« Older   Newer »

1. SeeminglySweetLikeJen
        +15   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 22/7/2021, 16:52) 
    That sounds awesome! You guys are making great memories for sure.

Thanks! It’s been a fun detour from the standard rat race. But unlike Jen, I feel compelled to go back to work. I fully accept that I’m not SAHM material. So I am excited to settle down again. Because of my husbands job, we can still take extended vacations even once our daughter is in school. We haven’t seen much of California and plan to do an Alaska trip in the fifth wheel once she’s a bit older!

QUOTE (Good Ol’ Suze @ 22/7/2021, 16:57) 
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 7/22/2021, 07:48 AM) 
    We bought it used, it was about 10 months old and we paid $75k, it retails for around $125k. The truck on the other hand was $88k but we got it for $78k because it was at the end of the model year.

We are fully equipped with a generator and massive batteries, propane/electric fridge/freezer, so we can go about 10 days in the middle of nowhere without full hookups. But my husband needs internet to work, we have a pretty complex system with two cellular cards and a router, it runs is about $275 a month just for internet, but we have to have it.

We often overnight in parking lots (museums, fairgrounds, wineries, farms) or places without hookups, when we are trying to get from point A to point B and want to stop driving for the day. When we first started, we moved every week or less. Some weeks, we moved 3 times in a week! We are now back in Oregon, where we are from, and are staying for 3 months while we house/land hunt. It’s much more affordable to stay in one spot for a month but we get bored. We will be headed to the Gulf Coast of Texas to “winter” and then will be making our way back in the Spring to resume the house hunt.

I really enjoy that you have shared snippets of your full timing adventure.

May I suggest that tonight you leave the comfort of your fifth-wheel, scatter some crumbs throughout your truck, and curl up on the floor to ‘sleep’.

If you aren’t doing this magical, magical thing, I don’t know what you are doing with your life.

Chin dancing under the glow of moon optional.

Our truck is a disaster, sort of looks like we live in it… oh wait, it pulls our home! It’s like a messy garage. I do escape to the truck sometimes to enjoy my solitude alone (like Jen?)

This was a simple but “magical” place. This was Mother’s Day morning, we were drinking coffee with a herd of bison just below us, our rig was parked here on this lawn at a museum in Utah. Definitely a memory I will treasure.
    SPOILER (click to view)
    8A3FF9CC-6858-4872-A1A9-D95C94908C40

894 replies since 17/7/2021, 02:24   99330 views