MyLifeIsACollectionOfMiserableVacationsLikeJen Pt. 272

« Older   Newer »

1.     +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    We did a B&B on out honeymoon and I hated eating breakfast with the other guests, lol. but the hosts made an amazing breakfast. I have to say!

I have done several AirBnb/VRBO, it is great when you need a big place, but I am kinda ready for my next vacation to be a hotel. Matter of fact, make that an all inclusive resort hotel haha.

2.     +11   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Breakdown @ 25/8/2021, 19:17) 
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 8/25/2021, 01:15 PM) 
    Ooooh. Yes I do!

I want to know too. I imagine there's hidden cameras installed by creeper airbnb "hosts" and all sorts of mixups with keys, getting locked in or out.

Cameras have to be disclosed and also cannot be indoors. We don’t bother with cameras at ours because we’re local (so if we suspect anything weird, we can just go look ourselves) and also I don’t want to know what people are doing in the hot tubs.

Most Airbnbs in the US (including the ones we own or cohost) are on a keypad system. We change the lock codes for every guest and they are programmed to start and stop working at check in and check out times. (Fun fact: at our properties, we make the key code the last four numbers of the phone number of the guest who booked the property, so it’s easy to remember.)

There’s a program that does all of this automatically and it all happens over the WiFi at the property.

I mean, we’ve got some stories, but by and large, it’s not really that exciting.

3.     +42   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I’m LMAO at Jen’s hiking tips in the comments of the Instagram post.

Jen, you haven’t gone on a longer or more remote hike. You go on walks. There’s nothing wrong with that, but let’s don’t pretend you’re doing actual hiking. Your first “van camping trip”, that was the closest you’ve gotten to “remote”, I’ll grant you the term hike for that one even, but you haven’t actually gone anywhere remote, because you complained about people being around the whole time.

Good try. Maybe quit pretending to be someone you’re not and just own who you are.

Signed, an actual hiker

4.     +39   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen definitely thinks nature walks = hiking

5.     +19   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    We’ve done Airbnb ever since Mini SingHo was born. A hotel just doesn’t work when you have a young kid who naps/goes to bed early, the adults end up having to sit in silence in a dark room.

The only time we did hotel was at Disneyland. Mr SingHo would go out after our daughter went to bed and I’d sit in the bathroom and read :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

6.     +12   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I love air bnbs with kids because they’re all still napping and having quiet time and hats impossible to do in a hotel. In a rental my husband and I can at least have a drink and watch a movie or even sit by the pool with the baby monitor. I love hotels more than almost anything but they are the opposite of relaxing with little kids. I’m hoping when they kids get older we’ll be able to just get an adjoining room and call it a day

7.     +14   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I was so worried at the beginning of the video when Jen didn’t have a baseball cap on. It would have been “darling” with the overalls.

Thank goodness she remembered her baseball cap so she could wear it for her “hike.” Dodged a bullet…

8.     +40   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    You guys, the book I mentioned in the last thread is the SAME BOOK she read on her last "trip" HAHAHAHA what a dunce

9141CD54-1FC4-4371-AA77-5459C4D7EE2C

9.     +23   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I hate when she describes things as “darling”…

10. HelloFriends
        +6   Like  

User deleted

I know people rave about B&Bs and I always love the homes, but want to be left alone with my husband, thanks very much. We've gone to two entirely different ones and both wanted to be our best good buddies. Hospitality is lovely, but come on, we work hard, need a break and time with each other, not you.

Breakfasts, while yummy in both places, had the awkward stranger factor. We're not unfriendly people, but it was irritating to have someone at the table (both times) appoint themselves as the great questioner. "So, where are you from, what do you do, how long have you been married?"

I would assume Jen LOVES and lives for people asking about her though. She'll then believe they are all her "dear friends". Even when she goes to rent a place by herself, notice she can't REALLY be alone? She has to take pictures of herself, film herself, etc. Pretty damn sad if you ask me.

11.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    The girl loves a subscription service.
    Attached Image
    1DC7D7A3-D568-4536-93B1-EA75E9498030

12.     +48   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    In case anyone was wondering how much of don’s money gene shelled out for this “darling” adventure, it’s $1023 for 2 weekend nights
    Attached Image
    0E61AB0A-E36E-4A66-9BBD-804F1C664098

13.     +24   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Relying on your intuition? :shaking_head_smiley_emoticon: You have your head so far up your ass, how on earth would you even know if you were approaching an unsafe situation. Also, way to indirectly victim blame, but whatever, DumbassLikeGene

14.     +23   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I hate traditional BNBs
    My husband. And I stayed in one in Monterey and we went out drinking and just really went too hard 😂😂😂
    I had to go to the group breakfast in the morning and I was so hungover I knew everyone was judging me
    Never again🤣🤣🤣

15.     +8   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Walking distance from Cody Boo and Peloton Studios.

Status
    QUOTE (Alimony and Wonder @ 8/25/2021, 01:25 PM) 
    The way she said "group of men" like it was a curse word made me LAUGH. Someone is definitely bitter.

Exactly...
    Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink - for Jen.

879 replies since 25/8/2021, 17:10   95393 views