Eamon and Bec

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I’m not sure I would’ve gone to another country in a pandemic if I possibly had any stage of cancer. Getting stuck there and not being able to receive treatment. My heart goes out to her.
    I’m glad she was watching herself and caught it when she did.

2.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Hope23 @ 2/1/2022, 09:11 PM) 
    I’m not sure I would’ve gone to another country in a pandemic if I possibly had any stage of cancer. Getting stuck there and not being able to receive treatment. My heart goes out to her.
    I’m glad she was watching herself and caught it when she did.

I think the morrocco trip was always about just recovering the van, getting it into that shop there to have some body work and repainted, I don't think they ever planned on staying. Sometimes it's hard to tell the order in which things are filmed with them, they have like an actual editor and production person don't they? I'm not sure I understand how they make enough $$ to do the things they do on one video a week and selling Chai?

But I am keeping her in my prayers. I hated to hear that she's going to lose her hair, and have to endure all of this at her age. Good thing they are freezing her eggs and such, since it's an estrogen fed cancer I'm assuming a full hysterectomy is next.

3.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I think she was told it was Stage Zero (a misdiagnosis) first — so they planned to continue in Africa and such. Once they were back in Canada for the holidays, they learned she was actually Stage 3.

4.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    It's very sobering isn't it? She's 30, vegetarian, regular exerciser....for all intents and purposes the picture of health.

I know most of The Bakery is just supposed to be gossip and snarking, but I'm rather fond of Bec. I know by saying that I'm opening myself up to be roasted alive for "not hating" on someone, but I wish I had been that brave and lived some life while I still could.

5.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Their IG this past weekend said she's already lost all her hair. It's so sad.

6.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I feel awful for her. But they are still harping on the fact they have no idea how she got the cancer because she’s organic vegan.
    Even the healthiest people get cancer. It doesn’t care what you eat. I do hope she consults with her doctor about the proper diet during her chemo treatments. I know they make you super weak and I worry she may not get enough protein and certain nutrients.
    Breast cancer is often a genetic cause.
    My other issue is them plugging a sponsor on this video.

7.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Yeah, doing a "health" related sponsorship is not a good look.

I cannot imagine how scary her cancer diagnosis is, especially given the specifics of it. I think it's natural to wonder how you could have prevented it and anyone would do the same.

Is travel vlogging their only source of income? I think they sell merch, too, but do they have any other businesses? I would be terrified about losing the YT revenue stream.

8.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 21/2/2022, 17:34) 
    Yeah, doing a "health" related sponsorship is not a good look.

I cannot imagine how scary her cancer diagnosis is, especially given the specifics of it. I think it's natural to wonder how you could have prevented it and anyone would do the same.

Is travel vlogging their only source of income? I think they sell merch, too, but do they have any other businesses? I would be terrified about losing the YT revenue stream.

They have their tea company, but I don’t think that makes much since they aren’t going to trade shows to sell it. I’m not sure they even still plug their tea, so maybe they don’t own it anymore. Is Bob still working it?

I didn’t like the placement of the athletic greens commercial but this is this their source of revenue, so I get it.

9.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I couldn't really hear clearly what the person on the phone was saying to her, but I did hear them say something like "you didn't cause this"...did you guys hear that too? But that they were going to look further into the family tree? That leads me to think they see a genetic marker, so her extended family would benefit from knowing if they are carrying that gene.

I admit, as much as I have loved their channel, I forwarded thru the Athletic Green portion. I get it, they really HAVE to earn a living, and being YTers is their main jig, but I felt like...geeesh....they have been drinking this stuff for a few years, and she still got sick...????

Maybe it wasn't the right moment?

The other thing that perplexed me was sitting in the kitchen floor throwing up into the bowl? When my sister's chemo treatment was at it's hardest we made her a comfortable sitting area in the big bathroom - but that was just us - others wont' agree with that solution. I was a tad worried she got into the kitchen and was literally too weak to get to bed.

10.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Yeah,
    The Greens was too much. Also showing the pee and puking.

11.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I teared up a couple times at the hair vlog, that is sad for any woman. I know he's trying to be supportive, but Eamon could tone down the (toxic) positivity a bit. It feels invalidating at times, so I hope she's got a good therapist to speak to. I think she did a sponsorship for Betterhelp or something.

12.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I haven't had time to watch it yet, do I need to keep my hankie handy?

And I can say I've noticed his over the top positivity - sometimes you just need someone to validate your feelings and say "you are right, this f'n sucks"

13.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    It has to be hard. You want to be the positive light for them but also don’t want them to feel like you don’t understand. I had to stop after awhile. It was too real and hit close to home. My aunt battled ovarian cancer twice. The second time it made her mental health and memory decline so quickly as she was in her 70’s. So the hair loss bit brought back how I slowly lost my shunt.

14.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I've been offline for a couple of months, just now catching up. Have been trying to keep up with them on IG, are they not making many YT videos now? Isn't that an important revenue stream?

15.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Bec was diagnosed with breast cancer. While she undergoes treatment, they scale back on videos.

127 replies since 11/11/2021, 22:07   22857 views