Nothing to eat, just mystery meat. But don’t tell your doc, he’ll say it’s a crock (of sh%t).” 300 blazers a minimalist makes? She pretends to give, but only takes. Pt. 72

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Isn’t Will a senior? I don’t really care she just hasn’t mentioned him graduating.

2.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Yes, Will is a senior. If he is going to college, he should be hearing soon about what colleges he got into it. However, since there has been no mention of it, I doubt he is going away to college. Maybe he might be doing a local school and still living at home. Too bad. The best thing that he could do would be to get out of that house.

Lisa is seriously living in make believe, fantasy land. She is like a little kid who has to play dress up and put on make up each day. Yet, she doesn't go anywhere where she even needs the clothes she wears and the overdone makeup.

3.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Will is going to go to college, we just won't hear about it. John went to college and that family very much appears to be of the mindset that men do whatever they have to, to be 'earners' while women rely on the men for all the major bills, but have side 'hustles' (aka her mom's dog grooming business and Lisa's sewing)

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at UNC Wilmington, in a dorm, but with Lisa checking on him a few times a week. Much to his embarrassment.

4.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I sure hope he lives in a dorm. That would be the best thing for him to get out from that dysfunctional household.

5.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    There is no way Will is going to college, let alone live on campus. The kid can’t even drive himself to school now! Besides, College cost money and you can’t bet your ass Lisa will never spend that kind of money on anyone but herself! Nope, not happening…..

6.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CathyW55 @ 3/4/2022, 08:30 PM) 
    There is no way Will is going to college, let alone live on campus. The kid can’t even drive himself to school now! Besides, College cost money and you can’t bet your ass Lisa will never spend that kind of money on anyone but herself! Nope, not happening…..

I've said it before, and I'll repeat it again: it's NOT Lisa who sustains the costs of that household, it's 100% John. And ALLLLLL the money that Lisa makes PLUS whatever John GIVES her is what she spends. She doesn't touch money that she hasn't been explicitly told is "hers".

Will's tuition--per Lisa's thinking--will be defined as a "household" expense, and thus something that John will be paying for. This is in part why I find John retiring early so perplexing (all the couples I know in their age range, who have college-age range kids, tend to wait until the kids are done college before they retire unless the kids are 100% removed from the house and not relying on the parents for anything; which is NOT the case with Lisa's children).

The reason Brooke isn't pursuing further education isn't that her parents won't help her pay for it, but because she had negative experiences in middle and high school, and she's been able to keep up a pretty nice lifestyle with only a bartending/waitressing job. We've also received absolutely no clues that Lisa/John actively discouraged her from going to college or even something like "beauty school" (which Lisa mentioned at one point she was going to do. And I actually believe her that this was the intention), but we have been given plenty of clues that Lisa doesn't force her kids to do anything that they consider 'hard' or that is outside of their comfort zone (which going to beauty school would have been for Brooke, since she can't stand school)

7.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CathyW55 @ 4/3/2022, 20:30) 

I doubt it as well. You never hear about college from Lisa for her children, and she doesn’t value a higher degrees. Remember they are a family of entrepreneurs!!

8.     Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Tittieuptittiedown @ 3/3/2022, 16:39) 
    The jowls are starting to hang. Time for a neck lift. And that awful eyeliner. Whew!!!

I have to say, as much I love your post, your username is drop dead 💀 hilarious 🤣

Edited by Anniegirl87 - 3/4/2022, 08:48 PM

9.     +6   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    There’s nothing wrong with parents buying their adult children gifts, however Lisa has a shopping addiction. Her parents are condoning and enabling Lisa’s addiction.

10.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I think it's odd that parents buy rings for a middle aged daughter when she's very well off? Rings are very personal and need fitting.

Just like sunglasses and shoes and lipstick. Who buys others these items? It's very weird to me.

And she says "anyone would love these sunglasses and they make nice gifts"??? :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

11.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Not everyone should go to college but Lisa has made comments in the past and it’s very clear that she doesn’t encourage it at all. As a parent she should’ve encouraged beauty school or at least try one year of college, even if it was community college just to see if she liked it. College is a lot different than middle school and high school and some kids thrive when they go to college. As far as Willis concerned, I don’t know much about him but she has mentioned that he’s very intelligent and likes school and does well with virtual learning. Sounds to me like he should try college for sure. Again not every child needs to go to college but there is really no family business except for YouTube and if they want to be entrepreneurs they should help them start their own business if that’s what they are encouraging.

Not sure why John retired, but I am thinking that he might have been forced to retire early.

12.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Didn’t he work for GE?

13.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    No Friday haul cause of a dental procedure 🤔 a face lift is a dental procedure right? Cause the skins connected to your jaw right? 🙄🤣

14.     Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    New

https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?t=62433695

898 replies since 20/1/2022, 23:39   97300 views