Lauren Norris

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (baconforbrekkie @ 5/1/2024, 15:06) 
    Literally why move to NYC if you’re just going to sit at home — I’d love to hear some modeling / acting updates, doing things that are unique to NYC.

She’d have to actually leave the apartment and do something to be able to have anything to update on, and we all know that’s never going to happen. She’s not capable of taking anything seriously enough to actually make it in acting or modeling in NYC.

2.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    haha she posted some clips on her IG story about her day in nyc - coffee and shopping. literally called it.

3.     +5   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I think it was on YouTube I saw she asked people to comment ideas of what they wanted to see in her upcoming Day in the Life in NYC video. I had a scroll through the comments as I was interested to see what types of things people suggested and heaps of them were asking her to go thrift shopping in NYC...
    Had to chuckle seeing her Insta story saying 'so many people recommended I shop in today's vlog'and proceeds to show Love Shack Fancy and Upper East Side.
    Girly didn't understand the assignment

4.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (lurker32 @ 1/5/2024, 09:33 PM) 
    QUOTE (baconforbrekkie @ 5/1/2024, 15:06) 
    Literally why move to NYC if you’re just going to sit at home — I’d love to hear some modeling / acting updates, doing things that are unique to NYC.

She’s not capable of taking anything seriously enough to actually make it in acting or modeling in NYC.

I totally agree. I used to think she had grit, charisma and talent. At the least she was entertaining. Unless she shocks me with a comeback/revamp - she really doesn't have anything that makes her worth watching or following as an influencer.

QUOTE (jbop @ 1/4/2024, 09:37 PM) 
    Lauren's whole "be the girl that just went for it"... what is she "going for" exactly? I kind of got it when she was in college, because she had legitimate accomplishments to celebrate.... getting into college at 21 years old, despite coming from poor circumstances(at least that's how she's made it sound in her videos), starting a Youtube channel that actually gained some traction - hell, even the pageants. I didn't LOVE her toddler and tiara content, but at least it was something she WANTED to do, and she did it, despite what people might say about her, and she placed. No, she's never going to be Miss USA, but hey, she did SOMETHING.

Now... what is the goal here? What are we supposed to be "aspiring" to? Moving to a big city? That's not really an "accomplishment", anyone with a couple thousand dollars and a moving truck can move anywhere they want to. I would have been more impressed if she moved out of the country. Move to Europe or South America and immerse yourself in culture, THAT'S a little more inspiring. Moving to NYC is not exactly impressive when you didn't move there for some big job, or to be on broadway, or because you signed a contract with a modeling agency... no, girl, you just said "I would like to move somewhere, let's go here". She could have just as easily moved to the next town over in Alabama, nothing tied her to NYC. And it's clear that she HATES it by the fact that she doesn't leave.

I've stopped watching a lot of her videos because they're boring, and she's too cringey to watch just taking pictures of herself prancing around NYC. Something about it honestly makes me uncomfortable. I get the vibe that she's trying to portray her brand as an "NYC socialite" but it's not working, because we know you're not a socialite... socialites leave their apartments. They go to parties. They SOCIALIZE with other socialites. She makes it very obvious that she's just pretending, and it's too sad to watch an almost 30 year old pretend to be Blair Waldorf.

Nailed it. She's going to move back in August and say "Well that was that, bucket list checked off! I moved to NYC for a year after college! To see what it was like!" For... Career? No. Education? No. Family? No. Friends? No.
    To have 365 days to sit in the apartment and go shopping.

5.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I just watched the Christmas vlog. It was painful. Seriously painful. First of all, you don't do captions in PINK and white. That's like videography 101. Its laughable how amateur she is.

Second, the caption says they went on a pub crawl in Greenwich. I'm assuming she means Greenwich VILLAGE? Because Greenwich, NY is like 3 hours a way and I seriously doubt they went to CT.

Lauren, this is your job. You've been living in the city for 6 months now. Learn how the names of the neighborhoods.

6.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    nye vlog and another vlog of her talking about crying most of the nice because of a harsh reality check she refuses to talk about

7.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    CITAZIONE (lurker32 @ 1/1/2024, 06:38) 
    CITAZIONE (Night Stars @ 1/1/2024, 04:13) 
    NYC around here during new years eve is not all that it's cracked up to be lol it's also mid 40's temp wise surprisingly warm ish for the area but it's a lot more work to have a good time so I won't blame her on this one for staying home.

Sure…if you’ve been here for longer than 6 months and don’t have a job as an influencer tho. Like her “job” is to do NYC related things that are entertaining for viewers. This is the biggest NYC holiday of the year. Sitting in her tiny apartment (AGAIN, when tf isn’t she just sitting her lazy ass in her apartment) is boring and lame. I’ve been in NYC for 5 years, I stayed home this NYE. I’m also not trying to make a living off of my experience being in NYC tho. She is. This content (if you can even call it that) sucks…

Well yeah I know that and I live here too lol. But it's still not worth it to me to go out to times square for the moment that's more for tourists or whatever. I'd rather watch someone do something different then film at times square everyone in the country knows what times square on New years eve looks like lol

8.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Night Stars @ 7/1/2024, 14:38) 
    QUOTE (lurker32 @ 1/1/2024, 06:38) 
    Sure…if you’ve been here for longer than 6 months and don’t have a job as an influencer tho. Like her “job” is to do NYC related things that are entertaining for viewers. This is the biggest NYC holiday of the year. Sitting in her tiny apartment (AGAIN, when tf isn’t she just sitting her lazy ass in her apartment) is boring and lame. I’ve been in NYC for 5 years, I stayed home this NYE. I’m also not trying to make a living off of my experience being in NYC tho. She is. This content (if you can even call it that) sucks…

Well yeah I know that and I live here too lol. But it's still not worth it to me to go out to times square for the moment that's more for tourists or whatever. I'd rather watch someone do something different then film at times square everyone in the country knows what times square on New years eve looks like lol

Yeah, I’m not disagreeing with you on that. She didn’t need to vlog Time’s Square on NYE, but I’m also not interested in watching her sit in her apartment like she does for 90% of her videos now. I just don’t feel like she really did anything unique or different when that should’ve been a huge priority for her given what her “job” is. She waited until the last minute to make plans, acted shocked that NYC was busiest on their busiest holiday of the year, and it was just boring imo. I feel like this was a huge vlogging opportunity (since we know she’ll only be in the city for a year) that she wasted

9.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Night Stars @ 1/7/2024, 02:38 PM) 
    QUOTE (lurker32 @ 1/1/2024, 06:38) 

I'm not sure they do. They see the entertainment, the crowd interviews, but they do really know? When we went, we got in line (or behind the barricades) at like 3 pm and there were people lining up since early morning. We were way back in a crowd and what I didnt realize is that they barricade you in. Like there are barricades on all four sides of you. So were stuffed in a crowd and some, uh, unsavory things happened. People were arrested, people were shoving, people had lost it. Some of it was entertaining, some of it not. Every once in a while when space opened up down the next block, police would remove the front barricade and people would sprint down to the next block so they could get into the next cage (ahem, "set of barricades"). Anyway, some things happened that night (or those nights) that would have been a hell of a lot more interesting than Lauren drinking her billionth latte and walking around directionless to find booze and return home.

If she was really thinking outside the box, she could have done a "Behind the Scenes: Waiting for the Ball to Drop" or she could have gotten footage of the crowd, interviewed a cop (we had a cop right beside our barricade who spoke to us on camera about the excitement and also the dread of their job on this night -- though we weren't vloggers, it was just for ourselves). She could have gotten footage the day before of all the preps "And another barricade goes up, this is how long the line is expected to be, so picture people 20 blocks away waiting for hours in the freezing cold..." and "the security measures for NYC on this night..." she could have researched past crimes and how many arrests were made last year, and how NYPD could monitor safety, how they were going to deal with protesters. Basically, she could have stopped making every single thing about HER, when her life is so boring, and instead made it about the most-watched EVENT on New Year's Eve. If she cared at all about her channel, she'd do some of the things instead of relying on just her own "let me try coffee and go shopping" schtick that's old and worn.

10.     +4   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I agree she could have and should have done all those things for NYE - or just gone somewhere else for it in New York that’s inexpensive, but that’s so unlike her now! She has main character syndrome except for not really stepping out of her comfort zone, at least anymore, other than moving to NYC, though she might as well have moved anywhere with Will with how little she seems to do there. She hardly talks about anything online except about herself or for an ad making her money - so far not even the Stanley cup fiasco despite it now being about the limited edition pink ones. Makes me wonder if she goes online much at all except for her own content.

11.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CC555 @ 1/7/2024, 08:37 PM) 
    I agree she could have and should have done all those things for NYE - or just gone somewhere else for it in New York that’s inexpensive, but that’s so unlike her now! She has main character syndrome except for not really stepping out of her comfort zone, at least anymore, other than moving to NYC, though she might as well have moved anywhere with Will with how little she seems to do there. She hardly talks about anything online except about herself or for an ad making her money - so far not even the Stanley cup fiasco despite it now being about the limited edition pink ones. Makes me wonder if she goes online much at all except for her own content.

Exactly. The reason her channel took off the first place is because she was appealing to an over-saturated market with a unique angle -- she was a college vlogger who was older. People tuned in because she wasn't the stereotypical 18 year old Bama freshman. She was supposedly a real adult and senior-aged when she began her freshman year. And that attracted people.

Now she's in NYC and all she's doing is laying around the house or drinking coffee which could literally be done in ANY city or town in America. Hell, she could be in Montana or Wyoming and be drinking coffee and decorating her apartment. She's lost the plot.

That's the problem with these influencers. Most of them have zero business acumen. If Lauren just thought about it a minute, she'd know exactly how to build her brand "LN X NYC" means absolutely nothing if all you're doing is hanging around your apartment. Or going to the stupid Plaza over and over and over and over again. It's fine the first time, but what person is sitting there thinking "man, if only I could watch someone go to the Plaza." It's not on people's bucket list. You have to think about WHY this is unique. WHY do people tune in. Newsflash: it isn't because they adore your voice or they want to watch you buy overpriced tea at a fancy hotel. They want to see what you're up to and if you're up to the exact same thing they're doing, or things they don't give a flip about, they're not going to watch. Your viewers are not your BFFs. They're watching to be entertained. Who exactly is entertained by someone taking pictures and drinking coffee all day? What is different about YOU. It's not different or exciting that you have a YT channel or that you can buy short dresses. A dime a dozen. When you have zero insights to give, no one's going to watch.

I'm really surprised she hasn't figured this out.

12.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Glitter Queen @ 7/1/2024, 21:03) 
    QUOTE (CC555 @ 1/7/2024, 08:37 PM) 

Exactly. The reason her channel took off the first place is because she was appealing to an over-saturated market with a unique angle -- she was a college vlogger who was older. People tuned in because she wasn't the stereotypical 18 year old Bama freshman. She was supposedly a real adult and senior-aged when she began her freshman year. And that attracted people.

Now she's in NYC and all she's doing is laying around the house or drinking coffee which could literally be done in ANY city or town in America. Hell, she could be in Montana or Wyoming and be drinking coffee and decorating her apartment. She's lost the plot.

That's the problem with these influencers. Most of them have zero business acumen. If Lauren just thought about it a minute, she'd know exactly how to build her brand "LN X NYC" means absolutely nothing if all you're doing is hanging around your apartment. Or going to the stupid Plaza over and over and over and over again. It's fine the first time, but what person is sitting there thinking "man, if only I could watch someone go to the Plaza." It's not on people's bucket list. You have to think about WHY this is unique. WHY do people tune in. Newsflash: it isn't because they adore your voice or they want to watch you buy overpriced tea at a fancy hotel. They want to see what you're up to and if you're up to the exact same thing they're doing, or things they don't give a flip about, they're not going to watch. Your viewers are not your BFFs. They're watching to be entertained. Who exactly is entertained by someone taking pictures and drinking coffee all day? What is different about YOU. It's not different or exciting that you have a YT channel or that you can buy short dresses. A dime a dozen. When you have zero insights to give, no one's going to watch.

I enjoy mundane content. I enjoy watching vloggers sit around their house and talk to the camera. The key is authenticity. Which Lauren’s content is not and never has been. She’s not a vlogger, she’s a YouTuber. Every video she puts out is curated and planned, which was more understandable in college when her time really was limited. But she’s still putting out the same half-assed, two week delayed videos. If she switched up the content to weekly vlogs or something - even simply started showing us daily tasks like grocery shopping hauls I think it’d make a HUGE difference

13.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Taymack9 @ 1/8/2024, 04:39 PM) 
    QUOTE (Glitter Queen @ 7/1/2024, 21:03) 

I enjoy mundane content. I enjoy watching vloggers sit around their house and talk to the camera. The key is authenticity. Which Lauren’s content is not and never has been. She’s not a vlogger, she’s a YouTuber. Every video she puts out is curated and planned, which was more understandable in college when her time really was limited. But she’s still putting out the same half-assed, two week delayed videos. If she switched up the content to weekly vlogs or something - even simply started showing us daily tasks like grocery shopping hauls I think it’d make a HUGE difference

See, for me authenticity is an expectation before I even subscribe. But one can be authenthic and still be boring AF and I just won't watch them. I can be around my friends, my spouse, my in-laws if I want boring yet authentic. I watch YouTubers to get something I can't see/have at home. It's like a book. I'm not going to read a book about someone going shopping or eating coffee or sitting in their house all day. I'm going to read a book for entertainment and it isn't entertaining to see someone do mundane crap, even if they're authentic while doing it. The only way mundane stuff would be interesting to me is if the person had a larger-than-life personality or an exciting SOMETHING to go with it. But if you're not Taylor Swift, I'm not going to watch you sit around your house all day. And even TS would be pushing it for me.

I'm not saying she needs to go cross-country biking or do some stupid dangerous TikTok challenge for me to be interested. She just needs to do things I don't do every single day myself in a city that's nowhere near NYC.

14.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    It's helpful to hear what you guys say about her recent videos because the last time I tried watching was months ago, was bored and horrified and couldn't watch more than a few minutes. So okay that's still the content..

Her instagram is all recycled, stagnant and materialistic content / for-profit paid partnerships. She posted old footage of her apartment search last summer. Another post shows what she has bought to make a viral tiktok thing.

She simply has nothing to say. Probably in her best interest to just tell us she's taking a break.

Edited by GroceryWhore - 1/9/2024, 05:46 PM

15.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (GroceryWhore @ 9/1/2024, 17:41) 
    It's helpful to hear what you guys say about her recent videos because the last time I tried watching was months ago, was bored and horrified and couldn't watch more than a few minutes. So okay that's still the content..

Her instagram is all recycled, stagnant content, or for-profit paid partnerships: footage of her touring NYC apartments in August 2023, how i make this viral tiktok thing.

She simply has nothing to say and it's painful.

I pick and choose which ones to watch.. I don’t watch the GRWM or anything that Will would have more screen time. I can’t stand him.

1512 replies since 6/3/2022, 20:04   299208 views