This website is acting up again.

FE955919-F4A2-4E98-AE74-A4035650B4F1

3.     +23   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    So I was already disturbed by parts of the interview with Adele the other night. Loved the concert.... loved, loved, loved it! But now after seeing this interview with GD, I understand more about Adele's reasons for divorcing her husband. It was painful to watch her talk about how when her son asked her "why don't you love Daddy any more?" she said "I do love him, I'm just not IN love with him". HOW is a 6 year old (her son's age at that time) supposed to understand that?

I still love Adele, but it's frightening that even someone with her resources and experience was taken in by Glennon's toxic bovine excrement.

Jen with her much more narrow life experience did not stand a chance in the face of someone offering her a false sense of hope that she can remain a child and honor her feelings despite the obvious fact that most adults understand---our feelings are not facts, and they are not a reliable barometer that what we are doing is correct.

Screen_Shot_2021-11-19_at_10

4.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 11/19/2021, 11:08 AM) 
    QUOTE (RikkiJones @ 19/11/2021, 18:07) 
    This website is acting up again.

FE955919-F4A2-4E98-AE74-A4035650B4F1

😂😂😂

5.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Walking distance from Cody Boo and Peloton Studios.

Status
    QUOTE (Clueless @ 11/19/2021, 12:15 PM) 
    So I was already disturbed by parts of the interview with Adele the other night. Loved the concert.... loved, loved, loved it! But now after seeing this interview with GD, I understand more about Adele's reasons for divorcing her husband. It was painful to watch her talk about how when her son asked her "why don't you love Daddy any more?" she said "I do love him, I'm just not IN love with him". HOW is a 6 year old (her son's age at that time) supposed to understand that?

I still love Adele, but it's frightening that even someone with her resources and experience was taken in by Glennon's toxic bovine excrement.

Jen with her much more narrow life experience did not stand a chance in the face of someone offering her a false sense of hope that she can remain a child and honor her feelings despite the obvious fact that most adults understand---our feelings are not facts, and they are not a reliable barometer that what we are doing is correct.

I could not have expressed this better. Spot on!

6.     +19   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 19/11/2021, 18:00) 
    Why do we always assume mental illness, depression or any other healthcare related issues?
    Some people are who they are. They can be tweaked a little, they can learn a little, but they are essentially what they will be till the grave.

Selfishness is not a mental illness. Sometimes it's innate, sometimes it's learned.
    Privilege and entitlement alike.
    Jen needs to face reality, and get over herself, but this will not be fixed with meds.Perhaps therapy, but therapy cannot change someone's personality.

Narcissism IS a mental illness. Does she have a clinical case? Not for me to decide. But like FP said, until she acknowledges there’s an issue to be fixed and get a real analysis, then she’s just an asshole.

7.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Doughy @ 11/19/2021, 06:17 PM) 
    QUOTE (Clueless @ 11/19/2021, 12:15 PM) 

I could not have expressed this better. Spot on!

I am here for the vocab lesson!

8.     +17   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I lost some respect for Adele after watching that interview.

9.     +29   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    She won't post in real time because it's 'unsafe'. But she'll camp out by herself, in a flimsy tent, under a tree, in the middle of nowhere, and out of reach for her family and kids. #JenLogic

10.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    inside Jen's Lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (WhereDoesDaddySleep @ 11/19/2021, 04:57 PM) 
    I giffed her claymation forehead:
    giphy

OMFG the best!

giphy

OMFG the best!

touching up is one thing a full filter that makes you look like clay is another. It's just too obvious.

giphy

OMFG the best!

touching up is one thing a full filter that makes you look like clay is another. It's just too obvious.

giphy

OMFG the best!

11.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (WhereDoesDaddySleep @ 19/11/2021, 16:57) 
    giphy

Time for Botox Jen

12.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    inside Jen's Lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag

Status
    Anonymous
    giphy

OMFG the best!

13.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    What GD is preaching is how to be selfish. Ick!

14.     +13   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (WhereDoesDaddySleep @ 11/19/2021, 10:28 AM) 
    I was thinking more about GD, and her appeal. I think it comes down to, giving people an outlet to admit they hate their lives, yet absolving them from taking responsibility for the choices that got them there.

She gets a bit of leeway herself, being a lesbian married to a man in a conservative environment. (But then again, she’s the one who marketed herself as a Christian mommy blogger, so…)
    The problem is her childish ego, and the assumption that what’s true for her must be true for others.

It's interesting that the people who follow her have lived thru 1, 2, even 3 generations of the women's movement. Yet, as soon as any Glennon type shows up and essentially insists that women are inherently weak and therefore must be 'empowered' (thru the purchase of her books, of course), they flock to it and eat it up as if they need it to live. Jen is Glennon's dream customer.

15.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (RikkiJones @ 19/11/2021, 18:04) 
    Jen never matured. She didn't have to. Don doted on her like she was a little girl. Even having babies didn't mature her. And now...bam...Don left her and she doesn't know how to act. She will cling on to anything that will get her some attention. You'd think the whole divorce debacle would have matured her. Maybe on some level, it did. But she still doesn't know how to live her life. She lives on fantasies. Spoiled little rich girl.

I'm not sure she matured so much as became bitter about it.

890 replies since 14/11/2021, 23:13   105108 views