Tara Henderson, Part 2:Covid? Shmovid!! They Don't Care, Always on the Go

Gotta Hustle & Exploit Those Kids Completely Before They Grow!

« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    We got nothing at school, til high school. They had a fund-raiser for the school where people could buy roses and the senior students would deliver them. Just like mean girls with the candy canes but roses.

pinkumbrella was it the same at your school? No valentine's?

And my parents got us nothing, and we didn't do St Patrick's or Halloween either. It was Christmas and Easter.

2.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Now for St.Patrick's they do the elaborate gift basket the leprechaun left. :shaking_head_smiley_emoticon:

3.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CopperBoom @ 4/2/2022, 20:14) 
    Gifts for Valentine's Day? The fuck?? We got nothing as kids, because it's not a holiday for kids. At school we passed out those cardboard valentines cards and got candy for and from classmates, but that was it.

Tara - KIDS DON'T NEED GIFTS FOR EVERY HOLIDAY!

Spoil f rotten what is Tara going to do buy Baylee a car when she turns 16??? I depise Tara.

Jesus. These vloggers are insane.

4.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    So those Vegas dresses fit Bay and Shay almost perfectly at their height and Tara is like 5'8" and we know she ain't gonna be wearing any pants when she goes to Vegas.... :sick:

Also those tutu dresses on Tatum are not practical. Like who would spend $52 on that? And to me it is not even cute. Like where I live it is like 1 degree almost with this storm every day. I don't see my kid wearing that running around the house any time soon lol

5.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    More $ than brains.

6.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    If it were me and I really wanted to do something for St Patrick's it would be a bowl of lucky charms as a once off treat.

The clothes are not worth that much. Kids play in dirt, mud, snow, get markers on their clothes or paint. I don't know anyone that would spend that.

7.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Hey bakers! Missed you guys!!!

I guess I'm in the minority, I do little baskets for the holidays for my grandkids. Besides, it's an excuse for me to wear headband/antenna that light up and shit

8.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (C3P0 @ 4/2/2022, 20:49) 
    We got nothing at school, til high school. They had a fund-raiser for the school where people could buy roses and the senior students would deliver them. Just like mean girls with the candy canes but roses.

pinkumbrella was it the same at your school? No valentine's?

And my parents got us nothing, and we didn't do St Patrick's or Halloween either. It was Christmas and Easter.

yep same here. v day isn’t a thing in australia, certainly not for kids and unheard of in schools. my parents used to get eachother a card on the day, that was it. nobody decorated and nobody bought their kids anything. tara’s v day baskets are wasteful and materialistic and nothing more than to soothe the guilt she feels for being an absent parent. those gifts are more about alleviating guilt than about making her kids feel special. i mean grayson and tatum would have no idea anyway and i doubt the older two really care.

9.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Yah'll are reading a whole lot into a little Valentine's basket...LOL

Everyone I know (all my friends with kids/grandkids) do some sort of Valentine's gift for their kids/grandkids. Hell, my group of Sorority sisters all send each other cards.

Now, it could be the painpills talking, but seriously....spread some looooove LOL

10.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (CrankyPantsApparently @ 5/2/2022, 05:00) 

Everyone I know (all my friends with kids/grandkids) do some sort of Valentine's gift for their kids/grandkids. Hell, my group of Sorority sisters all send each other cards.

Now, it could be the painpills talking, but seriously....spread some looooove LOL

Did you do that even when they were young? It seems different when you are a grandparent. My friends can't believe how much their mothers dote on the kids and say "there's no way mother would do x y or z for me when I was a kid!"

11.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Of course I did, and so did all my contemporaries. Maybe it was just more of a Southern thing?

12.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It definitely is cultural for us, it really isn't a big deal here. So the thought of spending so much on it seems extra.

13.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status

it’s not a thing here. why is that so hard to understand?

valentine’s day is nothing more than an overblown hallmark holiday that’s largely lost any sort of deeper meaning. it’s just another thing we all do because it’s what society and the advertisements tell us we should do. i mean look at brianna k… marriage is a joke yet she’s still forcing the v day fakery. what’s even the point? and no way would i force such lame garbage onto my kids.

QUOTE (C3P0 @ 5/2/2022, 05:29) 
    It definitely is cultural for us, it really isn't a big deal here. So the thought of spending so much on it seems extra.

what’s frustrating is americans never seem to try to understand any culture beyond their own. we’ve been forced to americanize largely due to the fact we consume so much tv, movies etc from there. it’s not reciprocal though so they just don’t understand our culture. which is fine, i don’t expect every other country to be well versed in australian culture, but at least when someone from that culture tells you about their ways and customs, don’t undermine or trivialize it.

14.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (pinkumbrella @ 2/4/2022, 09:30 PM) 

it’s not a thing here. why is that so hard to understand?

valentine’s day is nothing more than an overblown hallmark holiday that’s largely lost any sort of deeper meaning. it’s just another thing we all do because it’s what society and the advertisements tell us we should do. i mean look at brianna k… marriage is a joke yet she’s still forcing the v day fakery. what’s even the point? and no way would i force such lame garbage onto my kids.

Good thing I am high on painpills because if I were sober and you started that "Valentine's is just a commercially generated holiday" shit I would give you my ex's phone number and the two of you stingy souls could make fun of me and my love of love.

I love Valentine's day. As a kid my dad would come home with a box of chocolates for each of us girls, and roses for mom and it was a wonderful memory I recreated with my kids. Now i keep it going with my grands and my friends, especially us widows.

So you just go ahead and be as nasty as you want to me Pink, throwing around hateful insults like "why is that so hard for you to understand" like it's because you're so so so much better than I am and I'm just toooo stupid to understand your lofty and cerebral insults. ...LOL tonight Pink you're not going to harsh my buzz when it comes to Valentine's day.

Is THAT so hard to understand?

15.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Valentine’s Day is a joke go ahead and buy worthless shit chocolate flowers dinner etc no wonder guys break it off with there girlfriends because they expect chocolate roses lingerie In a month they will find out there pregnant… so overrated and a huge money grab…

1437 replies since 24/1/2022, 12:00   197715 views