Dorsett Doorstep

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I love stuff too, but I dislike dusting more so I keep my décor pieces to a minimum. But I don't like word art at all since it has exploded everywhere. At first it was kind of cute. Now? Nope.

2.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    People use too much word decor.

3.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I generally like Arika and her channel, but OMG now even she is complaining about how "busy" her normal, no-one-works-outside-the-house life is. Seriously, Arika? You had a beach vacation, you had some family birthdays, had some family in town that apparently didn't stay at your house, and got gifts and a dinner out for Mother's Day. None of these were surprises that couldn't be planned for well in advance so you wouldn't be so exhausted from the fun.

4.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Tried to edit to add this, but no bueno.

Anyway, it also drives me a little crazy that she wastefully uses so many paper towels daily just to wipe off counters, tables, etc. Get yourself some re-useable, washable cloths Arika. I bet you could even find some in Tiffany blue with words or gingham or other FH overload.

ETA: (Guess this is my shit on Arika day hahaha) I also hate that they are always using plastic plates, bowls, etc. Understood when you have small kids, but it just feels so cheap to me to not use glass/china for adult plates and bowls.

And a couple more since apparently I'm on a roll - why does she let her kitchen sink fill up with all the dirty stuff she's going to put into the dishwasher anyway? Why not just put the crap in the DW? Is it a lazy thing? A control issue thing? And she puts WAY too much in that DW at one time. There is no space for the water to circulate.

5.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Ya, I thought the same also with what u all said. She uses to many signage in her decor and places like the same stuff directly underneath her shelvings( pitcher underneath a vase, sign underneath another sign etc..). I have a small house also, thats why i like watching her.

Thoughts on Marion anyone?

6.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I'll give her a break on the "decorating" since I am pretty much over ALL word "art" crap and Arika always says she's not a decorator so she's not doing anything to please viewers or the Gram - just herself. But yeah, I agree that she's gone overboard and just has repeats of the same things now - "distressed" white cheap furniture, little leaf greenery, pitchers, words, birds, and cake stands.

No real thoughts on Marion. Seems nice enough. A little quiet, but who wants a camera in their face every day? Overall, I do think they are nice people. A little too holy roller for me, esp. with the Liberty connection, but it floats their boat and they certainly don't need my permission for anything.

I have a small house too now (1400 sf, no basement) but it's just me and sometimes one of my sons (who are both single and homeowners, but sometimes want to crash at mom's). I certainly do not miss cleaning 4000 sf. LOL

7.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Marion is quiet, hardworking and capable. They seem to work well together.

About the sink full of the day's dirty dishes ... yes that's so odd. Just put them in the DW! I think years of having a portable dishwasher where she rolled it over to the sink at the end of each day to fill it, has her set in her ways.

I'm not even slightly religious but have no problem with Liberty whatsoever. And then there's Snowflex. Impressive!

8.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Errandgirl @ 5/22/2022, 04:22 AM) 
    Marion is quiet, hardworking and capable. They seem to work well together.

About the sink full of the day's dirty dishes ... yes that's so odd. Just put them in the DW! I think years of having a portable dishwasher where she rolled it over to the sink at the end of each day to fill it, has her set in her ways.

I'm not even slightly religious but have no problem with Liberty whatsoever. And then there's Snowflex. Impressive!

Yeah, you're probably right about the DW. I forgot about her portable DW. She may not even realize the old habit anymore. But for me, it would drive me crazy if my sink were to fill up. I empty my DW as soon as it's ready and then everything dirty goes right in. I'm not a clean freak, but I just don't like a sink full of ickyness. I clean as I go in the kitchen because I don't want to face a big stack after a meal or at the end of the day.

The Liberty conversation can be another day - I'll just say that I've never been a fan of Jerry Falwell or fundamentalist beliefs. But no one is forcing it on me so I'm good.

9.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Oh..a new thread! I also mostly like Arika (sp?) And I think she has done a good job with her little house, although I don't like the word signs and am not a fan of her new furniture,it's just not my taste....the basement is kinda weird and I wonder why they have never just finished it.

I do think she is a nice person, and I like that whenever she gets inspiration from another creator she always credits them. I love her animal's, such cuties, especially Oliver. I agree that they seem to be a nice family, and I like how close knit they seem to be.

I do have to say I think her content tends to be repetitive and boring. I like seeing projects, the kitchen looks really nice, and I liked the porch, agree about the basement room painting. Ugh. Maybe they will really go in and finish the basement, I think that would make a huge difference in that house. Perhaps a second bathroom.

10.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Yes, I understand. Founders of universities all over the country are under fire for a myriad of reasons (including the Ivies). I like how you handle not liking a founder. You say it's not your cup of tea, yet allow it for others, and move on.

QUOTE (Surveillance mode @ 22/5/2022, 15:11) 
    Oh..a new thread! I also mostly like Arika (sp?) And I think she has done a good job with her little house, although I don't like the word signs and am not a fan of her new furniture,it's just not my taste....the basement is kinda weird and I wonder why they have never just finished it.

I do think she is a nice person, and I like that whenever she gets inspiration from another creator she always credits them. I love her animal's, such cuties, especially Oliver. I agree that they seem to be a nice family, and I like how close knit they seem to be.

I do have to say I think her content tends to be repetitive and boring. I like seeing projects, the kitchen looks really nice, and I liked the porch, agree about the basement room painting. Ugh. Maybe they will really go in and finish the basement, I think that would make a huge difference in that house. Perhaps a second bathroom.

She does give credit to so many other youtubers and small business owners. I do admit that's quite nice of her.

11.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Errandgirl @ 5/22/2022, 09:34 AM) 
    I like how you handle not liking a founder. You say it's not your cup of tea, yet allow it for others, and move on.

Thanks!

It's kind of my life philosophy - I just wish everyone could "move on" and still be respectful when they disagree. That's not to say I'm not bitchy/catty in private - I'm here at the Bakery after all - but I've gotten old enough to not sweat the small stuff and to not force my beliefs on anyone else. And credit where it's due - Patrick is thrilled with Liberty and they seem to have done right by him, so that's wonderful.

As to the basement - yes, they probably should have finished it when all the kids were home, but they probably had a lot less disposable income back then too. I'm not a "spa bathroom" person (I'd rather have the sq footage somewhere else at this stage), but sharing one small bathroom with 5 people trying to get ready at the same time would definitely make me crazy. Even my small house has 2 decent sized bathrooms. I doubt they'll do anything much with the basement now that it's only 3 of them living there, soon enough to be 2, although putting up drywall isn't hard or too expensive.

I also would have "splurged" on granite or quartz counters for the kitchen re-do. And I definitely would have saved to do ALL the main level flooring to match. See, me being catty. LOL!

12.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    A couple of thoughts ...

1. I'm not sure how I feel about the way she shut down her PO Box. She seemed kind of "tough shit, I wanted to close it" instead of her usually nicer self.

2. I wish she would stop playing with her damn hair! Her fidgeting with it makes me want to SCREAM. Just cut it off, Arika. It looks better shorter anyway.

13.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I am excited to see her pantry makeover. I have a small house also so..😁 My thoughts with p o is that she is not like others who " need" to have gifts and such sent which I like.

14.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    No, I understand her reasons for shutting it down and I also realize she doesn't have to give any reason - I just think the abrupt way she did it was out of character. People are still sending cards to Patrick for heaven's sake. Personally, I don't care - I don't send stuff to YT strangers.

Pantry makeover - I'm not expecting much but she definitely needs to get some shelves in there already since she's already dumping everything on the floor.

15.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    She said she wants counters and shelving etc for pantry. I do agree on the tone of box being shut down.

1025 replies since 3/5/2022, 02:05   88169 views