« Older   Newer »

1. ICT359
        +17   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Lucky_Me @ 10/13/2021, 02:55 PM) 
    Yeah, going to the grocery store and buying the Italian version of PB&J ingredients is super Ugly American behavior. I love going to the grocery store in another country, even in states like Hawaii it's a different experience from the lower 48. But it's to find local produce and country-specific items, especially things I can bring home. Jen's not truly adventurous, as much as she thinks she is.

I spent 3 weeks in France a few years ago and my favorite part was the grocery stores!!! I bought all the things and just sampled, ate everything in sight, and loved every minute. I so enjoyed the little stores in small towns and speaking with the owners because they were so proud of their products and produce! I only encountered one rude person down in Marseilles but every other person we met throughout the country were so incredibly kind; of course we learned to say Bonjour! first before speaking to someone and I at least attempted to speak a few words in French, we relied heavily on Google Translate (what a Godsend!). I cannot WAIT to travel again!

895 replies since 6/10/2021, 19:45   115787 views