ConstantlyChangingTheNarrativeToSuitHerSelfishWhimsLikeJen Pt 289

« Older   Newer »

1.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I’m glad I wasn’t the only one thinking how weird it was that there were no handmade by kids or “special” ornaments on that tree. Would it kill her to take them to Target or Michaels or Macy’s or something to pick out some special ornaments?

I have all of “my” ornaments from when I was a kid - everything I made as a kid. My kids make ornaments and every year we go shopping for their ornament of the year, something to signify that year for each individual kid. Then when they move out and have a tree of their own, they have ornaments to start with.

She truly is the worst. Like, I get it, some kids don’t have a tree at all, or they have a broken tree that a rich lady gifted to them via her lawn service guy or whatever, but it’s like she intentionally has exactly zero fun with those kids.

2.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I’m all for having a “pretty” stylized tree. I have a tree in my living room that’s mine to decorate in a more intentional and styled way. Then we have a tree in our bedroom that’s bursting with all of our sentimental ornaments. We do family movie nights and open stockings in that room. It’s great. I do this because I have our living room tree up from November-January and I like it to be more simple and coordinately styled so it doesn’t feel like clutter. Also, because my dog (ever an idiot) can’t be trusted with full-access to the sentimental ornaments 😂

Jen’s tree isn’t even stylish. It’s just boring with bland baubles. So why not throw on all of the fun ornaments? She used to do her woodland Martha Stewart tree and a sentimental tree. The concept shouldn’t be foreign to her. She has enough room and crap for 7 damn trees.

3.     +11   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    In my new kitchen playing with my new plants in their new planters on my new counters in my new home that D*** bought me

Status
    Anonymous
    Watching Gene makes me thankful that my parents gave me a normal childhood and decorated the tree and made holiday memories without the need of plastering us all over social media. There were "home videos" made by my dad, but those are for family only.

Sorry Gene, this isn't impressive at all.

4.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Every time I see those kids watching TV from 20 feet across the room, I want to scream. 🙄

5.     +33   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 14/11/2021, 00:18) 
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 13/11/2021, 19:20) 
    I might be in the minority here but I agree with Scary Mommy's post. Losing ones virginity for boys still doesn't hold the same significance as for girls. And life achievements for boys are still held at a higher aim, then for girls. It's better than it was but we still need to fight for a lot more.

As for her Insta post, she has those kids for a precious little time. You'd think she would skip her cherished exercise when they are awake and do it while they nap or later in the evening. But no.Jen is always first on Jen's list.

See? I don’t get it. I’m 43, and always knew that whatever I wanted to be, I could be. I don’t even remember it being specifically taught to me or any of my friends, it was just there. It was always just accepted as fact, and in school the girls were usually the smarter ones anyway.
    Has something changed? Because I’ve never seen anyone tell a girl that they couldn’t be what they want to be.

Has something changed? Lol where do you live? I’m a 29 year old woman and was told and implied to that I couldn’t be what I wanted. At 8 I was laughed at for wanting to be the first female president. My teacher said “well good luck honey, you’ll be the first” while literally laughing in my face. By senior year I was told by MANY advisors to drop my engineering dreams because it was a male dominated field. I was told that doing business wasn’t a good choice, I would be better in a lab. In college, my advisors preached the same thing. When I joined the workforce I was told they passed on me for the role due to my impending maternity leave as soon as I showed up to work with an engagement ring on. I wasn’t even married at the time nor pregnant. And now as an adult I’m told I can’t be a good mom, a boss, and good wife at the same time. But lucky you. You’ve somehow avoided all types of gender bias your entire life. Wow.

6.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    Why does the TV look square? Is she using the .5 wide angle on her phone? And the painters tape around the fireplace? What could that possibly be for? The kids get bored? The TV placement is the most ridiculous thing ever. Remember in RM1 the kids' little sofa was off to the side as well.. their little necks craning to watch while eating. Is this possibly a Montessori thing? Not making TV a central point? Like in Waldorf they strongly having no TV. I mean, it's probably just Jen being Jen but one can wonder.

7.     +26   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 11/13/2021, 03:18 PM) 
    I might be in the minority here but I agree with Scary Mommy's post. Losing ones virginity for boys still doesn't hold the same significance as for girls. And life achievements for boys are still held at a higher aim, then for girls. It's better than it was but we still need to fight for a lot more.

As for her Insta post, she has those kids for a precious little time. You'd think she would skip her cherished exercise when they are awake and do it while they nap or later in the evening. But no.Jen is always first on Jen's list.

See? I don’t get it. I’m 43, and always knew that whatever I wanted to be, I could be. I don’t even remember it being specifically taught to me or any of my friends, it was just there. It was always just accepted as fact, and in school the girls were usually the smarter ones anyway.
    Has something changed? Because I’ve never seen anyone tell a girl that they couldn’t be what they want to be.

What we tell girls and what reality is are 2 different things. Of course I tell my daughter she can be whatever she wants to be. My mother told me the same thing. But as I was growing up, reality wasn't exactly what they told me it would be. It's still very much a man's world out there.
    You will be allowed to reach a certain level but that glass ceiling is pretty thick. So thick, that anytime a woman breaks through it, it's breaking news.

8.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    QUOTE (JoiRisen @ 11/14/2021, 04:29 AM) 
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 14/11/2021, 00:18) 

Has something changed? Lol where do you live? I’m a 29 year old woman and was told and implied to that I couldn’t be what I wanted. At 8 I was laughed at for wanting to be the first female president. My teacher said “well good luck honey, you’ll be the first” while literally laughing in my face. By senior year I was told by MANY advisors to drop my engineering dreams because it was a male dominated field. I was told that doing business wasn’t a good choice, I would be better in a lab. In college, my advisors preached the same thing. When I joined the workforce I was told they passed on me for the role due to my impending maternity leave as soon as I showed up to work with an engagement ring on. I wasn’t even married at the time nor pregnant. And now as an adult I’m told I can’t be a good mom, a boss, and good wife at the same time. But lucky you. You’ve somehow avoided all types of gender bias your entire life. Wow.

Interesting. That's too bad and I'm curious where you experienced this. I'm 50 and was born and raised in CA and didn't experience anything like this. I went through several majors (including architecture) and wasn't told my gender was of any concern. I chose another field but my best friend at the time went for architectural engineering with no issue. I had several other female friends who were pre-med and pre-dent. I'm sorry you had a different experience. I wonder if it depends on location and culture. Where I live now (the south) I could see your experience happening, especially 20 years ago.

9.     +11   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Things are better than they were, no one is disputing that. Heck, 30% of self made billionaires globally are women. This would have been unheard of mere 20 years ago.
    Better. But still nowhere near optimal.
    You all talk about doctors, engineers, dentists. These are garden variety professions nowadays.
    How about the military? Politics? If you think things are much better there than they were, you will be sorely mistaken.

10.     +6   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    😂🤣😂🤣 I cannot. Apparently helping yourself counts, right?

(Sorry if posted. I’m a day behind but quickly looked through new posts and didn’t see this.)
    Attached Image
    5AEB0688-15D4-49E8-AC66-7848420062F4

11.     +11   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    As much money as she blows on dumb shit - she can’t get a big tv so at least they don’t have to squint at it from 20 feet away?

12.     +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PeletonPatreon @ 11/14/2021, 12:21 AM) 
    A year and a half later and her ballroom is still empty. What is wrong with her?

The only thing I can think of in terms of why she doesn't do anything with the front room is because she doesn't want to make any decisions. Or making a commitment of what to do with that space feels overwhelming to her. That's one of the reasons why she would rather escape from the house when she can.

When Mr. Collective and I got a divorce, I took half of the furniture we had and it took a little while to work through my mental and emotional crap. Once I started to realize I deserved a nice home that had things that inspired me or made me feel happy, I made my house a home. The thing is, I don't have kids. It was just me and the cat. So there was no hurry.

The thing is, she would start to feel so much better if she actually turned her house into a home. I think the front room would make for a great room for books, puzzles, games and a nice place to read next to the window.

Also, the way her family room is arranged makes me rage. Everything is so disconnected. There has to be a better way! Right now, she is doing barely "good enough". She is definitely not bringing her best to her kids or her home, in that order. All of this alone time is not helping, it's hurting her and her kids. But she doesn't care.

13.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 11/13/2021, 06:18 PM) 

I'm 65 and my Dad always said I could be anything I wanted to be. He hoped I would be a doctor because I liked biology from 3rd grade through college and he said you'll make $$$. He hoped I wouldn't major in art because he worried I wouldn't make a living but he didn't forbid it. My Mom didn't really have an opinion but she never said anything to discourage me. My parents didn't go to college so it's interesting that they didn't think girls were "limited" even back in the 1960s and 1970s.

14.     +8   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Another year, and little feet get to freeze on a hardwood floor.

15.     +20   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    QUOTE (ContributeToTheCollective @ 14/11/2021, 05:31) 
    When Mr. Collective and I got a divorce, I took half of the furniture we had and it took a little while to work through my mental and emotional crap. Once I started to realize I deserved a nice home that had things that inspired me or made me feel happy, I made my house a home.

Yep, when the first Mr. Narc and I split I was a wreck…for about 6 months. Then I got my shit together, redid the bedding and drapes in the bedroom to make it “mine” since it wasn’t “ours” anymore, made some updates to other rooms, colored my hair and got in shape (but not by working out at 4am!)
    Jen’s had 2 years to wallow in self pity. It’s time to pull herself up by her fucking bootstraps and get on with life already.

951 replies since 8/11/2021, 21:03   126693 views