I’mGoingToTheSummitIOWNCAREifIPlummetLikeJen (#longchamp) Pt. 286

« Older   Newer »

1.     +45   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She hated the Italians because they wouldn’t give her the best seat in the restaurant, even though she hadn’t bothered to book. Imagine her utter contempt for them now that they told her the truth that she orders too much food. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

Italians, I salute you and your honesty!!!

2.     +22   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Land Creature @ 29/10/2021, 17:49) 
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 29/10/2021, 16:30) 
    I am dying. Servers telling her she was ordering too much food :crying: Oink!

AND it ended up not being enough food
    🐷🐖🐷🐖🐷🐖🐷🐖

That was the best part! I’m stunned she left that part in! We’ve always said her portion sizes are huge but it took the Italians to make her wonder about it!
    :snickering:

3.     +46   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    QUOTE (SoothingBalmForAWearySoul @ 10/29/2021, 09:44 AM) 
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 29/10/2021, 16:41) 
    She sounds like my mother in law. Completely hyper focused on her “soloness”. Everyone is being rude to her because she’s solo, everyone is looking at her because she’s solo. Everything is because she’s solo.

She has zero identity outside of having been a wife. And I maintain that’s the true reason for her extreme avoidance of people now. She feels like a loser. She thinks people look down on her. She would never opt to sleep in cars and vans if she was coupled up. It’s hilarious.

And now she is talking about driving through mountains on a motorcycle. She really is looking for something to put her out of her motherhood and solo misery.

I haven’t got to the crying yet but no surprise. Time to go back to being a (part time) mom!

Maybe that’s why she was asking about leather jacket recommendations the other day. The next incarnation of Jen:
    Biker Chick Mama.
    If I could photoshop her on a Harley, I would!

Biking in the wood is MAGICALLLLLLLL!!!!!

biker2

4.     +31   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I'll Jenfend and say that if was skipping meals and having only a bar and an apple while on trail, and doing daily mileage that she was in no way accustomed to, she likely was ravenous and I can totally understand if she ordered two sides and an entree, or two entrees, or whatever. But I'm sure the waiters were probably just wanting to check that they and she understood what she was ordering. That's a very polite thing for a waiter to do when someone clearly is a tourist/doesn't speak the language and is asking for an atypical order. If she had learned a few basic phrases, been gracious to her waiter, and used her phone for translation, I'm sure she would have gotten the meal she wanted and her waiter would have wished her well on her next hike.

I wanted to give her credit for acknowledging that solo dining was hard and uncomfortable for her. It can be (or at least it is for me, but I am a loner like Jen). But it becomes easier and enjoyable with practice. But in typical Jen fashion, rather than do something hard to get better at it, her plan is to avoid it altogether via van camping. And I'm not hating on camping or car camping at all--I do both--but this is such a Jen overreaction to the slightest bit of discomfort.

Edited by SeasonedWood - 10/29/2021, 05:54 PM

5.     +25   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    She wishes her legs look that good…

6.     +34   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    this chick is NEVER going to eat in an Italian restaurant again. she'd rather ship fresh veggies over that you can only find in the U.S 🙄 and eat in her van. no more hotels where couples can stare at her either. she'll be thinking about this for years like the yellow doll room comment

7.     +15   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Are there no grocery stores or produce markets in this part if Italy?

8.     +36   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I am sitting here laughing my ass off at Jen being told she is little Miss Piggy by charming Italian waiters because you know her whole trip was ruined because of that comment.

Even if she was having the best time before (and she wasn’t, anyway), that comment would be enough to send her into a tizzy.

9.     +8   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I have nothing bad to say, but how dare you!

10.     +57   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Her hermitness is scary. She will never make another human connection in her life.

Love that she can't sleep because she cries herself to sleep each night.
    Love that she's so anxious that she gets up at 4am and all her views are ruined by clouds.
    Love that she's forced to be solo and is insanely insecure about it.
    Love that all the waiters told her she's a hog & no one bowed to her highness.

Screen_Shot_2021-10-29_at_10

11.     +41   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 29/10/2021, 17:29) 
    it's clear that she really thought she'd be going to Utah with the fam for years

I think Suz likely did tell her that she's always welcome but of course that would depend on Don and if he was seeing someone. she did *not* anticipate him finding someone right away

time to admit that you were wrong that no one would want big fat Donald and he'd be single forever. create a life of your own that you don't want to constantly run from

I agree, her misery is about knowing that Tensleigh is sat on Jen's Melissa Throne in the log prison, reaping all the benefits of being Don's wife. While Jen hikes alone in the mountains for 10 days. It couldn't be more humiliating for her. She always pretends to cry over the kids but really it's her disbelief that she's not a Ross any more coming through. All these vacations she's doing aren't helping her to find herself... she's just running away from reality. And I bet Don doesn't miss her one bit.

12.     +31   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    There is no way IN HELL that 5 waiters told her she is ordering too much food. Just.No.

I am absolutely sure it's something lost in translation, because precious Jen couldn't be bothered to learn any Italian, or local customs.
    When we go to Eu, and we go often since hubby has relatives all over, and my dad's family is scattered all over Eastern Eu, often in restaurants the waiters like to praise the size of the portions. It's not rare to be told it's enough for 2 people. It's not meant as a judgement, but as a compliment to the restaurant, that the servings are ample. It's a cultural thing.

She is a moron. A self centered moron, to boot. A dangerous combo.

13.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 29/10/2021, 17:35) 
    And you know what? It’s not unheard of for servers to give you feedback about portion sizes. It goes both ways. Sometimes they’ll say fyi - that’s a small plate and only comes with 3 pieces or whatever. Other times they’ll say those are both generous portions and it’s fine if you’re hungry and up for it but they just want to let you know so it doesn’t go to waste. It’s not something to have a breakdown over. You either take their advice or you don’t. She’s just incredibly insecure.

Yep my thoughts exactly but Jen had to take it negatively because she's a loon

14.     +55   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Walking distance from Cody Boo and Peloton Studios.

Status
    Our gal:
    Officially the ONLY person on earth who has ever bitched about the food in Italy.

15.     +37   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It’s almost as if she didn’t think thru what divorce meant

Yeah- Don has the kids 50 % of the time

898 replies since 29/10/2021, 15:25   92076 views