CalledToShareMyEx-WifeLifeByChristLikeJen Pt. 278

« Older   Newer »

1. Bunion of Fury
        +14   Like  

User deleted

My mother kept nothing and it is really upsetting to me because my MIL kept it all down to the minutia scribbles and paper napkins from restaurants they went to. All of it. I have zero, I can't even tell you what my handwriting looked like when I was 5, 10, 20. There are also very few pictures of me as a child, at most 20 and they re all garbage. I have maybe two high school photos. my communion pictures were never developed and I have no idea where the negatives are. As much as I love my mother, she is not one known for being a sentimental.
    So Jen having her 8th grade camping journal? F. that bitch!
    I have kept the most important stuff for my kids, the milestones more than anything else or artwork that was really good. I think I took 1000s of pictures every week after their birth, it helped that we had just switched to digital when they first came out, LOL 8 Megapixel was a big deal back then.

2.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Breakdown @ 9/21/2021, 12:48 AM) 
    o/t but I made a non snark post about Sarah Nourse leaving Youtube ;_; but also :b: here at the link if anyone wants to talk about it with me :saying-a-prayer-smiley-emoticon #entry453428861

This is sad, I really liked her! But, good for her for quitting if she wasn't happy AND letting us know.

3.     +1   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SeasonalWinnieBows @ 21/9/2021, 00:30) 
    I was looking at the instagram of a Cat Named Carrot and the 3 girls (and parents) went to some Il state park. The kids looked like they were having a lot of fun plus there were actual people around. Jen can't possibly take her kids anywhere where they may have actual fun. (Jen... think the kids could go back to Tens/Don and say how much fun they had with mom going to whatever park it is).

Solo backpacking trip... I barely made it thru the car camping and everything she bought on something she will never use again.

When the lease is up on the van will the Ravens keep paying for it or will Jen need to cough up Don's money to get her own minivan? Or do we think Don will be forced to buy/lease another one for her?

The park they went to is very close to my moms so I am super familiar with it. It is an awesome park to explore, they have camping, hiking and only like a an hour and half, 2 tops from Gene. I have commented on Insta before that she should go there but I doubt she even pays attention.

4.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Being a beef eating bitch with the Italians and hiding from the FBI. Formally known as Lenore

Status
    Anonymous
    I hate having a bunch of stuff. I did not keep anything, I have a couple of cherished items like baseball cards my grandpa gave me.

5.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I have a bunch of school papers stored in a trunk in my parents basement. I am trying to strike a balance of saving some more important things but not burdening my kids with too much when I give it to them when they are grown with stuff they will not want.

6.     +16   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I just watched Cody dance on DWTS.

Disappointed he didn’t give a shout out to Gene.

7.     +10   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Party of 7 @ 21/9/2021, 03:03) 

She’s probably crying into her oatmilk oatmeal.

8.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    "Maybe you should put some shorts on or something if you want to keep fighting evil today."

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 9/20/2021, 06:28 PM) 
    on the topic of her 14 year old backpacking journal...

did you guys keep anything from the 8th grade? or even HS? I tossed most of my college papers and I can't even imagine keeping anything I wrote before that

My mom saved some schoolwork and artwork of both mine and my sister's. She recently passed along an elementary writing workbook and a junior high notebook that she stumbled across while cleaning recently. Those were most likely saved by accident (got shoved in a box of other things most likely). I showed them to my kids, we all had a laugh over them and then I ditched them.

I have one journal that I started my freshman year of college and never finished. I keep that to remind myself how naive I was back then. I recently ran across a box of things in our basement from my college days, I didn't even realize I still had it. I kept most of the photos but ditched the rest. My daughter & niece both nixed being in a sorority when they went to college so there's no one to pass any of that along to. The older I get the more I hate clutter and unnecessary junk sitting around in bins & boxes.

I'm also suspicious of Jen's "discovery" of the backpacking trip report. Such a convenient find. Maybe she found the original and decided to recreate it (I know, I know...I'm reaching with that theory) but it sure looked pristine. A lot of my kid's old artwork etc. from preschool and elementary, etc looks older than Jen's report and they are much newer. Who knows with weirdo Jen?

9.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I found my brother’s journal from elementary school and his best friend read excerpts from it during his best man speech (they played D&D together so it was all about their adventures as knights or whatever). It was adorable. Idk, I’m a saver and my mom never ever touched my stuff.

10.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Party of 7 @ 21/9/2021, 03:03) 

High Five. :snickering:

11.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    who’d i think of first but the mop...

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRqnBjKP/

12.     +11   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Has it been mentioned yet that T changed her Instagram handle? Not that interesting but I wonder what compelled her to do it and what the significance of the new name is.

13. Traps Queen
        +2   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Jens George Washington Curls @ 21/9/2021, 07:25) 
    Has it been mentioned yet that T changed her Instagram handle? Not that interesting but I wonder what compelled her to do it and what the significance of the new name is.

I don’t know if it’s been discussed but I hope it’s not. This is Jen’s thread. I will happily snark on Tensleigh when she opens the door with a public social or, better yet a YT channel.

Unless it involves another Ross or someone who allowed themselves to be shared publicly by Jen it seems off topic.

14.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Traps Queen @ 21/9/2021, 08:09) 
    QUOTE (Jens George Washington Curls @ 21/9/2021, 07:25) 

I don’t know if it’s been discussed but I hope it’s not. This is Jen’s thread. I will happily snark on Tensleigh when she opens the door with a public social or, better yet a YT channel.

Unless it involves another Ross or someone who allowed themselves to be shared publicly by Jen it seems off topic.

People who live in glass houses shouldn’t stalk the Pinterest accounts of non-public figures.
    Attached Image
    D5AB0CC8-6D54-4439-B075-9D3747218108

15.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    In a van, across the street from the heart home.

Status
    :nono2:

898 replies since 17/9/2021, 21:25   103268 views