MyLifeIsACollectionOfMiserableVacationsLikeJen Pt. 272

« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 25/8/2021, 20:47) 
    Jen reviewed a cave. :snickering:

That she never entered.

2.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Waiting for the Pirate PoPo to beat down my door and press charges. Still waiting...

Status
    QUOTE (PowderRoomCandy @ 8/25/2021, 06:14 PM) 
    I'm guessing she brings poor Winnie on some of these sad getaways now because her days of abusing Aunt Julie's generosity are over. She has probably set some boundaries and isn't at selfish Jen's beck and call.

I am still baffled at eating the same ol' shit that she does at home on these trips. Trying new food is half the fun when exploring new places. Even if she got takeout to eat alone in her creaky abode it would be more interesting than chickpea potato slop and allegedly yummy pizza from her freezer.

Aunt Julie was probably at the wedding that weekend...

3.     +14   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Just wasted 33 min. on watching Jen basically do little to nothing in an average Airbnb (many of them who are going for the country vibe and are old look exactly the same or very similar, there was nothing special about this one)
    Thankfully she left out the word "magical"
    "darling" was used a lot and "beautiful" but, was it really? --- no, it was ok and decent enough maybe at the cute level
    Agree: wth moaning about $19 for a fee to see cave but will spend $1000+ on a camp battery she will never use,
    Also agree with the post re Music
    That music for these videos is "curated" more than the wedding cake was
    And as mentioned already
    Not a word about her kids??? Nothing??? Why do we have to know she is calling her Mom???
    And the tub bathing scenes, Ok REALLY unnecessary, I just cannot with her,

4.     +12   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Waiting for the Pirate PoPo to beat down my door and press charges. Still waiting...

Status
    QUOTE (SteamingPileOfClaundry @ 8/25/2021, 06:46 PM) 
    QUOTE (Mrs. Geller @ 25/8/2021, 18:43) 
    I still can’t get over the fact that she hiked for five miles in the hot summer weather and then went straight to the festival without showering :sick: ;_;

Like her trash Jen’s BO isn’t particularly stinky.

Who are we kidding? Jen is probably like a feedlot. You can smell her from 2 miles away, she's full of shit, and you can say "It smells like money!". It's what we say about cattle, anyway...

5.     +11   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ClingingToUtah @ 25/8/2021, 21:09) 
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 25/8/2021, 20:47) 
    Jen reviewed a cave. :snickering:

That she never entered.

She did. Just not with Winnie. She took her back, got her settled and went back later in the day. There’s tons of awkward footage of her “with wonder” face as she films herself looking around.

6.     +15   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 25/8/2021, 20:25) 
    Picturing her blowing her whistle. Lol

She was clutching it at all times in case one of those awful men got too close.

7.     +43   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    What. The. Hell. Is. This. Content.

8.     +28   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ThatThing @ 25/8/2021, 19:35) 
    We did a B&B on out honeymoon and I hated eating breakfast with the other guests, lol. but the hosts made an amazing breakfast. I have to say!

I have done several AirBnb/VRBO, it is great when you need a big place, but I am kinda ready for my next vacation to be a hotel. Matter of fact, make that an all inclusive resort hotel haha.

We were gifted a B&B for our wedding night. We got there, there was nothing to drink that was cold and no where to get anything cold. It was summer, it was hot, there was no air conditioning, or even a fan in the room. We shagged then drove home.

9.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (JenuinelyUnorganized @ 25/8/2021, 21:08) 
    DominantJunk great info. I think I just heat a lot of horror stories. The other owners, do they check owner reviews before accepting, say a party of 10 guys on a bachelor party weekend? Do you share names? Thank you for the details.

It’s just more fun to share the horror stories than it is to be like, for instance, today we had 3 checkouts, they all followed the checkout instructions and everything was fine. One of them, if the bed hadn’t been mussed, you could have convinced me they hadn’t spent more than 5 minutes in the property.

We have one property that attracts bachelorette weekends, groups of 20-somethings. We write in the listing that it’s a quiet neighborhood and if they are looking for a place to get loud and rowdy, this isn’t it. And we have them acknowledge that there are quiet hours and they will be enforced. (We’ve only ever had to do that once, when a neighbor texted us to ask that the music get turned down at like 11. Quick message to the guest and by the time we made it over to the property (10 minutes) the music was down and couldn’t be heard from outside. And we sent the neighbor flowers the next day.) But our properties are in high enough demand that we’re not afraid to turn down booking requests if we are at all concerned.

We can see the guest’s reviews when they ask to book, and we ask who is traveling and for what reason. We’re in a tourist area, but people will usually tell us they are coming to hike or celebrate a birthday or go to certain attractions or whatever. (We decorate for birthdays, give champagne and chocolate for anniversaries, will tailor the snack basket specifically for hikers, stuff like that, so this question is partially to prepare us for that.)

Honestly, families with small kids make the most annoying messes. Sticky kid fingers everywhere! Bags of chips and Cheeto fingerprints are common in rooms with bunk beds. One year a family completely dismantled a Christmas tree, probably to keep their kid away from it, but it took me two hours to put it back together, and they could’ve just used a baby gate that we keep in the property to keep their kid away from it. And our studio units get the random jerk couples who get drunk and do stupid things.

I think we’ve built enough safeguards into our listings to dissuade most riffraff, and were very clear in or in house manual how much the big ticket items will cost to replace if they are damaged, and how we CAN evict immediately for parties if we want to.

We go after people who do actual damage (one time a kid CHEWED ON wooden blinds; parents paid that claim right away) or leave major messes (those usually require a fight and detailed invoices and photos), because we care about our housekeepers enough to compensate them when they have to make miracles happen before the next guests arrive.

10.     +27   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Glad she ditched the out of place yoga clothing and hat for Wisconsin farm, but dressing in farmer overalls instead cracked me up.

11.     +16   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (martiniflightlikedon @ 25/8/2021, 21:02) 
    I’m still so put off by the fact that Jen just doesn’t even mention her kids *at all* in these videos
    Like I know it’s not about them, nor is it even about mom life. And it’s not even a vlog perse
    But literally no offhand comment about how Donny would love this or she saw blah blah at the art fair that CC would like
    Or I would love to bring my kids here
    Or oh I miss them or this remind me of them
    I’ve never ever seen a mother act this way

I was thinking this exactly. This trip would be so much better suited for a family. What amazing memories it would be for the little ones to stay in a farmhouse and go on those hikes, which were very kid friendly. Big family dinner together, kids playing in the yard, a big family sleepover in the bedroom full of beds. I don’t know how Jen can sit inside a big empty house like this one, that is so clearly meant for a group, and convince herself that she’s happy.

I also found it funny how she rambles on about traveling not having to be far away or involve a plane ride. Ironic considering Jen was caught somewhere halfway around the world last week

12.     +40   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Good Morning Friends @ 25/8/2021, 21:07) 
    She saw the three little beds and didn't even pretend like she would consider bringing the kids back. It made her think of HER childhood with grandma.

My jaw dropped when she saw the 3 beds and didn’t mention her kids in any way whatsoever. Yikes.

13.     +31   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Just popping in to say: UGH. This version of Jen is by far the most awful, boring, and blah. If she's doing this to bore everyone in to abandoning her and her channel, she's doing a fantastic job. How she has any followers left at this point is beyond me.

14.     +26   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    Okay, briefly, and not Jen related, properties rented through AirBnB or other services have a tiny window of time to clean the property, and therefore not everything is cleaned. If there is a dinner service for eight the housekeepers are not washing them in between guests, so if the prior guest did something to a plate and slipped it back into the stack, no one is the wiser. ALWAYS WASH ALL THE DISHES WHEN YOU ARRIVE.

The door codes are supposed to be changed between guests, however most of them are rotated through a small assortment, so a prior guest, who lives locally could swing by and keep checking the door until the code they were given comes around again.

There is no time to wash all the towels, if it looks like it wasn’t used, it isn’t washed. ALWAYS WASH ALL THE TOWELS WHEN YOU ARRIVE.

Prior guests can set up recording devices, it has happened at least once that I know of.

You cannot get jizz out of the carpet between guests. NEVER SIT ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF THE LOVELY FIREPLACE.

People are freaks, and like to be freaky in places other people have to clean.

Most hosts and guests are fine, some have interesting ideas about what constitutes clean, and what constitutes safe. Only you care about you. AirBnB has paid out over $50 million dollars in settlements EVERY YEAR.

15.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    that freaking username ^^ :lol: I started literally loling

879 replies since 25/8/2021, 17:10   95393 views