« Older   Newer »

1. nptod
        +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Decordiy @ 5/3/2022, 06:18 PM) 
    I disagree with the assumption she exploits Patrick. I don’t think she felt it necessary to explain his TBI until viewers started asking questions like is he married? Why is he so happy all the time? Suggestions that he should start his own YouTube channel. I think she waited as long as she could and until he was comfortable with talking about his accident on camera. I’m sure she will be challenged as her channel grows to stay to her Christian format and not become to much into the sponsorships. I can see how her vlogs must get boring for some as she doesn’t really do a lot of exciting things. My life is probably even more so since I enjoy watching her.

I agree with you about Patrick. I don't feel he's being exploited at all. Yes, he's had a TBI and lives with its effects today, but he's obviously well enough to drive, hold a job, have an independent life. Arika helps him with his budgeting but I don't think he relies on her for other major assistance. And he seems like a truly happy man who is probably fun to be around, in smaller doses because he does seem to have a very large personality.

As I said in another thread before this one, I do mostly enjoy her channel. But there are some things that annoy me from time to time and since this is a gossip site, I'm here to gossip about it.

1025 replies since 3/5/2022, 02:05   88169 views