Dorsett Doorstep

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I signed up just to answer this! I’ve been lurking forever. 😁

She said in an earlier video that Marion was married right out of high school (or at least to his hs sweetheart) and got divorced when his son was a few months old.

Other thoughts on the Dorsetts:

I like Arika but the part about closing their eyes at the movie and the language is weird. She’s an adult and her daughters are adults. I think they go to a mega church and really want to be good Christians but then don’t see R or PG rated movies if you feel it’s wrong.

I also think it’s weird that Jackson, a teen, wants to go to the pool with his mom all day. Maybe he’s meeting friends there?? My kids started going with friends by this age. Maybe she’s worried about him noticing girls in bathing suits?

And yes about the hair!!!!! I get that she’s self conscious and we all have things that we’d like to maybe change about our appearance but change it already or edit out all the talking. She’s pretty and has a nice figure. She needs to appreciate her attributes.

It was sad to see her mom in a wheelchair. Not sure if this is new.

I don’t think it’s weird that they all shared a hotel room. The mom and daughter probably shared a bed and father and son. Not everyone can get 2 rooms. What I can’t figure out is how they managed the rooms at home with all the kids at home. Did the boys share and the girls share?? Looks like the original house was a 2 bedroom. It’s none of my business but I’m curious. One thing I’ll say is they sure make the best with what they’ve got. I’m glad she got her pantry.

2.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Do u know how they met?

3.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Maybe church? Not sure. Only that she said she thought very highly of him after what he went through with his first wife. Apparently she wasn’t ready for marriage and family and left him. Arika was impressed that he was open to marriage at all. And from what I’ve seen he’s a good husband and father.

I think she talked about it around the time of Michael’s wedding. But I don’t want to lead you down the wrong path going through all the old videos. Sorry I can’t remember.

Edited to add- I forgot to mention she’s said she was in Michael’s life since he was about 3.

4.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    So only 3 out of the 4 kids are her biological children ?

5.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Isecretlycopyher @ 22/7/2022, 03:56) 
    So only 3 out of the 4 kids are her biological children ?

Yep. The girls and Jackson. But it seems like she considers Michael hers while acknowledging he has his mom too. I think he lived with them mostly although she’s never outright said anything like they had full custody.

6.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (csunflower9 @ 7/21/2022, 08:23 PM) 
    Do u know how they met?

She said in one of her Q&As. It wasn't church. I can't remember exactly but Marion was a coworker of someone that Arika knew and I think he helped them when they were moving, early when she first got to Virginia after Patrick's accident/hospital stay. Something like that.

7.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bitchmom @ 7/21/2022, 04:57 PM) 
    I don’t think it’s weird that they all shared a hotel room. The mom and daughter probably shared a bed and father and son. Not everyone can get 2 rooms. What I can’t figure out is how they managed the rooms at home with all the kids at home. Did the boys share and the girls share?? Looks like the original house was a 2 bedroom. It’s none of my business but I’m curious. One thing I’ll say is they sure make the best with what they’ve got. I’m glad she got her pantry.

It wouldn't be weird about the hotel if that's how they slept but she specifically mentioned she wasn't showing one of the beds because the kids were sleeping in it. So if that's true that Jaxon and Madyson shared, then No! She also mentioned that she and Marion loved "their" bed and now she wants a memory foam topper for their actual bed at home. I don't really care THAT much about the bed sharing, just not with a 13 year old boy - they can't control what's happening to their bodies at night. LOL!

They made 2 bedrooms in the basement for the girls, which are now Arika's craft room and Marion's office/den. Arika also mentioned that at one point what is now her pantry used to be Jaxon's room when he was a little kid. So I guess stepson Michael had the 2d bedroom on the main floor, Jaxon was in the pantry (haha), and the girls were in the basement. Not surprising they all seem to move out when they turn 18-19 but they do seem to be a close family so whatever they did, they made it work. I have no real problems with their parenting as far as I can see, not necessarily my style but it doesn't have to be. They all look to be good people.

8.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Ok then I think the hotel thing is a little weird too. I didn’t pick up on all that. Thanks for explaining.

Overall I think they’re good people and I like the channel. But like most families there are things unique to them that I won’t ever understand.

9.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (csunflower9 @ 7/21/2022, 03:29 PM) 
    They were all adults that went to see that movie, and they had to look away a few times hmmm, wonder what scenes?

I read the book a long time ago now, but if I'm remembering correctly, there is a rape scene - so that's probably what she meant. And if so, I do understand that. Not quite as understanding about her commenting on the "language" in the Elvis movie.

10.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    When The Dog movie came out that was questionable for Jackson to go see also.

11.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Yay! A new video and she didn't mention her hair once! LOL! She's using a mousse/spray and letting her natural waves do their thing and I think that's a good choice. It looks a lot better, fuller with more body.

Cute re-do on the shoe bench, but I'm compulsive enough that I probably would've made it a mission to find 3 exact matching baskets. But that's me.

12.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Havent watched yet, will thou after lol

13.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Observations from today’s video:

With all that’s going on in the world right now aren’t there more important things to pray for than Arika’s sewing machine?

Why leave on the magnetic closures (from when there had been cabinet doors) on the shoe bench ? Looks sloppy while the rest of it looks perfect. I wasn’t sure about the color but I love how it looks with the gray.

I thought it was odd that she gave her nephew the rolled up pizza when she didn’t have enough pitas. It sounds like he’s there a lot but he’s still a guest. When we run out of food our guests eat the best and I add extra sides for the rest of us. I wonder if her sister saw the video and If so does she care?

14.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bitchmom @ 7/26/2022, 01:28 PM) 
    Observations from today’s video:

With all that’s going on in the world right now aren’t there more important things to pray for than Arika’s sewing machine?

Why leave on the magnetic closures (from when there had been cabinet doors) on the shoe bench ? Looks sloppy while the rest of it looks perfect. I wasn’t sure about the color but I love how it looks with the gray.

I thought it was odd that she gave her nephew the rolled up pizza when she didn’t have enough pitas. It sounds like he’s there a lot but he’s still a guest. When we run out of food our guests eat the best and I add extra sides for the rest of us. I wonder if her sister saw the video and If so does she care?

I thought all those things too and thought it especially odd she thinks God will fix a sewing machine by praying. Sorrynotsorry not a believer here.

As far as the dinner, if it were my family, we would have split up those pizzas into slices and shared with whoever was there and also sliced up the "pizza roll" and done the same, so everybody had the same to choose from. And yeah, added a salad or fruit or something else if it still wasn't enough. If the nephew (who I think is Marion's brother's son) was given a choice and preferred the pizza roll, that would have been one thing, but she never mentioned that. And then conveniently forgot to show the finished dinners.

15.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    What you described would have been a nice way to divide up the dinner.

All the Jesus music at the beginning was a bit much too. In church it’s nice but does she listen to modern gospel all the time?

1025 replies since 3/5/2022, 02:05   88166 views