her miserable life into a “better then you” situation. As soon as she can, she will be back.

You’re absolutely right, but that doesn’t work for Jen. If she did videos where she was open and honest about, say, how difficult she finds motherhood, she’d get sympathy for sure, but she’d also get a lot of people telling her “what worked for me is….” and “it’s much easier if you….” In essence they’d be telling Jen how to do it better which implies she was 1. doing it wrong, and Jen CAN NOT BE WRONG, and 2. That she wasn’t smart enough to figure it out on her own. And Jen wouldn’t feel superior then if other people had to give her all answers. It would require her to be open, honest and vulnerable in a way that’s impossible for a narcissist.

892 replies since 14/6/2021, 16:30   108013 views