« Older   Newer »

1. donut-sample1
        +20   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm not sure about Jen and Don. Maybe at one time she loved him. Was she ever in love with him? Who knows.

I think Don gave Jen purpose. To go grocery shopping, change light bulbs, organize this or that, make spinach squares for the family, make Easter bread, host a gathering, make this or that appetizer, decorate for holiday, purchase full size candy bars, go holiday gift shopping, wrap holiday gifts, etc.

Divorce pulled the rug out from the laundry list of activities that gave Jen purpose. She is aimless and directionless, literally and figuratively. She can't focus on one YT path for any period of time - organizing, hauls, Disney, travel, races, changing her channel name, having to put forth a this-is-the-new-theme-for the channel, solo traveler, going on all these trips in the van, tent, shack, now Italy, etc. She doesn't even have her kids for half the time (and maybe that's her self fulfilling prophecy), so how is she going to spend her days?

I think she's basically phoning in her videos. 8 - 10 min clip of her day. 5 hours of exercise/mediation by peloton count. Eating PBJ in hotel by herself. Turned off comments, turned off likes. Oblivious to content suggestions.

Who is her audience in her own mind? Maybe just herself and the few people that give her head pats.

Part 8 – the smile at 4:42. So forced and contrived. Maybe she is trying to will herself into happiness?

She felt like a fish out of water at the hotels. Maybe because most of the hotel guests she observed were traveling with companions and/or families and she was alone. There…she said it. She felt alone by herself. At restaurants. She came across zero solo travelers. She wants to camp if she returns to the area so she won’t have to be subjected to travelers with companions or families.

It is what it is.

898 replies since 29/10/2021, 15:25   92077 views