« Older   Newer »

1. SmoothiesLikeLily
        +20   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    My thoughts -

* As everyone else has already mentioned, the 1st part sounds like she’s trying to audition to be the next Samantha Brown or something… Unlike Samantha Brown, the infomercial thing just doesn’t work for Jen though.

* When she gave the “tour,” she kept going on & on & on about how beautiful & magical & curated everything was & how she just loved everything & all the “day-cor” - well, if she spent any time & money at all on her OWN home, she could have the same thing at HOME… if she likes that look so much, I just don’t understand why she can’t put a little time, money, & effort into making her OWN home (the places where she actually LIVES) into some place where she feels cozy & welcomed instead of the big, gray emptiness it is now.

* Also, enough w/ the word “magical,” Jennifer! Not everything is magical. And, like the dude in “The Incredibles” says, if everything is magical, then, eventually, nothing is magical.

* She also said that the place felt “kind,” & she’s never felt like any place before has ever felt “kind” which, I found, to be very sad. Her homes - the place where she once lived w/ her husband & the place where she now lives w/ her children - have never felt “kind” to her? Well, that’s your own fault, isn’t it, Jen?

* That song!!! I don’t care what she says… she can’t just pick the sound for the music w/o hearing the lyrics. And she has to realize what those lyrics are going to say to her audience. There are a million other songs out there w/ the same kind of musical sound w/o the same sad, lonely lyrics.

Jen: I’m going to choose a song w/ sad, lonely lyrics simply because I like the music.

Also Jen: I miss NO man.

Sorry, Jennifer. It doesn’t work that way. No one believes you.

* And, speaking of missing no man, I’m sure that kind of place could be restorative for a introverted soul… alone in a treehouse in the woods. However, even as an introvert, I couldn’t help but think the whole time that I’d want to be there w/ my husband & would miss him terribly if he weren’t there & what a nice little time we could have together in a treehouse. The place looks to be kind of designed w/ a couple in mind - the king sized bed, the double shower heads…

Her s’mores for one over the fire was just lonely & made me thankful for my husband - who, from the very beginning of our relationship, has always been the one to build our fires & has always roasted marshmallows for me… if I’m sitting outside at night around a campfire in the woods, I want my husband to be there.

* So, regarding the above, I had decided that I was going to look into the place for a little weekend getaway for my husband & me… but, then, when she said there was no cell service, I quickly changed my mind. We have kids, & I would never want to be completely out of touch from them. Well, Jen has kids too!! And I can’t believe she’s comfortable & okay w/ her 2 young children not being able to reach her if they needed her!!

* The thought of bathing in a bathtub in a rental (hotel, condo, treehouse, whatever) is just icky to me. She may have cleaned the tub 1st & just didn’t film it, but I doubt it. Likewise, w/ the dishes & the cutting board - using those things w/o 1st cleaning them is just something I can’t do. I’m a germaphobe, & I’m even iffy on hot tubs as well. I’d have to know w/ some kind of certainty it had been cleaned & sanitized between guests.

Edited by SmoothiesLikeLily - 8/11/2021, 10:52 PM

957 replies since 8/8/2021, 03:32   102192 views