InAScrambleOverAnOldHandleLikeJen Pt 268

« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Jen laying down Christmas wrapping paper to age like fine wine has made my day!

She wasn’t hoarding crap...

No shade to the bakers who stock up on Santa paper etc I think that’s really cute, but seriously what was Jen smoking with her plans for vintage wrapping paper.

2.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    If she’d get a job, and I don’t mean a hobby that doesn’t even come close to paying the bills, she’d have a lot less time to fill, IMHO.

3. HelloFriends
        +27   Like  

User deleted

With Jen and all her obsessions and compulsions, I can sure understand why sustaining an intimate relationship and becoming a mother would be hard on her. She and Don used to play house and then he wanted the real deal. I think when he hurt his back she genuinely despised him. Sorry, but her life was supposed to be about getting flowers for no reason, trips, being a Disney princess, etc. Marriage, as everyone but Jen knows means you are there even when it's hard. That also means that you enjoy the rewards of the good time (not defined by cash, but by rich experiences and growth together as a couple and then as a family)

4.     +26   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I see ppl here keep hoping that she would get a job. But what job can Jen get without any work experience or any intellect or without getting into retail/service industry entry level jobs? None. I don't think she can get and hold on to even a minimum wage job with her capabilities. If only she knew how difficult it to earn money while she blows up $2k for a battery she doesn't even need.

Instead of a blog, she should have written articles/worked for Raven foundation atleast. I think 15yrs work experience in a tax shelter was atleast something on a resume. Like the little one calls it his job.

5.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TWO!!! @ 9/8/2021, 01:58) 
    I see ppl here keep hoping that she would get a job. But what job can Jen get without any work experience or any intellect or without getting into retail/service industry entry level jobs? None. I don't think she can get and hold on to even a minimum wage job with her capabilities. If only she knew how difficult it to earn money while she blows up $2k for a battery she doesn't even need.

Instead of a blog, she should have written articles/worked for Raven foundation atleast. I think 15yrs work experience in a tax shelter was atleast something on a resume. Like the little one calls it his job.

Getting over 100k subscribers on YouTube, editing videos and photos, and running social media accounts are transferable skills. She’s just lazy.

6.     +24   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Jen is bad at all of those things.

7.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 9/8/2021, 02:38) 

She has had a certain amount of success that most people start a YouTube channel never reach, even though she didn’t capitalize as she should have.

8.     +29   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    And the real crucial skills she would need to work are dependability and people skills in which she is hopelessly deficient.

She's failing at YouTube because she is bad at what she does. All she had to do was stay weird and consistent.

9.     +26   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (notonthenorthshore @ 8/8/2021, 23:42) 
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 8/8/2021, 04:00 PM) 
    When I put the Christmas stuff away I make a running list of what I do and do not need next year - tags, ribbon, Christmas napkins etc. We still have a wall calendar so I put the sticky on the last page of the new calendar. I also have a small/thin Christmas binder that I pull out from year to year.

I’m no Jen, but these things do help me a little bit each year to not get overwhelmed.

(
    Why did Jen seem so impressive in her early videos? All she was doing was what the rest of us do, and we call it common sense. (I fell prey to her busy bee bs like many others and now I really wonder wth was I thinking, then again she was like a train that was going to wreck and maybe we (I) all sensed it was just a matter of time.

I think because she was doing it without a budget or a care in the world. There didn’t appear to be any of the messy, stressful parts of life.

It was a bunch of travel strung together with meals cooked by Don in her cleaned-by-others house - or dinners in a fancy restaurant.

There were the coordinating fabric shopping bags for every different store, the carefree shopping at Whole Foods or the container store; the endless gifts of pretties and Tiffanies jewelry bestowed upon her. Jen seemed like she had it all together.

In looking back, the truth is she was always unbalanced. No amount of money, acquisitions, doting by her husband or stability and support from his family was enough.

She filled the entire house with her crap, but was still empty inside. I think only when she was left with the hoards of color coordinated bins last year did she possibly start to realize how F’d her life was.

The moral of watching the Jen Story is an old one - if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

10.     +17   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 9/8/2021, 02:48) 
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 9/8/2021, 02:38) 

She has had a certain amount of success that most people start a YouTube channel never reach, even though she didn’t capitalize as she should have.

She also had a certain amount of advantage... endless free time and money. She didn’t even have to clean her own house. She put out content to her own schedule, her self imposed deadlines could be missed if she just didn’t feel like it or the rest of her life got in the way.

She did a mediocre job in ideal circumstances. She would fall to pieces in a workplace where she had deadline and tasks she could not control.

11.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Good Morning Friends @ 9/8/2021, 01:19) 
    She's been eating her feelings. She has to work out like an obsessed maniac to offset the calories. A pint of B&J is probably being wolfed down nightly, and that's 1,500 calories right there. She'd be 400 pounds by now if she didn't work out for hours. Her alleged ED won't let her gain weight like that. She has nothing better to do anyway but obsess over her weight and work out 4 hours a day.

It's hilarious that she keeps showing hummus and veggies as her meals. No one is buying it.

I’ve known people who work out compulsively. It seems often to try to quiet the noise in their heads/deal with anxiety. Especially true for the runners/bikers I have known. I’m not saying shes not to try to balance all the calories, but I think for Jen, it’s mostly about anxiety.

12.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous

Why is she automatically too good for food service or retail? It’s the only thing her resume allows-all her own choice.

13.     +20   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Sadly, she’s just nuts. I almost feel sorry for her…then I remember her entire YouTube “career” was built on bragging about her “privilege”.

14.     +10   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Suzanne’sBiggestFan @ 9/8/2021, 03:17) 

Why is she automatically too good for food service or retail? It’s the only thing her resume allows-all her own choice.

She’s not “too good” for them - she would be very bad at both. And her resume would allow her to work in any field involving editing or other on-line skill needs. If Jen were to work it would most surely need to be on the creative side of things with a flexible schedule. Jen doesn’t need to work - ever. She absolutely should work in order to get out of her own head.

It’s not a coincidence that the happiest she seemed was 2012-14 ish when she was putting out a ton of content. It kept her busy and she was learning new skills.

15.     +11   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 8/8/2021, 09:00 PM) 
    And the real crucial skills she would need to work are dependability and people skills in which she is hopelessly deficient.

And these are the exact reasons why nobody in their right mind would accept her for a volunteer gig :strong_no_smiley_emoticon:

957 replies since 8/8/2021, 03:32   102314 views