« Older   Newer »

1. SeeminglySweetLikeJen
        +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CakeLover @ 22/7/2021, 16:24) 
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 22/7/2021, 16:03) 
    This is what we have! We have added a washer/dryer and also a dishwasher. We are in the process of making some more extreme modifications to suit our needs and my design aesthetic. But we’ve had it for almost 2 years now and love it!

www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/202...oorplans/377mbs

We pull it with a Ram 3500 diesel dually that we purchased new last year. It’s a pretty big rig but our truck handles it well.

Jesus Christ those things now have kitchen islands !! I’m curious you said you live there full-time. But other people out there that buy these things just for fun and use these rarely? I’m not gonna ask how much yours cost but I know these things can cost about the same as a small home. I’m also curious do you have to have full hook up to take full advantage of everything? Or could you go for a week in the middle of nowhere and still be able to use everything? I’m also curious do you guys usually stay put for a longer period of time at certain campgrounds? It’s really crazy how luxurious these things have become

We bought it used, it was about 10 months old and we paid $75k, it retails for around $125k. The truck on the other hand was $88k but we got it for $78k because it was at the end of the model year.

We are fully equipped with a generator and massive batteries, propane/electric fridge/freezer, so we can go about 10 days in the middle of nowhere without full hookups. But my husband needs internet to work, we have a pretty complex system with two cellular cards and a router, it runs is about $275 a month just for internet, but we have to have it.

We often overnight in parking lots (museums, fairgrounds, wineries, farms) or places without hookups, when we are trying to get from point A to point B and want to stop driving for the day. When we first started, we moved every week or less. Some weeks, we moved 3 times in a week! We are now back in Oregon, where we are from, and are staying for 3 months while we house/land hunt. It’s much more affordable to stay in one spot for a month but we get bored. We will be headed to the Gulf Coast of Texas to “winter” and then will be making our way back in the Spring to resume the house hunt.

894 replies since 17/7/2021, 02:24   99331 views