ConstantlyChangingTheNarrativeToSuitHerSelfishWhimsLikeJen Pt 289

« Older   Newer »

1.     +27   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    she's just a nasty unhappy woman and it's almost like she wants her children to be unhappy with her
    She can't seem to find happiness so she refuses to bring joy into anyone else's life

2.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Waiting for the Pirate PoPo to beat down my door and press charges. Still waiting...

Status
    QUOTE (Beetrix @ 11/12/2021, 03:28 PM) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 12/11/2021, 15:09) 
    I know there’s huge furniture delays still. What’s the lead time on pottery barn right now? Although I’m not sure that would influence her enough not to buy PB?

My son & DIL ordered 2 sofas from pottery barn this spring- took 6 weeks
    It’s probably worse now

My mom just bought a large sectional from Ashley Homestore and it's on a 4 month backorder. She ordered beds from a local furniture store and they were delivered the next day.

3.     +26   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 14/11/2021, 04:38) 
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 11/13/2021, 03:18 PM) 
    See? I don’t get it. I’m 43, and always knew that whatever I wanted to be, I could be. I don’t even remember it being specifically taught to me or any of my friends, it was just there. It was always just accepted as fact, and in school the girls were usually the smarter ones anyway.
    Has something changed? Because I’ve never seen anyone tell a girl that they couldn’t be what they want to be.

What we tell girls and what reality is are 2 different things. Of course I tell my daughter she can be whatever she wants to be. My mother told me the same thing. But as I was growing up, reality wasn't exactly what they told me it would be. It's still very much a man's world out there.
    You will be allowed to reach a certain level but that glass ceiling is pretty thick. So thick, that anytime a woman breaks through it, it's breaking news.

Completely agree with everything you said. It's naive to think we have a level playing field. I know of many prominent women in tech who were subject to harassment and threats of physical violence simply for being women with a voice. You don't know until you know. We have a long way to go. One person's personal anecdote of success doesn't negate that reality.

4.     +13   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    waiting for more pretties to be cast off in rage

Status
    QUOTE (martiniflightlikedon @ 14/11/2021, 06:14) 
    she's just a nasty unhappy woman and it's almost like she wants her children to be unhappy with her
    She can't seem to find happiness so she refuses to bring joy into anyone else's life

It’s really as simple as this. Gene isn’t deep.

5.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Narcissism101 @ 14/11/2021, 06:11) 
    QUOTE (ContributeToTheCollective @ 14/11/2021, 05:31) 
    When Mr. Collective and I got a divorce, I took half of the furniture we had and it took a little while to work through my mental and emotional crap. Once I started to realize I deserved a nice home that had things that inspired me or made me feel happy, I made my house a home.

Yep, when the first Mr. Narc and I split I was a wreck…for about 6 months. Then I got my shit together, redid the bedding and drapes in the bedroom to make it “mine” since it wasn’t “ours” anymore, made some updates to other rooms, colored my hair and got in shape (but not by working out at 4am!)
    Jen’s had 2 years to wallow in self pity. It’s time to pull herself up by her fucking bootstraps and get on with life already.

All Jen’s identity is is either being coldly controlling while spinning the narrative to suit her needs or victimizing herself and wallowing in self-pity. To her, this is getting on with her life and that’s the scary/sad part.

6.     +48   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Is this the same woman who said she was done showing her kids on social media??

7.     +16   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Remember the Gratitude Journal she wrote in religiously every night?

I think it must have been abandoned.

Writing a GJ would stop her from continually wallowing in self pity.

Yes, it's two years since she filed for divorce.
    We know now from the vlogs the marriage was over in the Spring of 2019.

However, since she had planned on divorcing Don for years this woe is me persona is wearing very thin.

Time to move on Jen. Don has gone and isn't coming back.

She got that house thinking that Don would come back to her and that they would start again there. That is why she holds such contempt for the house.

So sell the house and buy another.
    You have very little in the house to move since you have never really moved in to start with. It is unloved and bereft of attention.

8.     +9   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 14/11/2021, 06:27) 
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 14/11/2021, 04:38) 
    What we tell girls and what reality is are 2 different things. Of course I tell my daughter she can be whatever she wants to be. My mother told me the same thing. But as I was growing up, reality wasn't exactly what they told me it would be. It's still very much a man's world out there.
    You will be allowed to reach a certain level but that glass ceiling is pretty thick. So thick, that anytime a woman breaks through it, it's breaking news.

Completely agree with everything you said. It's naive to think we have a level playing field. I know of many prominent women in tech who were subject to harassment and threats of physical violence simply for being women with a voice. You don't know until you know. We have a long way to go. One person's personal anecdote of success doesn't negate that reality.

My husband raises a good point, that whilst there is a lot of difficulty for women in the world, part of the problem is that often when women do manage to break through the glass ceiling they pull the ladder up after them, rather than supporting other women to climb up it and join them.

I think another part of the problem is when there are ratio based recruitment strategies (eg x% of the board have to be women). Whilst it is a great token, it also needs to be merit based or it ends up being seen as a joke which then makes it even harder for the women to make a mark.

Also contributing to women not progressing in our careers is that often childcare falls back to us, so we can’t (don’t want to) do the 12 hour days or whatever it is some of the blokes do to make it to the top

9.     +5   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Is she wearing her workout leggings while watching the movie?? Why not shower and change!! 🤢

Also, what is she drinking in the can with the straw? I can’t make out the words.

10.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I just can't with her poorly decorated tree, non decorated house, not even a few books a plant and/or a pretty candle on the ugly coffee table, a pretty tray....nothing.
    I kept thinking maybe just maybe she was having her backyard worked on while she was traveling and an interior designer getting the house put together before the holidays.
    Now, I think just get a bigger TV, get rid of the hideous brown chairs, fill the front room with toys and call it a day.
    She is such a waste and those poor children deserve so much better.

11.     +10   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It’s Saturday morning
    These kids are lying on a hard faux wood floor in very bright light ,right after they woke up
    Why can’t she see this is CRAZY?????
    She thinks it’s AMUSING???!!!!!!
    Attached Image
    8A3AE0F0-6227-4032-B2A3-C15E8E549F79

12.     +18   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Wow, we finally get a glimpse of that empty “ballroom” again.

Where is the hoard from RM1???

:nervous:

13.     +17   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Willingly setting an alarm for 4 am when there is no need too says a lot.

14.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 14/11/2021, 13:29) 
    Wow, we finally get a glimpse of that empty “ballroom” again.

Where is the hoard from RM1???

:nervous:

In the basement

15.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I’m also thinking that front room is Part of her public persona. I would hope but she actually has a real room but she watches TV with the kids in. Do you know one where the kids can actually see the freaking TV

951 replies since 8/11/2021, 21:03   126694 views