Anonymous
    Wow she's so ridiculous now. I feel bad for the kids

2.     +9   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    If you're hiking, you don't have to take a shower. If you wear a hat, you don't have to do your hair. If you use a filter, you don't have to do your makeup or make yourself presentable for the camera.

3.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    She needs to get Botox now before those wrinkles freeze that way. I speak from experience.

4.     +17   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    The only thing I want to add to the GD conversation is, I think her appeal comes from the fact that many people (women) feel let down and frustrated by their life and relationships. She gives them permission to say they need or deserve more. It's the patriarchy that has let them down and oppressed them. (Let me just say, I think we need to do better as a society to ensure people have a chance to live up to their potential.).

But the problem I have with her work is the deflection of blame, it's society that put you in a cage. No GD, society may have influenced your decision, but we all make our own choices freely. We all have our own motivations for doing things. We all have parts of ourselves that really aren't that great or very nice.

It's like blaming your parents for your lot in life. Yes, they influenced your sense of self and identity, but as you grow up and move away, you begin to let go of what no longer works for you. You realize your parents have their own crap. And in a dysfunctional family you start realize your parents projected their own crap on you, but that doesn't mean that is who you are. Once you realize what that is, you are free to be yourself.

Boundaries are important, but setting boundaries is not the same as being selfish. Boundaries are when you decide how much you are willing to give to another person before you start to expect something in return. Or the limit to which you can authentically give before you start to resent doing so.

There is a self serving aspect to GD's work that really grinds my gears. She seems to be full of her own self importance that if you can't serve her in the way she wants. you don't matter. That's the problem many of her "followers" will consistently face. The let down of others not meeting their expectations, and thus they should be discarded. Leaving many of her followers felling angry and alone again and again. But don't worry someone else is to blame for their misery.

When in reality, they have their own flaws that others have to deal with and accept. If her followers really want to have a healthy relationship they have to be willing to give at least as much as they take. But there are people who find it more comfortable to sit in their own stink of misery than face the fact they are the architect of their own life, for better and for worse.

5.     +22   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    In my new kitchen playing with my new plants in their new planters on my new counters in my new home that D*** bought me

Status
    Anonymous
    The girl that I am covering mat leave for came by the office last week for a visit with her baby the other day. She said she will be coming to our company holiday gathering and then added, "I'm coming to the party sans baby. I'm untamed."

I gave her a side-eye that would rival CC. LMAO

6.     +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Breakdown @ 11/19/2021, 11:21 AM) 
    I lost some respect for Adele after watching that interview.

I still have tremendous respect for her talent and the hard work to get where she is. But, and this is my cynicism coming out loud and clear, I suspect that in 5 years she will find herself with another child or two and divorced yet again unless she realizes that GD lied to her and that marriage is not about feelings. I hope I'm wrong because I really do like her and wish her well.

And I have a headache from pondering the ego boost that GD got from Adele saying that her book changed her life.

Like Good Ol’ Suze said upthread, GD is just monetizing the cycle. Shame on her.

7.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 19/11/2021, 18:48) 
    She needs to get Botox now before those wrinkles freeze that way. I speak from experience.

Our "I'm vegan when I want to be" Jen can't have Botox as it isn't vegan.....

8.     +9   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    QUOTE (ConfusedLikeJen @ 19/11/2021, 19:28) 
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 19/11/2021, 18:48) 

Our "I'm vegan when I want to be" Jen can't have Botox as it isn't vegan.....

The lying liar who lies will get Botox and just lie about it.

9.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    waiting for more pretties to be cast off in rage

Status
    QUOTE (ContributeToTheCollective @ 19/11/2021, 19:03) 
    But there are people who find it more comfortable to sit in their own stink of misery than face the fact they are the architect of their own life, for better and for worse.

If this sentence isn’t a perfect description of Gene, for more than one reason!

49809186-7658-4937-9DD3-77A65C24B11B

10.     +17   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Since we’re almost to thread titles:

DoesABearShitInTheWoodsLikeJen?

47-C4-DF2-F-1351-4838-AC16-220-BF037-A604

11.     +15   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    WinnieThePoopLikeJen

12.     +27   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Bumping this, from page 21 from Land Creature

0C258E41-2DFB-4C74-99BB-A8C619DC73FB

13.     +6   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 11/19/2021, 06:00 PM) 
    Why do we always assume mental illness, depression or any other healthcare related issues?
    Some people are who they are. They can be tweaked a little, they can learn a little, but they are essentially what they will be till the grave.

Selfishness is not a mental illness. Sometimes it's innate, sometimes it's learned.
    Privilege and entitlement alike.
    Jen needs to face reality, and get over herself, but this will not be fixed with meds.Perhaps therapy, but therapy cannot change someone's personality.

Yes this some people are assholes and will be their whole lives.

14.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Making myself feel better by spewing negativity

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (zizizouzou @ 11/19/2021, 02:49 PM) 
    Bumping this, from page 21 from Land Creature

0C258E41-2DFB-4C74-99BB-A8C619DC73FB

Yes! That'll chap her ample ass.

15.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    BerthaGene, I just wanted to say hello as we have similar names!

890 replies since 14/11/2021, 23:13   105108 views