« Older   Newer »

1.     +11   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Anywho @ 10/29/2021, 05:13 PM) 
    I truly believe that if she researched the trails properly and decided to do some long but simpler hikes, not having to get up at 5 o'clock and eat only one big meal a day, her experience would have been totally different. Trentino-Alto Adige is well known for all the family friendly trails it has, she should have get on the trail by 8:30 after a nice and substantial breakfast, a break mid morning, lunch on the grass or at the rifugio and back at the hotel by 3. A nice bath, a stroll around town and a nice dinner, sometimes even a lazy one in the room watching some Netflix. But she had to show off. She always has to show off, she's really not fine at all and this trip is really disturbing.

And there's the rub. Jen has lost the family-friendly vibe as a solo traveler. She likely would feel like a fish out of water in any area with couples and families.

2.     +35   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    I believe her that she didn’t plan. She took that lady’s itinerary and copied it. So I guess if she didn’t tell her where to find veggies then she didn’t know.

Only an idiot would travel to a foreign country and think she could “wing it” outside of a curated trip by another influencer.

3.     +24   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Her comment about veggies in retaurants : has she been in restaurants in the US???? If you order meat, you bet your ass it's mainly meat, starch, and a few vegetables for good measure, as is extremely common in restaurants all over the western countries to not offer much in terms of fresh vegetables to go with fancy meat courses.

Unless you go to small bistros or cafes, or outright vegan places, it's not an italian thing. Geez. She's such an uncultured traveler.

4.     +45   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Typical narcissist. She thinks she is the sun and the earth revolves around her.
    Her hotel has room service. I looked at the menu, there are some options with lots of vegetables, so I don’t know what the snacking in the room was about. Also I am sure there were sandwich shops and pizza takeout nearby.

So she’s going to become a paragliding instructor and a bike rider now. I wonder what hobby she will take up now, as the weather is getting cold? Ice fisherman, cross country skier, ice road trucker?

5.     +55   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    A long time ago I was with my family dining in Portugal and I told my dad how everybody was staring at me because of my clothes.

He practically slapped me (he didn’t) but he said LOOK AROUND YOU! Everyone is enjoying themselves. He said do you really think you are the focus of these people? They have their own lives. They do not care about you. They are having a wonderful evening, they are not looking at you, get over yourself and have fun!

I did look around. No one was looking at me. They were engaged in their own world. I was a teen but he was right and I will never forget that advice.

Jen, stop caring about what other people think. They really don’t care about you. My dad said so!
    Lol

6.     +22   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I only had a few minutes to squeeze this in so I watched it on 1.75 speed and I will just leave one comment - I'm so glad she had the crying breakdown in the car - that was at least much more entertaining to watch than the last few videos have been.

7.     +55   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Clear signs in this video that she is running away from her home life. She has to 'distract' herself because the children were with their father for 2 weeks. That means she knew her echoey hell-hole of a house that she drifts around in completely alone was going to be horrible for her (she would likely not speak to another human being the entire time, except perhaps her mother). So she has to keep going on expensive vacations. It really is a 1% way of solving the problem that you're an extreme-level loner and nobody likes you.

She really needs to sort her life out. Remember Jen - its the same sad you from before, in Italy.

8.     +8   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    She has lost her mind. Jen on a motorcycle, a new way of spreading your legs Jen? Get a man!

9.     +16   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Notice how it was never Italian waitresses telling her she ordered too much food. No Real D for Jen this trip. All the men she met looked at her with disdain :snickering:

10.     +40   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    If she had a job, staying home without the kids for two weeks wouldn’t be bad, it would be relaxing.

11.     +8   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    CITAZIONE (donut-sample1 @ 29/10/2021, 17:15) 
    CITAZIONE (Anywho @ 10/29/2021, 05:13 PM) 
    I truly believe that if she researched the trails properly and decided to do some long but simpler hikes, not having to get up at 5 o'clock and eat only one big meal a day, her experience would have been totally different. Trentino-Alto Adige is well known for all the family friendly trails it has, she should have get on the trail by 8:30 after a nice and substantial breakfast, a break mid morning, lunch on the grass or at the rifugio and back at the hotel by 3. A nice bath, a stroll around town and a nice dinner, sometimes even a lazy one in the room watching some Netflix. But she had to show off. She always has to show off, she's really not fine at all and this trip is really disturbing.

And there's the rub. Jen has lost the family-friendly vibe as a solo traveler. She likely would feel like a fish out of water in any area with couples and families.

She felt out of water even on vie ferrate and on difficult hikes where she said she only met couples and people hiking with someone (no shit Sherlock...), but at least on simpler ones she would have not come back at the hotel hungry, extremely tired and extremely unhappy. Ok, well, she'll always be extremly unhappy, but not the other two.

12.     +48   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (I love me some me @ 29/10/2021, 17:23) 
    If she had a job, staying home without the kids for two weeks wouldn’t be bad, it would be relaxing.

That's the point. She hasn't built a life for herself. She is just existing in between vacations.

13.     +21   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (sweettreat @ 29/10/2021, 17:07) 
    What the fresh hell does "flopping around in her hotel" mean?!
    Bravo to the Italian waiters for commenting on her food orders haha.

Maybe that she was a Fish Out of Water????

:hearty-laugh:

14.     +11   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status

Or friends! Or a life of any kind!

15.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ComfortablyNumb @ 29/10/2021, 17:17) 
    A long time ago I was with my family dining in Portugal and I told my dad how everybody was staring at me because of my clothes.

He practically slapped me (he didn’t) but he said LOOK AROUND YOU! Everyone is enjoying themselves. He said do you really think you are the focus of these people? They have their own lives. They do not care about you. They are having a wonderful evening, they are not looking at you, get over yourself and have fun!

I did look around. No one was looking at me. They were engaged in their own world. I was a teen but he was right and I will never forget that advice.

Jen, stop caring about what other people think. They really don’t care about you. My dad said so!
    Lol

Yep! THIS! 🤣

898 replies since 29/10/2021, 15:25   92076 views