CalledToShareMyEx-WifeLifeByChristLikeJen Pt. 278

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Did anyone happen to save the 14 year old rainbow Jen camping stories?

2.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I have the pre-scolding and post-scolding IG stories. Sorry, I put this here in case someone wants to post it.

3.     +15   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    on the topic of her 14 year old backpacking journal...

did you guys keep anything from the 8th grade? or even HS? I tossed most of my college papers and I can't even imagine keeping anything I wrote before that

4.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I was looking at the instagram of a Cat Named Carrot and the 3 girls (and parents) went to some Il state park. The kids looked like they were having a lot of fun plus there were actual people around. Jen can't possibly take her kids anywhere where they may have actual fun. (Jen... think the kids could go back to Tens/Don and say how much fun they had with mom going to whatever park it is).

Solo backpacking trip... I barely made it thru the car camping and everything she bought on something she will never use again.

When the lease is up on the van will the Ravens keep paying for it or will Jen need to cough up Don's money to get her own minivan? Or do we think Don will be forced to buy/lease another one for her?

5.     +10   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 21/9/2021, 00:28) 

did you guys keep anything from the 8th grade? or even HS? I tossed most of my college papers and I can't even imagine keeping anything I wrote before that

Nope

When cleaning out my moms house - she had saved all the letters I wrote her from College freshman year- my Dad died mid way so those are such a glimpse at my life that year ❤️

6.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    I have my HS yearbooks in a box somewhere. I have my scrapbooks from college and my diploma. That’s it.

7.     +13   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Beetrix @ 21/9/2021, 00:36) 

Nope

When cleaning out my moms house - she had saved all the letters I wrote her from College freshman year- my Dad died mid way so those are such a glimpse at my life that year ❤️

Hell no. I don't keep things from last week, let alone anything from childhood, unless it's something really special (jewelry or my cheerleading jacket). But I am notorious for throwing things out. I despise clutter.

Just thinking back to when my daughter was in school, and they had to write about their "hero". As a single mom, and a nurse, my daughter wrote about me, and, while I am not perfect at all, I feel I raised her with love, good values, and to be responsible and respectful. I really have no idea what Jen's kids would write about her at this point. That she baked "with them". Most moms cook for their kids. Big deal. Really, what are the children learning from her that they can use to be better adults?

8.     +5   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    o/t but I made a non snark post about Sarah Nourse leaving Youtube ;_; but also :b: here at the link if anyone wants to talk about it with me :saying-a-prayer-smiley-emoticon #entry453428861

9.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status

Jen keeps everything!!

Remember when she was cleaning out/organizing/whatever in her craftice & found some kind of budget she’d made for shoes or something when she was in school - high school or maybe even younger?

I combined all my keepsake stuff & my husband’s keepsake stuff into one Rubbermaid box which is in the back of a storage closet.

I do admit to keeping some papers I wrote, but, again, all our combined stuff fits into one box.

10.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 9/20/2021, 05:28 PM) 

No, however, my Mom kept report cards and a few papers in an early version of scrapbook for things she wanted (way before the onslaught of the allie edwards type hysteria over "memory keeping" )

I am in the camp with those who believe she created that Rainbow Cover and all of it earlier on the 17th of September
    - it was very brightly colored, i.e. just done with her special so special fav marker pens, - it looked fabricated because she was doing on the fly and did not know how juvenile to go with the drawing and the topper
    the most aaaahhhmazzzinggg coincidence that it was dated Sept 17th also

(she was about to off into a synchronistic ramble but stopped herself and called it CLASSIC instead
    CLASSIC what?
    CLASSIC BS.

Edited by notonthenorthshore - 9/20/2021, 06:29 PM

11.     +18   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I keep all my old papers. Idk, I think it’s because I still think I’m going to write an important book one day and then my papers can be donated to a university library and/or used to write my biography.

12.     +9   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 9/20/2021, 03:28 PM) 

I have a few notebooks. Some from first grade, some from later. I moved halfway across the world when I was 16 and couldn't bring a lot with me, so what I did bring and still have has meaning to me because I have literally nothing else from that time. The first grade notebooks were actually sent to me later by family because they were clearing out our old apartment and thought I'd want to see them (I did, and I will keep them).

I know Jen moved a lot, obviously not to another country/continent, but I wonder if she has some of the same instinct to hang on to things because she doesn't have continuity that people who don't move as much (or as far) might have. However, I think for her it's also because that might have been the last time she actually accomplished anything on a regular basis, so she holds on to it as proof that she's not a total waste of oxygen. I think she's said she has all of her college papers? I will admit to having the files of my college papers, but I haven't kept a hard copy of much of anything. My thesis and graduation program, that type of thing.

13.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SeasonalWinnieBows @ 9/20/2021, 06:30 PM)
    I was looking at the instagram of a Cat Named Carrot and the 3 girls (and parents) went to some Il state park. The kids looked like they were having a lot of fun plus there were actual people around. Jen can't possibly take her kids anywhere where they may have actual fun. (Jen... think the kids could go back to Tens/Don and say how much fun they had with mom going to whatever park it is).

Solo backpacking trip... I barely made it thru the car camping and everything she bought on something she will never use again.

When the lease is up on the van will the Ravens keep paying for it or will Jen need to cough up Don's money to get her own minivan? Or do we think Don will be forced to buy/lease another one for her?

The difference being, of course, that Erin loves and cherishes her girls (and Carrot!). I think she’s amazing given what she’s gone through and what she’s accomplished. Jen needs to take several seats in that regard.

14.     +7   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Beetrix @ 20/9/2021, 17:42) 
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 20/9/2021, 16:36) 
    :shifty:

I bet she seething with anger over every single thing CC Tells her about daddy’s house
    Especially how much FUN they have
    :1485540604:

First time poster, long time reader here. I bet that pre-Tens she was not having to stretch that much… other than them eating meat and not keeping the schedule she has set up for them. I picture the new house adds all types of new comparison/ stretching/ lack of her control.

15.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Breakdown @ 9/20/2021, 05:48 PM) 
    o/t but I made a non snark post about Sarah Nourse leaving Youtube ;_; but also :b: here at the link if anyone wants to talk about it with me :saying-a-prayer-smiley-emoticon #entry453428861

Awe, I really enjoyed her content but I am happy that she moved on from YouTube since it was not making her happy!

898 replies since 17/9/2021, 21:25   103268 views