Jen Rewatch, Part 11: VlogidaysOrVlogicagedLikeJen

« Older   Newer »

1. BowlingForSnark
        +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    "Maybe you should put some shorts on or something if you want to keep fighting evil today."

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (jsym @ 12/11/2021, 06:06 PM) 
    And I really hate the Martha Stewart tree/ornaments. Nothing says Merry Christmas like mushroom ornaments

Years ago, when Martha Stewart partnered with K-Mart/Sears, yes, K-Mart, she had the nicest Christmas collections. I still have some beautiful ornaments and decorations. I never really liked her Christmas stuff once she moved to Macy's.

I remember that jsym, and I still have some of the things I bought then too. I have always been super into vintage (or reproduction vintage) holiday decor and many of those pre-Macy's Martha Stewart ornaments & decor were styled after real vintage ornaments. Some even had heavy metal tops & resembled old German kugels.

In a little defense of the mushroom as Christmas decor, in Germany and Eastern Europe the mushroom has been used since at least the late 1800s, first as cotton batting ornaments and then blown glass ornaments. My mother has several really old ones of both types since she started collecting vintage & antique German ornaments back in the late 50s after she & my father got engaged.

Of course Jen probably bought her Martha Stewart items because she felt that there was some cachet in having things with the MS name attached. :rolleyes:

902 replies since 10/12/2021, 20:26   96749 views