CharlotteAndTheHeirFinallyGetFreshAirLikeJen Pt. 279

« Older   Newer »

1.     +33   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ..... She buys peloton athletic wear? Does she know you can ride the peloton in Lululemon?

She's such a robot

2.     +22   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Good morning Jen. Your obsession with tents is a Freudian slip.
    Attached Image
    Untmitled

3.     +37   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Look at me, I’m so carefree!

Did she forget that she’s supposed to have a stalker again?

I’ve never seen someone so full of themselves.

4.     +27   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    “Look at meeeeee!” #TransparentLikeJen

Based on all I’ve heard, Glennon Doyle is popular because she legitimized self-absorption.

Party of 7, we think alike! Jen is all about “look at meeee!” :snickering:

5.     +18   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (JenuinelyUnorganized @ 26/9/2021, 15:53) 
    I do disagree with DominantJunk, some women may give up everything when they become mothers, however, many add being mothers to what they already are. I became a mother at 24. I had a career starting, I was 6 years into my job, I had already had 4 positions, each one a couple to a huge step up from the post last. We enjoyed our time with our son, we had already stopped being the hang out with our friends partying, becoming parents was not a hardship, I gave up nothing. I added more.

I think maybe you’re misunderstanding me. There is societal pressure for women to focus on being a mom, and give up their time from their individual hobbies or their career and devote their lives to their kids. There are very few stay at home dads. And it’s common for child rearing to default to the mom.

I picked up long distance running after having my 4th kid, and people made comments to me about how they just couldn’t take that time away from their kids, or how they’d like to do that but their Saturdays are devoted to being at the soccer field with their kids all day. The men who do it don’t get those kinds of comments.

Things like, “Oh, I’d love to do XYZ but I’ll need to wait until the kids are older.” Or how couples stop doing date nights because they have kids.

Now, I am in the camp that my kids added to my life as well, and yes there is an adjustment that MUST occur when you become a parent, but I purposely carve out time for myself and I do not feel guilty about it at all. I feel like it’s a good balance. It sounds like you are the same.

Glennon’s point that it is not abnormal for that to be OUT of balance, is valid and it’s not a new or original point - women are, whether it’s conscious or not, whether it’s intended to be demeaning or not, whether it’s just the way it’s always been, whether it’s just an internal societal thing - in America, expected (for lack of a better term) to be mom first, then whatever else. When women are CEOs, we talk about how they are working moms, but very rare to hear a male CEO referred to as a working dad. Mom becomes a big part of the identity, sometimes the main or only identity, generally at the expense of individual interests.

But I think Jen took that concept WAY too far and decided to go full me, me, me (and Glennon tends to sound that way as well, which is why I said I have a love/hate thing with her.)

6.     +25   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen has always been a full on glutton. And in her younger days she could work it off. But her almost 40, post childbearing body can not absorb the massive amounts of food she consumes.

In typical Jen fashion she doesn’t accept reality, but just keeps stubbornly insisting it will be as it was in her 20s. Good luck with that.

7.     +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (GrownUpStickerBook @ 26/9/2021, 17:36) 
    “Look at meeeeee!” #TransparentLikeJen

Based on all I’ve heard, Glennon Doyle is popular because she legitimized self-absorption.

Party of 7, we think alike! Jen is all about “look at meeee!” :snickering:

She didn’t just legitimize it, she made it a virtue. Job security for therapists is golden due to all the fallout from her toxic baloney.

8.     +31   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Some women thrive on motherhood. Stop assuming they spend all day at the soccer fields with their kids because they have to. Many do it because they want to.

Motherhood comes in all shapes and sizes and there is no one right way to do it.

9.     +24   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    THERE IS a huge societal pressure on women to sacrifice all kinds of life for their kids. This pressure is absent on men. SAHM is a well known acronym , but not SAHD. Baby gear is aimed almost always at women. You won't see a lot of men in stroller commercials, bottle commercials or onesie commercials. You get the point.

But Jen and Doyle are not in the group of women who sacrifice much for their children, like the rest of us mortals do. Women with millions in their bank account are still mothers, still need to fulfill the parental duties, but they don't do the 9-5 bit. They are at home, and in no rush to work so they can provide the bare basics to their kids. They don't have the worry of paying the bills. Even if they are working outside of the home, there are people they pay , to fill in the blanks.
    Ironically, they are the loudest about sacrifice. Because when you have everything, removing even one little thing is readily noticeable.

10.     +15   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    the ironic (?) part about Untamed is that the women who really need to read it won't. they don't have the time

11.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    From the Untamed. Who does this remind you of, folks?Is The Bakery an Easy Button?
    Attached Image
    Untmitled

12. Bunion of Fury
        +14   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 26/9/2021, 18:38) 
    From the Untamed. Who does this remind you of, folks?Is The Bakery an Easy Button?

She has no personality. This is someone who has to reach and read a book to figure out this thing called life.
    Jill :cheering-clapping-smiley-emotic you failed as a mother.

13.     +11   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 9/26/2021, 11:03 AM) 
    Some women thrive on motherhood. Stop assuming they spend all day at the soccer fields with their kids because they have to. Many do it because they want to.

Motherhood comes in all shapes and sizes and there is no one right way to do it.

Thank you for stating that, I did not enjoy little league Baseball but I did all the things and was there for my son, treats, snack mom, and I was secretly so happy when he stopped playing baseball (more to make Mr. N happy and Mr. N loves his sports esp. baseball,)

but I never, not for a moment sank to the pit Jen is in with the clear disgust and near neglect, Jen has shown in her bs posts,

The best thing that ever happened to me was my son, and he will be my baby till the end of time.

Jen does not know that joy that the rest of us who actually love our kids and find joy in just everything our child/ children do.

14.     +12   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bunion of Fury @ 9/26/2021, 09:42 AM) 
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 26/9/2021, 18:38) 

She has no personality. This is someone who has to reach and read a book to figure out this thing called life.
    Jill :cheering-clapping-smiley-emotic you failed as a mother.

Absolutely no personality. I don't know why it hasn't occurred to me before but Jen is not very bright.
    She copied EVERYTHING from this book. Being an introvert, sensitive, the way she deals with the kids (Doyle advises some weird semi-neglect approach I fail to understand), the way she talks, empath...I am waiting to get to a vegan part and call it a day.

15.     +13   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 9/26/2021, 12:38 PM) 

:hearty-laugh:

Is that why Jennifer is busy doing yoga, meditating and walking Winnie?

947 replies since 22/9/2021, 21:17   111936 views