CravingNorwegianWoodLikeJen Pt. 270

« Older   Newer »

1.     +38   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen is a horrible mother to all three children. Winnie has had the joy sucked out of her like the other two. Too bad Don didn’t get joint custody of Winnie.

2.     +22   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm picturing the reception party conversation being made up of (1) The Olds, who paid for the whole thing, discussing the stock market and the weather (in a generic, non climate-change-y way), and (2) The Shiny, Bloated Newlyweds and Their Twitter Pron Star Friends, discussing butt bleach, 420-friendliness, and the IG algorithm. What a bash!

3.     +14   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 15/8/2021, 19:36) 
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 8/15/2021, 01:33 PM) 
    What Don learned from marriage: Jen didn't like to do it anymore. Tens likes to do it.

That’s important! :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

Yep, he didn't care about her neurotic behavior until she shut the wonderland down.

4.     +11   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I think they got the balloon decor because it is cheaper than floral or other more classy decorations and they are cheap. Ballon decor looks bad enough on the day of the event but once the event is done one just wants to throw up looking at it. They would deflate at different frequencies, some would pop and in general no one wants to deal with them.

5.     +12   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Balloons are so Tikka.

6.     +9   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    I may be weird and in the minority about this, but I hate balloons. Always have. I have GAD and PTSD that gets triggered by sensory overload. Balloons popping sends me skyrocketing. Hard pass on balloons here.

7.     +51   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Balloons are so wasteful. Especially at a party for supposedly one and a half full grown men.

8.     +23   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 15/8/2021, 19:44) 
    Snark as we do, let’s not lose sight of how terrible mental health struggles are for many. If Jen, with all of her resources, was not able to get a handle on her issues (whatever they might’ve specifically been) and in fact seemed to downward spiral, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for others who not only don’t have her resources for treatment but have so many other stressors in their lives.

Jen could not get a handle on her issues because she won’t listen to any professional’s advice. Even when viewers would say something she didn’t like her response was “that’s a crock of shit”. She’s dishonest about many things. I doubt she was honest with her therapist. You have to put in the work to get better and Jen was above doing that. She’s a narcissist. She loved talking about herself for an hour then went on in life doing what worked for her. Until it didn’t.

We don’t lose sight on mental health struggles. In fact many here have battled and overcome them or are better at coping with them. Like I said it takes work. Jen is lazy, and it’s is easy to see that she’s selfish and manipulative and plays mind games. She is a fake. Everything is magical. If she has struggles she has only herself to blame.

9.     +29   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (VirutalHug @ 8/15/2021, 10:31 AM) 
    The charcuterie board looks rich and delicious. The green beans look raw and dry to me? (Colour and texture) maybe it's a thing to clean the palate?

I also agree to the baker who said that the R fam it's so frienddly and welcoming with T in such a short amount of time. So weird after having Jen around for so many years. Or maybe it's because of that. They welcomed the change with open arms, T appears to be so better in so many areas.

I must say good for Don, T can cook and bake: they must really enjoy their time together.

No *wonder* Jen is livid!

They ALL walked on eggshells around her. ALL of the time.

I bet they are so glad to be around someone who doesn't send videos about where meat and milk come from and why she won't eat their food any more.

10.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Making myself feel better by spewing negativity

Status
    Anonymous
    The balloons would be cute for a kid's party- I like the pastel rainbow with the bounce house. The grown ass adults surrounded by a bunch of balloons look assholes (I'm looking at you, broad in the balloon boyz Insta with the massive "a little cutie is on the way" balloon). :20130930101758-5e972761: Embarrassing. Can't wait to see Tensleigh's when she produces the anchor baby.

11.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It looks like a baby shower.

12.     +14   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ComfortablyNumb I completely agree with you that it takes a lot of work and Jen did not effectively do the work. The point of my post was that hopefully Don learned that you cannot fix another person by loving them or giving them access to solo relaxing vacations or the best healthcare that money can buy. The person still needs to do the work internally.

13.     +7   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Good Ol’ Suze @ 15/8/2021, 19:50) 
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 8/15/2021, 10:44 AM) 
    I hope Don learned that no matter how hard you try, how much you love them or what opportunities you afford a person, you cannot fix them. In the end they have to want to cure what ails them.

Snark as we do, let’s not lose sight of how terrible mental health struggles are for many. If Jen, with all of her resources, was not able to get a handle on her issues (whatever they might’ve specifically been) and in fact seemed to downward spiral, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for others who not only don’t have her resources for treatment but have so many other stressors in their lives.

I agree. But as far as Jen goes, I am not convinced her ‘mental illness(es)’ are anything more than ego and stubbornness.

I do think she has some level of social anxiety. She does not like to deviate from her comfort zone, cannot make new friends, seems incapable of making small talk with strangers, and is incapable of showing empathy. The rest of it is pure, smug narcissism. That’s why she has no issues filming in public by herself.

14.     +37   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 8/15/2021, 12:12 PM) 
    I guess I’m a sucker and naive but I don’t see why their marriage can’t last. They’ve likely spent a lot of time together during the lockdowns. That’s a good way to get to know someone.

Then again I don’t hate T either and several people seem to.

Jen? I pretty much hate. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

My thoughts, exactly! I think that they have a good shot making it. They both know what they don't want, hopefully. I also don't understand the Tens hate. We don't know enough about her. I've seen people say "I don't understand the Tens love"....but it isn't really love. We don't know enough about her to love her, either. She just is. But, it is kind of fun to puff her up, so to speak, to get in Jen's crawl.

15.     +7   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Madmomagain @ 8/15/2021, 02:16 PM)
    I may be weird and in the minority about this, but I hate balloons. Always have. I have GAD and PTSD that gets triggered by sensory overload. Balloons popping sends me skyrocketing. Hard pass on balloons here.

Because of a very traumatic event from my childhood I can’t handle the sound of balloons popping either. Hell, even the pop when you open a can of biscuits or something gets me. I understand where you’re coming from :hug:

941 replies since 15/8/2021, 15:10   94441 views